Chapter 17

Trouble

Taeyeon felt something warm wrapped against her body. When she opened her eyes she saw the face she used to wake up with every morning. The face she once thought of wanting to see for every morning of her life. Jessica. The girl seemed to be peacefully sleeping with arms around Taeyeon’s waist. Taeyeon closed her eyes. And for a moment drowned herself with the warm feeling she missed of having. She drowned herself smelling the sweet scent of the sleeping girl’s shampoo. Still using the same shampoo. Taeyeon bitterly smiled at the thought. When she opened her eyes the other girl was staring at her. No one spoke. They just stayed in their position while not breaking eye contact.

“I---uhh---thank you for last night. I mean---uhh----” Jessica lowered her gazed and loosened her arms from the other girl’s waist.

“It’s okay.” Taeyeon answered. She knew what Jessica meant. She also removed her arm around Jessica’s shoulders.

“-----”

“-----”

They were interrupted with a loud knock on the door. Taeyeon immediately scooted towards the other end of the bed and away from Jessica.

“Who is it?” Taeyeon shouted.

“Taeyeon unnie? Breakfast is ready.” Seohyun shouted back from the other side of the door.

“O—okay. We’ll fellow behind.”

“Hurry up unnie. Sooyoung unnie is hungry. We will wait for you downstairs.” Seohyun then walked away.

“I’ll take a bath first. I’ll be quick.” Taeyeon then stood up took her things and went towards the bathroom without glancing at the girl on the other side of the bed.

Jessica stared at the closed bathroom door. Her heart was racing when she woke up earlier and realized who she was hugging. And when she saw the sleeping figure open her eyes and stare back at her, for a moment she was lost for words. It took her a while before reality dawned at her and so she retracted her arms. She was thankful of the knock at the door. Or else she wouldn’t have known how to end up the awkward position they were stuck with earlier. Jessica sighed. She closed her eyes trying to calm herself.

***

“Sica…” Jessica felt a gentle shake.

“Hey wake up. You take a shower now. They’re all waiting downstairs.” She heard someone spoke.

“Hmmmm” Jessica just stirred. Then she heard a soft chuckle. For a moment her mind tried to process what she just heard. It seemed familiar.

Taeyeon watched as Jessica stirred. It was such a cute sight. Still the same sleepyhead she used to observe while sleeping.

When Jessica opened her eyes she was greeted by a smiling Taeyeon in front of her. The girl had her hair wrapped in towel while bending over her. She blinked.

“Uhh…you take a shower now. They’re waiting downstairs.” Taeyeon then immediately moved back and turned away from Jessica. Being caught staring like a creep was too embarrassing and she did not want the other girl to notice how red her cheeks have gone.

“Ohh---okay” Jessica then stood up and went into the bathroom.

***

When Taeyeon and Jessica arrived at the dining hall everyone was already enjoying their breakfast.

“How was your sleep Taeyeon unnie? Sica unnie?” Yoona asked after the two settled on the two empty chairs across her.

Jessica busied herself and pretended to choose on the food set on the table. She was embarrassed to face Taeyeon after what happened last night and this morning.

Taeyeon saw Jessica eyeing the food on the table and she caught on. 3 years being together with the girl, she knew too well that she’s just trying to avoid the question.

“Slept like a log. The bed was huge and soft.” Taeyeon answered and stressed on the word soft. She couldn’t help it. Teasing Jessica was something she’d always enjoy doing.

Jessica heard it and caught what the other girl was trying to do. She quickly stepped on Taeyeon’s foot under the table and glared at the girl beside her without anyone noticing them.

“Oh…that’s good to hear unnie. I thought you had a hard time sleeping last night. The thunders were loud.”

“Yah really! The thunders were so loud and there were also lightning! Maknae was cowering!” Sooyoung laughed.

“Unnieee!” Seohyun turned red embarrassed at what Sooyoung just revealed to everyone.

Everyone laughed along. Except for Seohyun and Jessica.

“Yah Choi Sooyoung! So what if she’s afraid of those stuff huh?” Jessica defended and glared at Sooyoung.

Taeyeon laughed harder after Jessica spoke.

“Ohh. Looks like our ice princess also had the same problems as our maknae.” Sooyoung was in the mood of teasing everyone.

“Really unnie? Did you also hug Taeyeon unnie? Sooyoung unnie was mad last night because I hugged her too tight.” Seohyun was looking at Jessica trying to gain some sympathy.

