Chapter 28

Trouble

“Are you really sure about this?”

“For the hundredth time, yes. Just trust me okay?”

“I really have a bad feeling about this.”

***

It’s a long weekend and the girls were excited spending the days at Sunny’s rest house. They were invited by Sunny to spend time together at their family’s rest house in which the girls gladly obliged.

“Wow. Sunny you have a nice view here.” Jessica watched in awe the view from the second floor of the house. It was overlooking the luscious green forest below.

“I told you unnie you’d love it here.” Yoona proudly stated who was standing beside her also looking outside the balcony.

“Yeah it’s really nice.” Jessica nodded in affirmation.

“When Tiffany unnie came here the first time she didn’t want to leave and go home.” Yoona added laughing. Taeyeon also laughed along.

“Yah Im Yoona!” Tiffany hit the laughing girl by the shoulder.

“But it’s true unnie.” Yoona was still grinning.

Yuri was silently looking out ahead also enjoying the view. Then she remembered the picture she saw at Tiffany’s bedside table. The happy picture of Tiffany and Taeyeon. So it was taken here.

“You okay Yuri unnie?” Seohyun who was standing beside her asked.

Yuri was brought out from her thoughts. “Ye—yeah I’m fine Seo. Just enjoying the view.” She smiled and assured the maknae.                        

“Okay so tonight let’s have some barbeque and have the dinner at the lawn. Then tomorrow will go hiking. I have arranged with the adventure camp nearby and told them our arrival tomorrow.” Sunny explained to everyone.

“We are going hiking?” Seohyun’s eyes twinkled. Excitement evident on her face.

“Wow! Yey!” Yoona clapped her hands and was smiling widely.

Sooyoung’s mouth fell agape. She wasn’t sure if she should be excited or she dreaded the thought of climbing up the mountain.

“Close your mouth Soo.” Hyoyeon held Sooyoung’s chin to close it.

“Yah!” Sooyoung swatted the hand away.

Everyone laughed at two bickering again.

“Okay2x kids. Now that you’ve settled your things, let’s go downstairs and start preparing for dinner shall we?”

“Aye! Aye! Captain!” Yoona saluted and headed out first followed by Seohyun. Everyone else then followed downstairs.

***

Hyoyeon was busy preparing the vegetable salad at the kitchen. Yuri who was looking for the scissors came in and stopped beside her to check what she’s doing.

“Vegetable salad?” The tanned girl asked while eyeing the food being prepared.

“Yep.” Hyoyeon nodded eyes still glued on what she’s doing.

“Uhhmm. Hyo, please don’t add cucumbers. Sica doesn’t like them.”

Hyoyeon stopped for a moment and glanced at the girl standing beside her.

“She doesn’t?”

Yuri nodded.

“Oh. Okay.” Hyoyeon shrugged and resumed on what she’s doing.

“Thanks Hyo.” Yuri patted the girl’s shoulder.

“Cheezy. That’s kinda sweet you know.” Hyoyeon teased as Yuri was about to leave.

“What’s sweet Hyo?” Tiffany came in the kitchen and followed by Jessica. The two headed to the refrigerator to get some water.

“Yeah. What’s sweet Hyo?” Jessica also asked curiously.

“Yuri requested me to not add cucumbers because you don’t like them.” Hyoyeon faced Jessica and grinned widely.

Yuri mentally cursed Hyoyeon. It was just a simple request but the girl made it a big deal.

Jessica’s face heated up. “Oh.”  She looked at Yuri who was scratching her head.

Yuri could feel her cheeks burning. Jessica was looking at her.

“I uhhh…I’ll just resume cooking the barbeque. If you’ll excuse me.” Yuri immediately made her way out of the kitchen.

Tiffany stood there in silence. Observing Jessica who has gone red and Yuri who left in a hurry and avoided eye contact from any of them.

***

The girls were gathered in the lawn. Yuri was busy cooking the barbecue while Seohyun assisted her. Jessica on the other hand was slicing the fruits for the fruit salad. Sooyoung was waiting for her to finish with the fruits while holding a bowl in hand.

“Aaaah! Taetae!” Tiffany came in rushing towards Taeyeon’s direction who was stacking some wood for the bonfire later.

“Wha---” Taeyeon almost stumbled backward from the impact of Tiffany rushing over her.

“Taetae! Bug! That choding is holding a bug!” Tiffany held Taeyeon tightly and buried her face on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Fany unnie! It’s just a small lady bug!” Yoona walked in and was grinning widely while holding a small bug.

“Yoong.” Taeyeon eyed the girl who stopped just a few steps from them.

“But Taeyeon unnie… It’s so colorful and beautiful. Look…”

Tiffany swiftly changed her position and was now hugging Taeyeon from behind. Her face hiding behind Taeyeon’s shoulder.

Taeyeon could feel Tiffany’s grip on her shirt tightened.

Taeyeon shook her head. “She’s afraid of bugs Yoong. Now stop it.”

“But unnie…” Yoona wanted to protest.

“Im Yoona.” Taeyeon sternly stated.

