Chapter 28.B

Trouble

After the successful convention, Yuri has asked for a break from his father. She just wanted to laze around the apartment, watch TV, eat, sleep and prank Jessica. A smile escaped her lips as she remembered the last prank she pulled off at the petite girl. The basket with little stuff toys and cucumbers was really an excellent idea. Jessica ignored her almost the entire week because of that. There was a time Yuri intentionally didn’t cook breakfast to get Jessica talk to her again. But as stubborn Jessica is, the girl still refused to talk to her. Jessica tried to cook for herself during breakfast which almost set their kitchen into fire. Good thing Yuri was there to put out the fire that started forming. Yuri could remember the pouting Jessica as she helped the petite girl clean up the mess in the kitchen. She tried her best that time to restrain herself from laughing out loud at the failed attempt of cooking. She then volunteered herself to cook after cleaning up the mess which successfully brought Jessica to talk to her again. Yuri snapped out from her trail of thoughts when she heard Jessica’s bedroom door open.

Jessica walked groggily outside her bedroom and into the kitchen. She was thirsty and felt dizzy.

Yuri almost choked at the orange juice she was drinking while standing against the refrigerator. Jessica was wearing a see through nightie and was heading her way. Yuri gulped. She could see the lacy pink garments under the thin nightie. She could also see the petite figure of the girl under the thin fabric.

“G—good m—morning. I thought you went to w—work already.” Yuri stupidly smiled and greeted trying to hide her sudden nervousness. She hastily stepped aside to give room for Jessica who continued on walking towards the refrigerator. Her soul almost leapt out from her when she saw Jessica fall on the floor.

“Ommo! Sica! Yah!” Yuri threw the cartoon of juice she was holding and immediately came beside the unconscious girl. “Yah! Wake up!” She tapped the girl’s cheeks but got no response. She then carried and brought the girl back to her room. After setting Jessica into bed, Yuri called her friend doctor.

*

When Jessica opened her eyes she saw Yuri with an unreadable expression while sitting on a chair beside her.

“Hey… you okay?” Yuri’s voice was full of concern. Jessica could see the beads of sweat forming unto the girl’s creased forehead.

Jessica tried to sit up but Yuri immediately stood up and stopped her from doing so.

“Don’t get up. I’ll call the doctor in.”

“Huh?” Jessica looked at the tanned girl puzzled.

“I…I didn’t know what to do so I called my friend doctor to check on you. She told me she’ll check on you again once you regain consciousness.”

Jessica nodded in understanding. She could see the genuine concern on Yuri’s eyes.

After a while, Jessica saw Yuri came in with a shorter pretty girl walking beside her. Are all her friends really pretty? Does she know anyone who’s not the definition of pretty? Jessica mentally smacked herself from thinking such things after she just regained her consciousness. She maintained a straight face as the two approached her on the bed.

“Hi. I’m Dr. Hara Go. You can call me Hara. Yuri unnie is a friend of mine so it’s fine.” The doctor smiled at her as she was nearing Jessica’s bed.

“Hi Dr. Hara.” Jessica weakly smiled.

Hara checked her pulse rate, blood pressure, and other vital signs and asked her a few questions before writing something on a sheet of paper.

“She’s just over fatigued unnie.” Hara turned to Yuri who was sitting quietly while observing them.

“You should get some rest unnie.” Hara then faced Jessica who was as quiet as Yuri.

Jessica nodded in understanding while Yuri furrowed her eyebrows. She’s overworking herself.

“I’ll just give you some supplements to take unnie and have a couple of days off from work. You need total rest.” The young doctor tore the paper and gave it to Jessica.

Hara then stood up and so did Yuri.

“Thanks Hara.” Yuri smiled and patted the doctor’s shoulder.

“No problem unnie. Anytime.” Hara smiled back.

“By the way unnie, whatever you did last night or the previous nights, give it a break for just a couple of days. Jessica unnie needs some rest.” Hara wore a mischievous smirk as she looked at Yuri.

“Yah! You green minded punk!” Yuri protested and was about to hit the young doctor but the shorter girl has leaned unto Jessica’s direction whispering something.

“Unnie, ask your girlfriend to take her hands off you for just a couple of days okay? You really need some rest.” Hara grinned and winked. Jessica could feel her face burning and was rendered speechless due to embarrassment.

Yuri saw Jessica’s suddenly reddened face and the mischievous grin from the young doctor. She immediately pulled Hara by the wrist.

“Yah! Get out of here! You have patients dying and waiting for you right?” Yuri dragged Hara away from the bed. She knew what the young doctor must have whispered to Jessica causing the sick girl to be flustered like that.

“I’ll just kick her outside our house.” Yuri sheepishly smiled at Jessica as she continued on dragging Hara towards the door.