Taeyeon stopped laughing after hearing Seohyun. Jessica choked on the food she was eating.

“Hey you okay?” Taeyeon handed her a glass of water.

“Are you alright unnie? You’re so red.” Yoona worriedly asked.

“I’m fine. Just choked a little.” Jessica spoke after drinking the water. She was glad her blushing was mistakenly took as due to her choking. But the truth be told, it was due to Seohyun’s inquiry that made her blush. The thoughts of the events that happened last night makes her all too shy again.

“Hey Yoong, any news about the weather today? It rained pretty hard last night. Can we still go out and ski today?” Sunny changed the topic. She has been a close friend when Taeyeon and Jessica were still together and she knew how the two would act or not act towards each other. She knew something happened last night and she could read it at how the two are interacting together now.

“About that, reports say that what we are experiencing is due to the tail end of a storm heading north. But this would only last a day or two. The weather would be fine soon. Also, the local government has issued temporary ban of any rides uphill for the safety of everyone. So I think we are going to have some change of plans. We still have indoor stuff to play. We can explore them later.”

“Oh. It’s okay. Atleast we are not on the eye of the storm.”

“And also another thing unnie, a tower was hit last night with a lightning so we are experiencing unstable signal for your mobile phones.”

“Ahh. That’s why I didn’t receive any message this morning.” Sooyoung spoke.

“Who would even greet you? You wish.” Hyoyeon retorted.

“Yah! Just what do you mean by that?” Sooyoung glared.

The two continued bickering while the rest continued on chatting while eating.

***

When Yuri arrived at the Park’s residence a girl was standing in front of the house.

“Tiffany!” The girl greeted and hugged Tiffany.

“Soyeon unnie!” Tiffany also hugged the girl in return.

“Oh. Yuri? You two know each other? You came together?” Soyeon eyed the two after Yuri got out of the car.

“Soyeon unnie! You’re here? And you also know Tiffany?” Yuri hugged the girl.

“Uhh. Tiffany is our wedding planner. Jong Hyuk and I are finally getting married.” Soyeon shyly admitted. Soyeon is Mr. Park’s niece. Yuri and Soyeon knew each other back in college when they both studied abroad. Jong Hyuk and Soyeon had been dating since then.

“Wow. Finally tying up the knot huh? Congratulations!”

“Thank you. How about you? I heard you were getting married? I got lost contact with you after I transferred to a different school. You can ask Tiffany here to help out. She’s the best event organizer in town. Ohh wait, or is it Tiffany you’re marrying? You came together.” Seonhwa curiously asked.

 “Oh no no! Please don’t misunderstand.” Tiffany butted in.

Yuri awkwardly laughed. “No it’s not Tiffany. Her car broke down and I happen to pass by so I gave her a ride. I came here to see Mr. Park. Got some business as usual.”

“Ah. I thought you were together. I’m sorry. Anyways, come on let’s go inside.” Soyeon gestured for the two to follow her. Oblivious of the awkward atmosphere between Yuri and Tiffany.

Yuri was welcomed by Mr. Park and was instructed to have a rest first before they talk business the next day. Tiffany and Soyeon got into business after Tiffany settled her things in her room. Tiffany was told to rest first but as diligent as she is, she refused. She wanted to get down to business and not waste time.

***

Due to the bad weather, the girls had change of plans and spent the day exploring the different indoor facilities of the ski resort. After dinner they ended up in Yoona’s room playing cards and drinking beer.

“My body aches from all the playing around.” Sooyoung complained and laid on the floor.

“Yeah me too. Let’s stop playing cards. I don’t want to use my remaining energy thinking.” Sunny also laid on the floor and threw her cards.

Everyone laughed. They all enjoyed the day. Playing games, chatting and trying different foods served at the café. Taeyeon and Jessica’s interaction have improved a lot. Though they still don’t strike up direct conversation with each other, but atleast they weren’t avoiding each other anymore. What Taeyeon did last night was really a big favor and Jessica appreciated it. And how Jessica responded with Taeyeon’s touch last night sent a warm feeling towards Taeyeon. Knowing that she could still make Jessica feel secured overwhelmed Taeyeon. She was happy discovering the same old feeling.

“Okay let’s stop playing cards. Let’s play another game then.” Hyoyeon suggested while setting the cards aside.

