Chapter 27.B

Trouble

After buying Krystal the tennis racket, Yuri suggested to buy for a wristband to wish her some luck. It was a silly thing but Krystal obliged nonetheless. It’s her Yuri unnie anyway what more could she expect from the kkab girl.

Jessica was having a good time spending time again with her little sister. She has clung to her sister like a koala while they went from store to store. Krystal was also delighted because her older sister could join them. They happily chatted about a lot of stuff and the things they wanted to buy. It was a good thing Yuri was with them or the two could have gone shopping instead of buying the necessary things Krystal would be needing for the sports fest.

Yuri was happy seeing the two sisters catch up. She knew how the two were close to each other and she felt good seeing them together. She was walking ahead of the two while looking at the stores in line when suddenly she felt someone hug her from behind trapping her arms on her sides.

“Yuriiiiiiii!” A female voice squeaked.

Jessica halted on her steps and the smile on her face faded when she saw a girl with light brown long wavy hair rush towards Yuri’s direction and hugged the girl from behind. A frown made its way on her face while watching the scene not too far from her.

Yuri was completely surprised with the sudden hug and immediately turned her head to check who it was then a bright smile escaped her lips.

“Seonhwa!” Yuri beamed a smile and gave the pretty girl a bear hug.

“I was right it’s you!” Seonhwa returned the bear hug and the bright smile.

“What if it wasn’t me? Would you just hug some random stranger?” Yuri joked the bright smile never leaving her face.

“Of course not! I wouldn’t just hug anyone.” Seonhwa laughed still holding Yuri in a tight hug.

Jessica raised an eyebrow. The long hug and the bright smiles of the two was too much for her liking. And another thing was the fact that the girl was indeed pretty not just from the back view. Who is she?

“Wow. I can’t believe my eyes! It’s really you!” Yuri’s eyes travelled from the girl’s head to toe.

“I can’t believe mine either.” Seonhwa chuckled.

“You’ve gotten prettier.” Yuri complemented the girl.

“And you’ve become a smooth talker.” Seonhwa playfully patted Yuri’s right cheek.

Yuri’s face immediately heated up. “Am not!”

Seonhwa chuckled again. “Yes you do.”

Jessica’s frown deepened. Clearly not pleased with the scene in front of her. Is Yuri blushing? And why is that girl patting Yuri’s cheek? Who is she? AND WHY IS YURI BLUSHING?! Jessica unconsciously gripped Krystal’s arm tighter while boring holes on Yuri’s skull.

“Oww!” Krystal hissed at her sister but Jessica ignored her. The older girl was obviously not paying her little sister any attention. Her sister was too engrossed with the unpleasant scene taking place in front of them.

“But I’m only telling the truth!” Yuri protested.

“Fine2x. Thank you. You look good yourself. Told ya dark hair suits you best.” Seonhwa Yuri’s hair while grinning.

 “Thanks. Yeah. ‘Guess you were right about the hair color.” Yuri sheepishly grinned.

“Uheerm...” Jessica cleared which interrupted the little chitchat and reunion of the two.

“Mind introducing us to your friend Yuri?” Jessica shot a glare at the tanned girl.

“Oh. Yeah. Right. Seonhwa, this is Jessica and her younger sister Krystal. Krystal, Sica, this is Seonhwa my friend back in college.” Yuri introduced the three to each other.

“Hi. I’m Seonhwa. Yuri’s friend and roommate back in college.” Seonhwa introduced herself and extended her hand to the two girls.

“Hello unnie nice to meet you.” Krystal accepted the hand and shook it.

“Hi. Nice to meet you.” Jessica also accepted the hand and shook it. With a not so happy face.

“Seonhwa unnie, you said you were Yuri unnie’s roommate in college, you also studied abroad?” Krystal curiously asked.

“Uhh…Yeah something like that. I was unfortunate to have her as my roommate back in the dorm.” Seonhwa sighed though she was smiling while looking at Yuri.

“Yah! I wasn’t that bad of a roommate!” Yuri protested.

“Of course you were. Kept me up all night. Most of the time.” Seonhwa playfully winked at Krystal.

“Yah! Don’t pollute the kid’s mind! Krystal, please don’t misunderstand.” Yuri frantically waved her hands while her face was turning red.

Seonhwa gave a hearty laugh. “I was just joking. I’m sure this kid knew that. But it was true you kept me up most of the time. You’re endless stories kept me up all night. We go to class the next day with barely 3 hours of sleep.” Seonhwa hit Yuri’s arm.

“Okay fine stop ruining my image.” Yuri put an arm on the girl’s shoulders and pulled her a little to her side as if restraining her to spill things further.

They’re really that close? Jessica was silently observing the interaction of the two.

“I’m not ruining your image. I’m just letting them see the real you. Like when----” Seonhwa was about to talk more but Yuri covered the girl’s mouth with her hand.

Yuri sheepishly grinned at Jessica and Krystal. Jessica unconsciously raised an eyebrow. She wasn’t really liking the closeness that the two were exhibiting in front of her. Too much skinship.