Yoona sighed. “Okay. Sorry unnie.” She then her heels and walked away still carrying the bug.

“Hey it’s okay now. Yoona took away the bug.” Taeyeon patted the other girl’s hand.

Tiffany slowly lifted her head and looked from behind Taeyeon’s shoulder. She then slowly removed her hands from the other girl's shirt.

“I’m gonna get that kid.” Tiffany stated before straightening up.

Taeyeon chuckled upon hearing it.

*

Yuri watched the scene that happened not too far from her and unconsciously gripped the scissors tighter.

“Yuri unnie, you’re cutting the meat too small.” Seohyun who was watching intently at the meat being cooked noticed that Yuri have been cutting the meat with much force and into too small pieces.

“Yuri unnie…” Seohyun held Yuri’s hand to stop what she’s doing.

It was only then that Yuri have been brought back to her senses. When she looked down she saw the maknae stopping her hand from cutting further. Then she noticed how small the other pieces have been cut.

“Ohh. S--sorry Seo.” Yuri grinned.

“You want me to do the cutting unnie?”

“No no it’s fine. I’ll do it.”

“You sure unnie?’

“Sure Seo. Thanks.” Yuri smiled assuring the maknae.

“Okay.”

*

Jessica also saw what happened at the two who were not too far from her. She quickly averted her attention back to what she’s doing. She’s now mixing the fruit salad.

“Uhhh…Sica…” Sooyoung slowly called out.

“Sica….” She called again.

“What?” Jessica finally glanced at the girl beside her.

“Y---you’re crushing the salad. I think you’re mixing it too forcefully.”

Jessica stared at the bowl of salad. “Oh. Sorry about that.” She sheepishly smiled.

Sooyoung tilted her head and stared at the girl beside her. What’s wrong with this girl?

***

Everyone gathered around the table enjoying the dinner that they prepared themselves.

“Nmmm…This is really good.” Sooyoung was speaking with full.

“Manners shikshin.” Sunny glared at the taller girl.

“Sorry.” Sooyoung covered .

Sunny rolled her eyes while the rest laughed it out.

“Taetae, aahh” Tiffany motioned to feed Taeyeon with a wrap of meat.

Taeyeon obliged and fed the other girl in return.

“Awww. That’s sweet.” Hyoyeon stated while looking at the two love birds.

“Yah! You two get a room.” Sooyoung spoke after finally swallowing her food.

Tiffany rolled her eyes from the shikshins’s comment.

The rest of the meal was spent chatting about the plans for the next day.

After eating, Taeyeon and Tiffany volunteered to do the dishes inside the kitchen.

Everyone made their way to the nearby chairs on the lawn.

“Fany-ah that tickles! These plates might fall!” Taeyeon was wiggling.

Tiffany was smiling brightly still tickling the girl beside her.

“Yah!” Sooyoung spoke and glared at the two who were playing instead of taking the dishes inside the house to wash them.

Taeyeon pointed at Tiffany who was still wearing a bright smile.

“Sorry.” Tiffany stopped and sheepishly grinned then resumed on gathering up the utensils.

Not too far from Taeyeon and Tiffany two figures were clearly not liking the scene in front of them.

Yuri was stuffing with chips while mentally cursing someone.

Jessica was gripping tightly the glass of orange juice she’s holding and stealthily sending daggers at Taeyeon’s direction.

***

After chatting and spending some time in front of the bonfire, everyone made their way upstairs. They still have a lot of things to do the next day so they need to have a good rest for the night.

Jessica was standing at the balcony and staring ahead when she felt someone walking towards her.

“Hey. Can’t sleep?” Yuri stopped beside Jessica. She also stared ahead and watched the vast forested area.

“Hmmm. Kinda. You too?” Jessica weakly answered.

“Yeah. Me too.” Yuri chuckled.

Silence engulfed the two for a while before Yuri spoke again.

“I’m still affected seeing her with her.” Yuri softly spoke still staring ahead.

Jessica glanced at the girl beside her who was looking far away ahead.

“Yeah. Me too.” Jessica nodded in understanding.

“I’m afraid we’re already too late Sica.” Yuri looked at the girl beside her.

“You think so?” Jessica glanced up.

“Hmmm.” Yuri slowly nodded.

Jessica sighed and stared back ahead. Then she felt Yuri move closer and engulfed her to a side hug.

She slowly leaned her head on Yuri’s shoulder trying to calm her heart and mind.

“If only I could be given a one last chance.” Yuri sighed still holding Jessica close to her.

“Yeah. If only.” Jessica breathed in and closed her eyes.

 

Under the cold dark night sky, two sorrowful hearts tried to comfort each other.

Under the cold dark night sky, two souls tried to find warmth from each other.

 

Under the cold dark night sky, two pairs of eyes were watching them from behind the glass door.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Tadda! :D

So what do you think?

Will this end with Taeny & Yulsic? or Taengsic & Yulti? :)))

Degeun. Degeun. Degeun. <3

Prepare thy hearts.;)))