“What game unnie?” Yoona laid on floor while having her hands supporting her chin.

“Truth or truth.”

“What? Is there even such thing?” Sooyoung’s head perked up and positioned herself facing the other girls. Copying Yoona’s posture.

“Yes. Just now. I’m tired of doing dares so let’s just make it all truths. It’s not that tiring isn’t it?”

Everyone nodded in agreement. Including Taeyeon and Jessica who stayed quiet after playing the last set of cards.

“But how do we get to decide who will be asked and who gets to ask?”

“Bottle spinning!”

“Seems fine to me. Okay then let’s gather into a circle.”

“Whoever is pointed by the mouth of the bottle should answer the question truthfully. Anyone can ask the question. Max of two questions only can be thrown each round.”

“Two questions each person can ask?” Sooyoung inquired. Confused of the just-made-up rules of the game.

“Pabo! Only two questions for the person on the hot seat. So don’t be greedy and do all the questioning! Give chance also for the others to ask!” Hyoyeon smacked Sooyoung’s head.

“Ouch! Why you---”

“Yah! Stop it! Are we playing or not?” Sunny cut the two off.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon glared at each other while the rest rolled their eyes.

“Okay now let’s start.” Sunny spoke and spun the bottle.

“Seohyun!” Everyone shouted. The bottle was pointed at the maknae.

“So our dearest maknae, what’s the real score between you and that Yonghwa guy?” Sunny grinned victoriously.

“Wait, who’s that Yonghwa guy?” Sooyoung butted in and asked Sunny.

“How would you know? You’re always busy eating.” Sunny rolled her eyes.

“Hey! It’s not always! Anyways, who is he? I think I have heard that name before but I’m not sure.” Sooyoung tapped the floor trying to think.

Everyone was listening intently. Curious also of what Sunny would reveal.

“He’s a special client who specifically requested for our dear Seo Ju Hyun to handle his case.” Sunny proudly stated.

“Huh?”

“What? You didn’t hear about that?”

“I’m not sure though.” Sooyoung sheepishly grinned.

“Aish. Anyways, so how’s it going Seo?” Sunny eyed the maknae.

“Uhhh…It was just business unnie. And Yonghwa oppa has not said anything else but business. Please don’t misunderstand us unnie.” Seohyun answered truthfully.

“Ohhh. But what if one day he tells you that he wants more than just business and friendship. That he would like to court you. Would you give him a chance?” Hyoyeon quickly added.

“I…uhhh…I don’t know. Maybe. Oppa has been a good friend.” Seohyun blushed.

“Yay!” Everyone cheered.

The bottle was spun again.

“Yoona!” Everyone shouted.

“So, Im Yoona, how is it between you and Seunggi oppa?” Sunny eyed Yoona mischievously.

“What?! Seunggi oppa the master architect?! Why do you know so much Lee Sunkyu?!” Sooyoung butted in again.

Sunny just shrugged and wore an all-knowing smirk.

Yoona couldn’t believe her ears. Sunny had bumped into them a couple of times whenever Seunggi and she would go out. But she has begged Sunny not to tell anyone about it yet. And the other girl really didn’t tell anyone about it yet. So she was caught off guard when Sunny asked such question.

“I---we----Seunggi oppa and I are good friends now. We don’t want to rush things so we’re still getting to know each other.” Yoona’s face flustered.

“Ohhh….but you know where that friendship is headed right? And would you allow it?” Hyoyeon teased.

“Errrr----yes.” Yoona covered her face after speaking. She was really embarrassed admitting it to her friends.

“Yaaaaay!” Everyone cheered again.

“This is getting exciting. Better watch your back midget.” Sooyoung smirked at Sunny.

“Bring it on Shikshin.” Sunny retorted.

The bottle was spun again and it pointed on Sooyoung this time.

“Shikshin!!!” Everyone cheered.

Damn it. Sooyoung silently cursed.

“So shikshin, how is it going with that guy from HR department? The guy who kept sending you flowers and chocolates.” Taeyeon grinned.

Sooyoung’s eyes widened at what just Taeyeon stated.

“Oh my God. I should have seen this coming.” Sooyoung held her forehead.

“Spill it! Spill it!” Everyone cheered.

“It’s not something to be cheered for!” Sooyoung glared.

“How is that?” Hyoyeon spoke.