After successfully swatting away Yuri’s hand from covering Seonhwa hit the girl’s arm again. “Yah!”

Yuri grinned then made a peace sign at the girl. Seonhwa rolled her eyes. “Some things never change.”

“There’s one, you’ve really gone prettier.” Yuri beamed a smile.

“And you’ve really become a smooth talker Kwon Yuri.” Seonhwa shook her head.

Yuri laughed at Seonhwa’s comeback. “So tell me, what brings this beautiful lady here in Seoul? I thought after college your family is migrating to Europe. Found a handsome rich European guy?”

“My brother’s getting married and they want it to be here in Korea.”

“Ah. Send him my best wishes. How about the European guy?” Yuri gave her a smirk.

“Sure. And nope. Haven’t found one yet. ‘Guess I haven’t found the one who can beat the confession made to me at the graduation party.” Seonhwa gave Yuri a shrug and a playful wink.

Yuri could feel her face and ears burning. She gave a nervous laugh.

Jessica caught Yuri’s suddenly reddened cheeks and the nervous laugh. Now she’s even more intrigued about the history of the two. Who really is this girl?

“A girl as beautiful as you haven’t received a romantic confession yet? That’s kind of hard to believe.” Jessica almost scoffed but instead gave a shrug.

Yuri gave an awkward chuckle. “I know right. That’s kinda hard to believe indeed. Anyways, let’s move on with the European guy thingy. Want to grab some ice cream?” Yuri placed an arm around Seonhwa’s shoulders and squeezed it a little trying to divert the topic. Which was responded with a hearty laugh from the pretty girl.

“What?” Yuri gave her an innocent look.

“I got ya there you know.” Seonhwa laughed again. But was interrupted with her phone ringing. When she took it out the call has been ended.

“Oops. Looks like my little sister is looking for me already.” Seonhwa gave them an apologetic look. Then she turned to Yuri and handed her phone. “Number. I won’t let you off that easily this time. I’ll call you before I fly back to Europe. We have a lot of catching up to do.” She gave Yuri another mischievous smile.

Yuri took the phone and typed in her number. “Be my guest.” She grinned.

Seonhwa bid her goodbyes to Krystal and Jessica. Then she turned to Yuri and gave her a hug. “I think someone is jealous.” She whispered to Yuri’s ear and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Leaving a confused and an all flustered Yuri.

“Bye girls.” Seonhwa waved and her heels.

Jessica shot the retreating figure a deadly glare before turning back to a still flustered Yuri. “Special college roommate friend I see.”

“H—huh?”

“Nothing.” Jessica shot Yuri a glare and started walking ahead while dragging her sister along.

Yuri was left dumbfounded. What did I do?

***

Taeyeon was surprised to see her mother and Hayeon standing outside her door that morning. Her mother and father are going to attend an alumni homecoming with their close friends and they couldn’t bring Hayeon along. Her mother instructed her to take care of Hayeon for the rest of the weekend while she and her father head out of town.

Taeyeon was wearing a content smile while enjoying the view of the instant closeness of Tiffany and Hayeon. After her mother left that morning Tiffany suggested for them to take Hayeon around Seoul and go shopping. After being a walking baggage counter of the two girls who seem to have no plans of ending the shopping, Taeyeon finally butted in and warned the two to stop or else she won’t be allowing Hayeon to comeback to Seoul again. The shopping spree ended up in a cozy restaurant for them to have dinner. Hayeon kept sulking while Tiffany kept on coaxing the little girl who was reprimanded. Taeyeon watched in amusement the two girls sitting across from her. A small smile escaped her lips as she recalled how Tiffany protested at her decision.

Tiffany dragged her into a corner while Hayeon sulked on a nearby bench.

“You’re being a killjoy ahjumma!” Tiffany hissed at Taeyeon.

“Am not!”

“Yes you are!”

Taeyeon could see Tiffany’s nostrils flaring due to annoyance. She tried hard not to laugh or pinch that nose in between her fingers. She kept a straight face. “We already bought more than enough Fany-ah. I want her to know how to observe some limits.”

“But it’s not every day that she’s here!” Tiffany hissed again. Clearly displeased with Taeyeon.

“Exactly. That’s why I’ve allowed her to buy the things she wanted. But I also want her to know that shopping is not the only thing we could do to enjoy ourselves together. We can go to the amusement park tomorrow or eat out or watch movies. You’re transforming her to be a shopaholic like you.”

“I am not a shopaholic!” Tiffany glared at the shorter girl.

Taeyeon fought the urge to laugh. She was really enjoying the annoyed Tiffany right now.  “If you’re not, then what do you call yourself? Just a moderate buyer? Then what does that make me?” Taeyeon chuckled as she saw the girl furrow her brows and huff some air. She knew the girl got her point.

“Fine. I’ll talk to her. But still, you’re a killjoy ahjumma!” Tiffany shot her another glare before stomping away and walked towards Hayeon’s direction.

