Chapter 22

Trouble

It was past 10PM and Yuri got bored while watching TV alone in the apartment. Jessica was with Taeyeon having an overtime at the office.

Yuri was flipping the channels but found nothing interesting. She got off the couch and tried to look for food in the refrigerator. But to her dismay, it was empty. Jessica and she have been quite busy with work lately and so no one had the time to check or buy groceries. She then decided to go out for a walk at the convenience store not too far. She wasn’t sleepy yet and she was craving for some ice cream.

It was a chilly night and so Yuri adjusted her hoodie above her head and placed her hands on the front pocket of her jacket. She was walking casually along the road at the heart of Seoul. When she reached the convenience store a big sign was posted,

-SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE. TEMPORARILY CLOSED FOR RENOVATION AND TO GIVE YOU BETTER SERVICES IN THE FUTURE. PLEASE BEAR WITH US.-

“Great.” She groaned. She looked around trying to figure out if there was another convenience store nearby. She has already walked a few blocks so returning home empty handed would be such a waste. I should have brought the car.

She continued walking ahead looking for a convenience store.

***

Tiffany was having one of those nights where she could hardly sleep. And since Taeyeon wasn’t around and busy with work, she had no one to talk to. She took her jacket and headed outside for some night walk.

The busy street of Seoul has somehow gotten its peace. Only a few cars were now roaming the city. Maybe employees who just got out from an overtime at work. People who had a more active night life than any other time of the day. Or people like her who was just enjoying the city life under the night sky.

Tiffany was walking in nowhere in particular. Just letting her feet drag her along the roads of Seoul. She then reached a dim lit alley. When she was about to turn the other way she heard soft cries of help.

“Please helppp…”

It was almost inaudible but Tiffany heard it. And without thinking twice, she headed straight to look for the source of the voice and offer help.

“Hello? Miss? Mister?” Tiffany called out while walking slowly into the dark alley.

“Helppp…”

Tiffany could tell that she was nearing the person who was in need of help. When she reached a pile of boxes someone forcefully grabbed her.

“Agghhhhhhhhh!” It was a reflex reaction from the loud girl. But was immediately covered by the unknown man.

“Don’t you dare shout again or it will be the end of you!” The man hissed while pointing something sharp on Tiffany’s side.

Tiffany trembled in fright and nodded.

***

Yuri was tired of walking. So she decided to just give it up. She was about to walk back but a loud scream caught her attention. She looked around but saw no one. She waited for another scream but none came. She felt strange.

She saw the dark alley and thought that the scream must have come from there. She slowly made her way towards the alley. When she reached the alley she heard muffled noise.

“Give me your wallet and phone.” The guy ordered Tiffany which the girl immediately obeyed. Her body was shaking from fear. She took out her phone and wallet and gave it to the guy who still had the sharp object on her side.

“Hello? Anybody there?”

Tiffany and the guy heard someone spoke. And footsteps nearing them.

She stiffened. The guy securely pocketed the phone and wallet.

The footsteps were obviously near them now. The man suddenly pushed Tiffany and dashed out of the alley.

Yuri was startled when a guy suddenly ran out from the alley. Something was off from the man’s action. She hastily walked over to the pile of boxes where the guy came out from. There she saw a girl hugging tightly her knees.

“Miss? You okay?” Tiffany heard a familiar voice and felt someone coming near her. When she glanced up she saw someone removing her hoodie while kneeling beside her.

“Y—yuri?” Tiffany’s voice was trembling. She was hugging her knees tightly and was sobbing out of fear from the encounter with the man.

“Fany?!” Even with the absence of light, Yuri knew who the owner of the voice is. Tiffany.

Yuri immediately grabbed the crying girl and hugged her as tight as she could.

“Oh my God! What the hell are you doing here?! Are you alright?!” Yuri was filled with so much worry after realizing that it was Tiffany.

Tiffany didn’t respond. But instead, sobbed hard in Yuri’s comforting embrace. Yuri hugged her tightly in return.