“Because I don’t like him! That guy has halitosis for goodness sake! I already turned him down but he said it’s okay. He just likes sending stuff to show his appreciation so I didn’t protest further if he insists. And who was I to say no to free chocolates?”

“That’s so mean unnie!” Seohyun spoke.

“But he insisted!” Sooyoung retorted.

“And he has halitosis.” Taeyeon added and laughed hard. Everyone else followed along laughing.

“Unnies! You’re so mean!” Seohyun crossed her arms and pouted.

“Okay okay. We’ll stop. That guy could be having health problems. Or just too unhygienic.” Hyoyeon added and laughed again.

Seohyun could only shake her head and waited for their laughing to die down. She then took the bottle and spun it. It pointed on Taeyeon this time.

Taeyeon stared at Seohyun in disbelief.

“So, Taeng, do you have any plans of taking it to the next level and tying the knot with Tiffany?” Sooyoung victoriously grinned.

“Tying the knot? Don’t you think it’s too fast?” Sunny butted in and challenged Sooyoung.

“So what if they’ve only been together for such a period of time? It’s not about how long or short you have spent the time with someone. But about the way how the other person makes you feel. Haven’t you seen Taeng act like a teenager who just had her puppy love? You wouldn’t feel that way with just everyone you’re in a relationship with.” Sooyoung retorted while looking at Sunny.

Sunny fell silent at what Sooyoung just said. At the corner of her eye she could see Jessica whose face suddenly became gloomy. Sooyoung saw Sunny’s eye twitch and realized her mistake. Jessica was also there with them. And the statement she just said was a hard blow. She mentally scolded herself for being tactless.

Everyone fell silent. Except for Hyoyeon and Seohyun who had no idea bout Taeyeon and Jessica’s past. Tension built up inside the room.

“Hey Taeng, answer. It wasn’t such a hard question you know. If I was on your place, I would definitely marry Tiffany. She is such a catch.” Hyoyeon stated matter-of-factly. Oblivious of the sudden tension.

Seohyun nodded in agreement. Also oblivious of the tension around the 5 people inside the room.

Taeyeon felt blood drain from her face. He heart raced. She could see the sudden change in Jessica’s expression. She was hurt at what Jessica did back then but still it didn’t give her the courage to hurt the other girl back. And she knew that answering such question would definitely hurt her. She sighed inside. If she doesn’t answer the question then it would only leave a suspicion to Hyoyeon and Seohyun. And she doesn’t want her past to be talked about anymore.

“I---uhhh---I don’t know. We will cross the bridge when we get there.” Taeyeon managed to answer. Avoiding eye contact from anyone.

“Then unnie, how would you know that she’s the one?” Seohyun innocently inquired.

Taeyeon fell silent for a moment then glanced up and looked at the girl opposite her.

“You just know it Seo. You’ll feel it. And you’ll know it that he or she’s the one.” She said those things while looking at Jessica. Then she glanced at Seohyun and smiled.

Jessica hung her head low. She knew and she could feel it that Taeyeon was looking at her while she said those things. She just couldn’t bring herself to look at the other girl.

“Excuse me.” Jessica quickly stood up and excused herself to the comfort room.

Taeyeon wanted to follow but Sunny held her arm and stopped her. Sunny then shook her head telling her not to do it. Taeyeon could only sigh and unwillingly obliged.

***

When Jessica returned she saw Taeyeon lying face down on the bed.

“She passed out. Drank too much beer.” Hyoyeon answered her questioning look.

“Ahh…Guys, can we call it a night? I’m kinda tired already. I really want to sleep now.” Jessica gave an apologetic look.

“Yeah. Let’s call it a night. I’m also tired.” Sooyoung then stood up.

Everyone then slowly followed. When everyone was already on the door and ready to leave Taeyeon to sleep in Yoona’s room, Taeyeon walked towards them and grinned.

“Let’s go. I want to sleep in my room.”

Everyone was surprised that Taeyeon was up and was able to walk up to them.

“No. Just sleep here in Yoona’s room.” Sunny cut her off and was about to drag Taeyeon back but the other girl evaded her hand.

“No. I want to sleep in my room. Not here.” Taeyeon shook her head furiously.

“It’s okay Sunny. I’ll bring her back to the room.” Jessica assured her.

“O---okay then.” Sunny could only sigh and nodded.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Taengsic, Taeny, Yulsic and Yulti shippers! So how was it? :D

Which pair should I choose to end up with?

Still haven't decided yet. T__T