Really stubborn. Taeyeon’s thoughts were interrupted when their order finally arrived.

Taeyeon was drinking her water when the waiter came in and gave her a blueberry cheesecake.

“But I didn’t order for this.” Taeyeon was puzzled as she looked at the waiter.

“It’s the courtesy of the girl---”

“Me.” A pretty girl appeared on Taeyeon’s side and nodded for the waiter that he can now leave.

After the waiter excused himself, Taeyeon was left with mouth agape while staring at the other girl. Tiffany’s brows furrowed while observing the smiling girl standing beside the surprised Taeyeon. She has just finished eating when she saw the waiter came in with the blueberry cheesecake and the other girl appeared beside Taeyeon. Hayeon on the other hand was busy eating and paid no attention at the older girls.

“Hi?” The standing girl smiled and waved in front of the surprised Taeyeon.

Taeyeon snapped out of her daze and closed . “Boa unnie!” She immediately stood up and hugged the other girl. The two girls exchanged hugs with a bright smile on their faces.

“How are you unnie? Where have you been? Who’s with you?” Taeyeon looked from left to right and behind the girl named Boa.

Boa laughed at the dorky behavior. “I came here alone.”  

“Oh. Come on then join us.” Taeyeon motioned for Boa to take the empty seat beside her.

“Unnie, remember Hayeon? My younger sister.” Taeyeon pointed at the girl who was still busy eating. Obviously still sulking. The girl lifted her head said hi and resumed on eating. Boa chuckled at the little girl’s obvious rebellion. Then Taeyeon introduced her to Tiffany who was wearing a curious look. The two girls shook hands and exchanged hellos.

After the introduction, Taeyeon resumed on interrogating the older girl. Tiffany silently observed the two interact at each other. She furrowed her eyebrows while watching Taeyeon who animatedly exchange stories with the girl. They seemed really close with each other. Tiffany’s observation and trail of thoughts was interrupted when she heard Hayeon whisper unto her ear.

“She’s Taeyeon unnie’s first crush in high school.”

Tiffany turned her head to see Hayeon casually stuffing a small size of chocolate cake unto .

Tiffany slightly nodded. “Did Boa unnie feel the same?” She lowered her voice just enough for her and Hayeon to hear. The two girls across from them were still immersed in their own world catching up.

“Hmmm…I’m not that sure though. Boa unnie has been really sweet and caring towards Taeyeon unnie. I think it’s one of the reasons why unnie liked her.” Hayeon shrugged then continued on slicing the cake.

Tiffany stole a quick glance at the two. They seem to be really enjoying seeing each other again. Especially Taeyeon. The bright smile never left her face since Boa joined them. She slightly turned her body sideways towards Hayeon.

“Did Taeyeon confess about her feelings to her?” Tiffany was obviously curious.

Hayeon shook her head. “No. Unnie was afraid to be rejected and she didn’t want to ruin their friendship. They were still high school anyways. I think unnie wasn’t that sure about her feelings either so she didn’t want to risk it.”

Tiffany nodded and just stared at Hayeon who kept on eating like sharing her sister’s high school crush was just a normal thing to do.

“But I heard from unnie’s friends that Boa felt the same way. Taeyeon unnie was just too dense to even realize it. Well yeah, Taeyeon unnie is really dense when it comes to stuff like that.” Hayeon continued while munching the cake. “Which makes me really curious as to how she got you unnie.”

Tiffany was surprised at the younger girl’s last statement. “H—huh? What do you mean?”

“You know…how did you and Taeyeon unnie got together. Did you make the first move unnie?” Hayeon stared curiously at Tiffany.

Tiffany opened but closed it again. What could she say? They are not really a couple. There were no dates to get to know each other that happened. To fluttery confessions that took place. Then she remembered their first meeting at the bar near her apartment. The drunk and lost Taeyeon. Tiffany’s face heated up at the memory of their first meeting. A lot of things happened on that first meeting. Her trail of thoughts was interrupted when she heard Taeyeon call her.

“Fany…”

“H—huh?” Tiffany lifted her head and saw Boa already standing beside a smiling Taeyeon.

“Boa unnie said she’ll go ahead.”

“Oh. Sorry. Just had a lot of thoughts in mind. Take care unnie. Nice meeting you.” Tiffany awkwardly smiled. Embarrassed of being too immersed of such thoughts in mind.

Boa chuckled. “It’s okay. It’s also nice meeting you Tiffany. And nice seeing you again Taeyeon. See you next time okay?” She patted Taeyeon’s head.

“Nice seeing you again unnie. See you next time. Take care unnie.” Taeyeon beamed a smile and hugged the other girl.

 

Tiffany watched silently as the two hug each other. Her eyes never left the girl who bid her goodbye to Hayeon and gave another hug to Taeyeon before walking towards the exit. 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Jelly Sica and jelly Fany. :)))))

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

So I wrote a new fic and this time it has a lighter plot. :D

Writing Trouble is driving me nuts. lol

 

Check out IMPRESSIONS on my stories. :)))