Chapter 21

Trouble

The beach house was indeed beautiful. Yuri and Jessica were both in awe after arriving at the housewarming party minutes ago. The house’s interior was especially designed by Narsha herself with furniture all native from Korea. It didn’t give the lavish vibe which is most common to luxury houses but instead a cozy and refreshing home by the sea. Its living room had a large awning window which directly faces the sea. A really good view to watch.

 After a while of chatting with Jessica and the other guests Yuri excused herself for the comfort room. When she came back to the living room she spotted Jessica talking and smiling with a guy whom Yuri could tell was flirting with the other girl. He was tall, masculine and a good looking one nonetheless.

Yuri hastily walked over towards the two figures who were happily chatting.

“Baby sorry it took me a while.” Yuri stood beside Jessica and placed an arm on the girl’s waist and pulled her closer to her setting a distance between the guy and Jessica.

The guy was obviously surprised at the sudden intrusion.

Jessica on the other hand was as surprised as well. But not because of the intrusion, but because of Yuri’s sudden actions. The other girl just called her “baby” and was now caressing her waist by her hand. She was about to protest but Yuri quickly continued.

“Hi I’m Kwon Yuri. Jessica’s fiancée. And you are?” Yuri’s friendly tone was clearly masked.

The guy was taken aback at the revelation but immediately regained his composure and also extended his hand.

“Hi I’m Ok Taecyeon. Narsha unnie’s cousin.”

“Oh I see. Nice meeting you Taecyeon-ssi.” Yuri shook his hand and nodded.

“Nice meeting you too Yuri-ssi.”

The two gave each other a stare which Jessica couldn’t quite comprehend. But she felt tension between the two.

“Uhhh… Oppa, what were you saying again?” Jessica tried to break the tension building up between the two. Yuri was still holding her by the waist. While the person from each side of her continued on staring down at each other.

“Oh nothing really. I was just about to ask you stuff about yourself. I thought you were alone coming here so I was planning of keeping you company.” Taecyeon calmly spoke still oozing with confidence much to Yuri’s annoyance.

“That’s so good of you Taecyeon-ssi. But you see, Jessica didn’t come here alone. We came here together. So thank you for your supposed offer of keeping my fiancée company.” Yuri calmly answered while holding in her annoyance over the guy in front of her.

“Ah that’s good to hear then. A beautiful lady like you shouldn’t be left alone in any place.” Taecyeon smiled at Jessica and then turned to Yuri with a mischievous smile.

“I’ll get going then. I need to refill my glass. It was nice chatting with you Jessica. And also to you too Yuri-ssi.” The guy walked off and left the two alone.

Yuri then removed her hand on the other girl’s waist. Much to Jessica’s relief because the contact was sending electric shocks to her nerve endings.

“What was that about?” Jessica’s tone was cold ice and glared at Yuri.

Yuri just shrugged and grinned.

“Oh my god. You are unbelievable.” Jessica sighed in exasperation.

“What? I didn’t do anything.” Yuri gave her an innocent look.

“You were being rude with the poor guy!” Jessica hissed.

“I wasn’t!” Yuri retorted.

“Yes you were!”

“I wasn’t! That guy was obviously hitting on you!”

“No he wasn’t! He was just being a thoughtful oppa who wanted to keep me company!”

“Oppa my face!” Yuri rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

“You’re hopeless. Talk to me when you’ve grown up.” Jessica her heels and walked off leaving a dumbfounded Yuri.

Grown up? I am all grown up. Pffft. Yuri walked over the table and took some champagne.

***

Jessica have gone around the house after leaving Yuri behind. She was now tired of walking so she decided get back downstairs. When she came near the living room she heard a loud laughing of girls. Curious to see who it came from she searched for it. Her steps were halted upon seeing Yuri and a much younger girl clinging unto Yuri’s arm like a koala. Her presence was clearly unnoticed by the two who were giggling together as if they were in their own world.

Jessica came closer and stopped beside Yuri.

“Uhherrm…” Jessica cleared to get the attention of the two girls.

“Oh. Hi Sica. You’re back.” Yuri was surprised by the girl’s sudden appearance.

“Yes I am. I see you have company already.” Jessica’s tone was cold ice and the words were stated to have some more meaning than what it seems.

Yuri felt the cold tone and the piercing glare the ice princess was giving her.

“Yuri unnieee… who is she?” The girl clinging unto Yuri asked in a cute manner.

Jessica controlled herself of not smacking the other girl. The way the girl was clinging unto Yuri was really annoying for Jessica’s liking and the sudden aegyo made her want to puke.