Yuri was terrified at the thought of Tiffany and with that guy. What if she didn’t come just in time? What if after hearing the scream she just left? What could have the guy done with Tiffany? What if….

Yuri hugged Tiffany like there was no more tomorrow. She’s nearly crushing Tiffany but she wasn’t aware of it. All that mattered was securing Tiffany in her arms and never letting her go. She wasn’t even aware of it but tears were slowly rolling down her cheeks.

“Don’t ever go out alone this late! Don’t ever go out alone! Don’t ever do that again! When you want anything and no one is there, even if it’s in the middle of the night please call me. Don’t scare me like this again. Please. I would never forgive myself if something bad happens to you.” Yuri was babbling out. She was also crying now while hugging Tiffany.

Tiffany was nearly being crushed by Yuri’s embrace but it didn’t matter. Yuri’s presence was giving her security and peace that’s slowly crawling back to her system.

They stayed in that position for quite some time. Until Yuri’s arms have gone numb and Tiffany felt her arms aching. Tiffany has finally calmed down and so did Yuri who was still the other girl’s back.

“Can you stand up? I’ll carry you if you still feel weak.” Yuri’s voice was soft and filled with concern.

“I--It’s okay. I can walk.” Tiffany weakly answered.

Yuri helped her stand up. And placed an arm on her waist to support her.

“I’ll take you home. I didn’t bring my car so we’ll just wait for a cab okay?” Yuri was still supporting her by the waist and was now looking at her assuring her that everything’s gonna be alright.

Tiffany could only nod.

The ride towards Tiffany’s apartment was quiet. Tiffany was leaning on Yuri’s shoulder and peacefully sleeping. Yuri was staring blankly outside while the sleeping girl’s hair. I told you I’m going to take care of you for the rest of our lives. But…. If only you’re not with her. Yuri was surprised with her own thoughts.

***

Jessica was exhausted. She and Taeyeon had an overtime at work. The project they were working out was supposed to start next week but unexpected problems have arisen. So now they have to work double time to fit with the project’s timeline.

After a few hours working together inside her office, Jessica finally asked for a short break. Taeyeon was as exhausted as well and agreed.

“You want some energy boost?” Jessica asked Taeyeon who was staring blankly at the window of her office.

“Huh?”

“There’s a café just across the street. Let’s grab some coffee and muffins maybe.” Jessica knew Taeyeon was fond of sweet treats.

Taeyeon grinned. “Sure.”

After the two have paid for their take outs at the café, they headed out to return to the office. Jessica was fixing the coffee and muffins to prevent it from falling when she saw a bright light coming her way. She was stunned and was frozen in place.

Taeyeon was smiling while looking at the treats she bought and to Jessica who was only a few steps ahead. Then she saw it. A fast car heading towards Jessica’s way. She immediately dropped everything at hand and rushed over to Jessica pulling her forcefully which lead the both of them to stumble backward. Safe. Away from the car which didn’t even bother halting to check on them.

Jessica expected a collision with the incoming car but none came. Instead she felt a strong pull from behind. When she opened her eyes she found herself on top of Taeyeon who had a horror stricken expression written all over the girl’s face.

“Are you alright?! That punk! It was clearly a yellow light!” Taeyeon pulled Jessica into a tight hug. Her heart was racing from the horror she felt just seconds ago when she saw the fast car headed straight towards Jessica.

“My God…Thank goodness you’re alright.” Taeyeon was still hugging Jessica tightly.

Jessica could feel Taeyeon’s heart beating so fast against her. She could feel the rapid breathing of the other girl. She felt the worry and concern of the girl while hugging her tightly.

“Are you hurt? Does it hurt anywhere?” Taeyeon was still in panick.

Jessica shook her head and hugged back the other girl tightly. Tears trickled down her cheeks.

Why Taengoo-ah? Why do you still act this way? If only not for Tiffany…

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taengsic and Yulti! Yay!

Can you feel how confused I am with these people? T___T

So what do you think?

Taeny and Yulsic? or Taengsic and Yulti?

This story is nearing its end. So i'm apologizing ahead to the hearts that may get broken after I choose which pair to push through. :))))