Chapter 10

Trouble

***

“So how was it? It wasn’t that bad right?” Tiffany eagerly asked as soon as they reached Taeyeon’s apartment from the welcome party.

“Hmmm. Your dad was friendly. He seems to be okay with having me in your life.”

“That’s good to hear. Daddy can sometimes be over protective and all but he’s fine.”

“How about Jessi? Pretty isn’t she? I guess it runs in the blood.” Tiffany flipped her hair and winked. Earning an eyeroll from Taeyeon.

“How long have you known her?”

“Since we’re kids. We used to live in LA before while Jessi and her family were in San Francisco. Then dad decided to expand his business here in Seoul.”

“Ohhh. How long have you lost contact? I overheard some your conversation back there.”

“About 2 or 3 years. My ex-girlfriend and I loved to travel a lot so Jessi and I only talked or Skyped for some time. And she also got busy with their family business. Last time I heard her father had some trouble and that their company was a bit shaken. So we kinda had no time to check on each other. And then she and her family moved back to San Francisco while I returned to Seoul. So we really didn’t have the chance to meet up again.”

“Hmmm.”

“Why, what about her? Why do you seem so curious about her?” Tiffany eyed Taeyeon before they settled on the couch.

Tiffany was having a hard time trying to reach the zipper at the back of her dress. “Here let me help.” Taeyeon lend a hand.

“Thanks. So?” Tiffany raised an eyebrow waiting for Taeyeon’s reply.

“So what?” Taeyeon asked back.

“Jessi.”

“Ohh. About her. Hmmm. Let’s get changed first. We’ll talk later.”

Taeyeon then stood up and went to her room.

She took all the time trying to cool herself under the shower. So that’s why she hasn’t met Tiffany while Jessica and she were together. She was torn on what to do next. Either tell Tiffany the truth or keep pretending that Jessica and her had no history. But if she keeps it, things might just get complicated. After pondering for a while, she has decided to tell everything to Tiffany. She intends not to keep any secret from her if she wants to be helped.

Tiffany was left alone in the couch. She was curious. And she felt there’s something. But she just can’t point it out. She then went to her room and took a shower. When she went out Taeyeon was still inside her room so she just made herself comfortable on the couch watching TV.

“What took you so long?” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon who plopped herself beside her on the couch.

“Just enjoying the hot shower.”

“Spill it Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany was getting impatient. Taeyeon has been acting weird the whole time at the party. At first she thought the other girl was just nervous meeting her family but when Taeyeon said that she was okay with her dad then it mustn’t be her dad. Now she’s even more curious what’s bugging the other girl’s mind.

“Hmmm. I don’t know where to start…” Taeyeon was nervous. She kept fidgeting at the hem of her shirt.

“Just spill the beans! I’m all eyes and ears whatever it is that you would like------“

“Jessica Jung was my ex-girlfriend!”

Tiffany blinked. Then stared at the girl beside her.

“Yo---are you sure it---it’s her? She---she’s the ex-girlfriend you were telling me about?” Tiffany uttered in disbelief. Of all the people in the world, why should it be her cousin? This must be a joke.

“Are you trying to pull up a prank here bec---“

“I’m not. And I’m pretty much sure it’s her. Jessica.” The last word almost came out as a whisper from Taeyeon’s mouth.

The room fell silent for quite some time before Tiffany broke the silence.

“So--- what do we do now?” Tiffany slowly and softly spoke. She felt like the room has gotten so small. She can feel the tension inside. She was nervous. Her heart was pounding. She didn’t really know how to respond to the current situation. Jessica is her cousin. The one whom Taeyeon has been talking about all this time. The person who made Taeyeon almost lost her sanity.

It took a while before Taeyeon finally spoke.

“Let’s---just continue with the plan. Nothing will change.”

“Are you sure about this Taetae?” concern evident in Tiffany’s voice.

“This is how it’s should be right? Let our exes see us happy with someone else so that we won’t look like losers. So let’s continue with it. Or don’t you want it now because she’s your cousin?” Taeyeon felt cheated by fate. Of all people… The one who broke her and the one who helped her put back into pieces, are cousins. Just great. Taeyeon couldn’t help but scoff at the bitter reality.

“No…its’ not that. I---the situation must just be harder for you knowing that we’re cousins. And--- since were cousins, it only means….I mean, we belong to the same family. We’ve known each other since we’re kids. We seeing each other more often is normal. But with you… you can’t avoid her that much if we are together.” Tiffany carefully explained. She doesn’t want Taeyeon to be put at a compromising situation.

Silence once again filled the room.

“Then I have to face her more often also.” Taeyeon stated flatly.

Tiffany sighed. Taeyeon is just being stubborn.

“Look, I really want to help you as much as I can. But think about this….Just think about it please. I don’t want to see you hurting.” Tiffany stood up.

“Go get some rest Taetae. Goodnight.” Tiffany gave her a goodnight kiss on the cheek and headed to her room.

***

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello dear readers. ^___^ Thank you for spending some time reading this fic and for subscribing. Please leave some comments. I'm having quite a hard time deciding which pair to end up with. T____T