“Hyuna, this is your Jessica unnie. Sica, this is Hyuna a dongseang of mine. Her elder sister was my close friend back in college and this kid always tagged along with us.” Yuri chuckled while patting the head of the said dongseang.

“Hello Jessica unnie.” Hyuna extended one hand while the other arm was still clinging unto Yuri.

Jessica stopped herself from rolling her eyes and pulling the girl’s arm. Her patience over the younger girl was nearly getting thin.

“Hi Hyuna. I’m Jessica. Your Yuri unnie’s fiancée.” Jessica shook the younger girl’s hand and forced a smile. She then sent a subtle glare at Yuri for not introducing her the proper way.

Hyuna glanced up at Yuri after shaking hands with the other girl. “Yuri unnie, you’re already engaged?”

“Uhhh…yeah I forgot to add it. Your Jessica unnie here is my fiancée.” Yuri nervously laughed. Jessica was clearly displeased at her actions.

Hyuna was about to say something more but someone called her out.

“Hyunaaa! Come over her quick!” It was Narsha calling the girl from the kitchen.

“But unnieee~” Hyuna whined.

It was obvious to Jessica that the girl had no plans of leaving yet.

“Hyuna…you go over there first. It might be important. I’ll be here when you return. We’re not leaving yet.” Yuri patted the other girl’s head and ushered her to go.

Hyuna unwillingly took her arms off from Yuri and stomped inside the kitchen.

Yuri chuckled.

“Yuri unnieee~” Jessica mimicked Hyuna and rolled her eyes.

“What happened to you?” Yuri raised an eyebrow. She was surprised at what the other girl just did.

Jessica crossed her arms and puffed out some air to clear off her annoyance.

“Is she always like that?”

Yuri scratched the back of her head. “Uhh…yeah sort of.”

“How annoying.” Jessica blurted out.

“Yah! Don’t be rude.”

“I was just plainly stating what I think of her!” Jessica retorted.

“Still rude.”

“Why are you defending her? Tell me, even for once, haven’t you found her annoying at all?”

Yuri fell silent for a moment. Jessica was right. Yes there were times when the kid was getting on her nerves. But she just didn’t expect it to come bluntly from the other girl who just met her a while ago.

“And was she always like that, clinging like a koala?” Jessica added.

Yuri stared at her in disbelief.

“She was just being a sweet dongseang!” Yuri retorted.

“Sweet dongseang my face.” Jessica rolled her eyes and walked off. Leaving Yuri behind for the second time that night.

Yuri was left dumbfounded again. What did I do this time? Aish! This woman. Why does she always walk out all of a sudden?

Yuri shook her head and headed to take another champagne at the table.

***

Jessica dragged herself out of the balcony. Clinging like a koala doesn’t necessarily make someone a sweet girl. Pffft. Jessica scoffed.  

She stared at the vast sea ahead and allowed the sea breeze to cool her mind off. It was such a beautiful night. A lot of twinkling stars and the moon shone magically above the seawater. It was a nice view. It gave her sense of peace just looking at the constant movement of waves against the shore.

After a few moments she heard footsteps coming her way. She was expecting Yuri but to her dismay a male voice was what she heard next.

“Jessica?” Taecyeon stood beside her.

“O—oppa…” It was all Jessica could say. She wasn’t expecting the guy.

“Why are you here? Where’s your fiancée?” Taecyeon looked around but found no one.

“She’s downstairs.” It was all she managed to answer.

“Ah…” The guy beside her nodded while looking over the sea.

***

After drinking a few glasses Yuri came looking for the ice princess. When she reached the balcony door she saw two figures standing beside each other looking out at the sea ahead. She wanted to drag the girl out from there but then she remembered how Jessica was mad at her for what she did with the guy a while ago. She didn’t want another strike with the ice princess. Yuri sighed. She unwillingly turned and headed downstairs.

***

Taecyeon noticed the quiet Jessica beside him. He figured the two must have argued or something for the sudden change in the girl’s mood. Earlier downstairs the girl was happy chatting with him but now the girl beside him was just quietly staring ahead.

“Hey, you okay?”

“Huh? Ohh. Yeah. I’m fine oppa. Just a little tired.”

“Hmmm. I’m going downstairs to get another drink. Want anything?”

“Just water oppa please.” Jessica smiled at the guy beside her.

“Okay.” Taecyeon returned the smile and headed to the slide door.

***

Yuri was getting uneasy just waiting for Jessica to come downstairs. She wanted to talk with the girl and apologize for being immature and rude with the guy earlier. After pondering of the Nth time, she stood up and headed upstairs.