Jessica could only watch her bedroom door close. She could still feel her face burning of embarrassment. My girlfriend? She felt her cheeks with her hands. Yes Yuri and her are going to marry soon but they haven’t even had a real date. Not even first base. Well if you count the kiss back at the beach house, it would be the most intimate thing they have done. It didn’t even last a minute. They’ve shared a bed a couple of times but the cuddling only happens when they’re both asleep. An unconscious or subconscious doing only.

Jessica shook her head from thinking nonsense things. She laid back to bed and decided to sleep her stupid thoughts off. Aish!

***

Tiffany was invited by Taeyeon to come along with her for a business party. The firm where Taeyeon is working was having a thanks giving party for everyone’s hard work which lead to the firm’s success for over the years.

Tiffany sat there on her table holding her glass of champagne while she looked at Taeyeon who excused herself for being called out by a young female colleague.

“You okay there Fany?” Sooyoung joined her on the table.

“Yup. Where’s Sunny?” Tiffany looked around looking for their short friend.

“She’s out of the country. Seo’s having some family matters.” Sooyoung stuffed with a chocolate cake. “Where’s Taeng?” Sooyoung looked around while munching the food.

Tiffany pointed out at Taeyeon’s direction with her glass of champagne.

“Oh.”

“Is she new here? Haven’t seen her in the previous parties.” Tiffany curiously asked still eyeing the two figures away from them.

“Yup.” Sooyoung nodded while continuously stuffing food on .

“Ah. That’s why. Taetae and her seem to be close though.” Tiffany commented while swirling her glass.

“That’s Jiyeon. Taeyeon was her mentor while she was still doing her OJT at the firm. After she became a CPA she applied at the firm and was accepted. They work on some projects together.”

“Ah.” Tiffany nodded and sipped her drink.

“She is Taeng’s number one fan. She’s got a huge crush on your girlfriend.” Sooyoung laughed as if what she said was funny. But her laughter immediately died down when she saw the frown forming on Tiffany’s face.

“Errr---It’s just a crush. Taeng only sees her as a hoobae.” Sooyoung nervously chuckled as she saw Tiffany’s straight face.

“Anyways, did you hear the new mall that’s----” Sooyoung wanted to change the topic but was cut off when Tiffany spoke.

“Do they work together that often?” Tiffany kept a straight face. Eyes piercing at the two happy figures chatting not too far from their table.

“Uhh…They’ve worked a couple of projects together. Often spend overtimes together.” Sooyoung knew she was in deep trouble now. She thought of checking if she and Taeng had life insurance.

“Does Taetae know that Jiyeon has a crush on her?” Tiffany’s eyes never left the two figures. She didn’t pay a single glance at the nervous Sooyoung sitting across from her. Her glass now empty of champagne.

“Errr---I don’t think she----Errr…” Sooyoung could swear her life was in danger with the way Tiffany was throwing her questions and the way the girl looked at the two figures away from them.

“Hmmm?” Tiffany finally glanced at Sooyoung when she didn’t hear a clear response from her question. “Does Taetae know about it?”

Sooyoung gulped. “I---she---I think Taeng knows.” Sooyoung nervously stuffed a spoonful of cake on to excuse herself from talking or answering any of Tiffany’s inquiry.

“I see.” Tiffany nodded and turned again to watch Taeyeon and Jiyeon.

Sooyoung let out a deep breath when she saw Taeyeon heading their way and joined their table. Finally!

“Hi Soo. What’s up? Fany you want more champagne?” Taeyeon sat beside Tiffany and offered her glass filled with champagne. Oblivious to the talk Sooyoung and Tiffany just had.

“So Jiyeon huh? She’s pretty.” Tiffany turned to face Taeyeon. Her expression, unreadable.

“Uhhh…Yes?” Taeyeon answered. Puzzled at Tiffany’s sudden statement.

“Is it nice working with her?” Tiffany’s face was as straight as the flagpole. Sooyoung could only gulp down the juice she was drinking while she quietly listened at the two.

“Uhhh…Yes? She’s a smart kid. Easy to work with.” Taeyeon carefully answered, though she could sense something was up while she was away. She shot Sooyoung a glare asking what’s up with Tiffany but the shikshin avoided eye contact and busied herself on stuffing with another piece of cake.

 “Okay. Work well with her then.” Tiffany then stood up and left their table. Sooyoung also immediately stood up and excused herself to refill her plate with dessert.

Taeyeon was left dumbfounded and stared at Tiffany’s retreating figure. What did I do?

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for the short and late update. I've been really busy these days. T___T

I only log in on aff to check for updates. I don't have much time to write for new chapters. :((