When she reached the balcony she saw Jessica standing alone. Much to her relief. Where is that punk?

“Sica...” Yuri carefully spoke while walking towards the girl’s side.

Jessica was startled to hear Yuri’s voice. She wasn’t expecting the girl this time. She felt the girl stood beside her.

“Sica…Uhmm…I---I’m sorry about earlier. Sorry I was rude with the guy.” Yuri was now facing her and staring intently at her.

Jessica did her best not to laugh at the girl. She’s not used of seeing the Kkab Yul this serious and apologizing. So she quietly listened.

“But you know that guy was obviously hitting---” Yuri wanted to add but was cut off when Jessica glared.

“Uhh…so that’s it. I just wanted to say sorry.” Yuri was now scratching the back of her head unable to think of anything else to say.

“Ar—aren’t you going to say anything?” Yuri spoke again after hearing nothing from the girl. Jessica was just staring back at her.

Unable to hold it any longer, Jessica burst out laughing. Which earned a confused look from the tanned girl.

“Wow. I didn’t know you’d grow up in just a few minutes.” Jessica reached for Yuri’s head and patted the girl while smiling.

“Yah! You were also rude calling Hyuna a koala!” Yuri retorted swatting the girl’s hand away.

“Alright. Alright. I’m sorry for calling your dongsaeng a koala.” Jessica said still smiling at Yuri.

“You don’t sound sincere.” Yuri crossed her arms.

“I am being sincere here. I’m really sorry for calling her a koala.” Jessica tried her best not to laugh but her cheeks were puffing from the air in.

“Don’t laugh!” Yuri couldn’t help but also laugh at the thought of Hyuna being a koala.

“You’re laughing yourself!” Jessica wasn’t able to hold it any longer and was now laughing.

But the next thing that happened silenced Jessica in an instant.

Yuri cupped her face and kissed her. On the lips.

Jessica’s eyes widened in shock. Her mind in complete havoc at the contact of their lips. Her heart was beating so fast that in any minute it might jump out from her ribcage. Her senses at its optimum sensitivity. She could feel how soft Yuri’s lips were. She could clearly see Yuri’s long lashes.

While they were happily chatting, Yuri saw the guy walking towards the sliding door of the balcony. Although she had already apologized to Jessica, she still didn’t like the guy going near the other girl. She was even more annoyed that despite knowing Jessica and her are already engaged the guy still kept on hitting on Jessica. So she did what she thought would be the best thing to keep that guy away from Jessica.

She pulled Jessica and kissed her. On the lips. Upon the contact Yuri’s mind have gone haywire. While her insides flipped. For a moment Yuri forgot everything else. But how soft Jessica’s lips were.

She was brought back from her daze when she heard the trailing voice and retreating footsteps.

 “Jessica here’s your--- Ow sorry.” Taecyeon quickly turned and headed to the door after seeing the two kissing.

Yuri immediately broke off from the kiss upon seeing the guy from the corner of her eye walking away.

It was a short contact but both girls were gasping for air after the kiss broke off.

Jessica’s heart raced. Breathing abnormally increased. Face flushed. Nerve endings extra sensitive with any stimulus.

Yuri’s state was nowhere different. She could feel her heart trying to escape from being enclosed inside her ribcage. Her blood rushed over her veins. Her lungs trying to supply enough oxygen to sustain her breathing.

Silence filled the cold night. Stars twinkling above the night sky. Moon shining beautifully at the darkness of the night. Sea giving an equally beautiful reflection of the moon above the surface of the water.

“----”

“----”
“Sor—”

“Stop. Don’t talk about it. I know.” Jessica cut Yuri off. She heard the male’s voice and the retreating footsteps earlier. She knew what it meant.

Yuri fell silent. She knew Jessica has caught on.

“I’ll go get a drink.” Jessica then walked out and left the silent and guilty Yuri behind.

Yuri mentally scolded herself for doing such thing. So immature Kwon Yuri! Grow up!

She could only watch Jessica’s retreating figure. Her hand unconsciously reached her lips.

Her heart still beating faster than usual.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yulsic! Yay! \m/

So what do you think? Should I push these two? NO?

Taengsic and Yulti shippers, did I crush your hearts? Sorry. T___T

I don't want this story to be dragging so I think I really have to decide now.

For the Nth time dear readers, HELP ME DECIDE PLS! :'((

 

p.s.

Thank you everyone for your support of this story! :D

I'm thinking of writing another fic, but I won't make it this complicated. This story is driving me nuts! haha