Chapter 18

Trouble

Yuri woke up early the next day. She planned of having a jog around the place but when she reached outside, the rain started pouring. She ran back towards the house and did her stretching instead. It was unfortunate that she couldn’t do her jog around the place. She wanted to see the scenery but then the weather just wouldn’t allow her.

Her head perked up when she heard footsteps. When she turned she saw an all drenched Tiffany running towards her spot to avoid the pouring rain.

“What are you doing?! You are all drenched up! Where have you been?! It’s still early!” Yuri spat out. She took her unused towel and wrapped it on Tiffany’s shoulders. It was a reflex reaction the moment she saw the state Tiffany was in.

For a moment Tiffany was stunned at Yuri’s outburst. She stared at the other girl and to Yuri’s hands which wrapped a towel on her shoulders.

Yuri blinked and stared at Tiffany for a moment. Then she realized what she just did. She immediately retracted her hands but didn’t remove the towel on Tiffany’s shoulders.

“I---uhhh---sorry.” Yuri muttered and avoided the other girl’s gaze.

“I---it’s okay.” Tiffany answered.

“I was just surprised to see you this early.” Yuri added still avoiding eye contact.

“It rained pretty hard last night so this morning I went out to check the venue of the wedding. To make sure things would still work out well even if it would rain during the event. It wasn’t raining when I left this morning but on my way here the rain poured again and I didn’t bring any umbrella.” Tiffany answered truthfully. Though she could have chosen not to explain but she still felt the need of explaining. The other girl was just worried and she knew it. Yuri has always been the caring type towards people.

“Ahh. You---you better get inside then and change. You might get sick.” The last sentence almost came out as a whisper in Yuri’s mouth but Tiffany heard it.

“Ye---yeah. I will. Uhmm… I’ll return your towel after I wash it. I’ll get going then.” Tiffany her heels and walked away.

“And uhh…” Tiffany paused and turned,

“Thank you.” She gave Yuri a smile before turning again and walked inside the house.

Yuri could only stare at the retreating figure.

***

The business deal with Mr. Park went well for Yuri. Then Soyeon requested her to stay for the wedding the next day so she obliged.

Tiffany heard a knock on the door.

“Come in.” Tiffany answered without looking at the door. It was past dinner time and she was having one last check on things for the wedding the next day.

“Uhhh…Soyeon told me you haven’t had dinner yet so I brought you food. And also medicine. Just to be sure. You were out in the rain this morning.” Yuri awkwardly stood by the door carrying a tray with food and medicine.

For the second time that day Tiffany was lost for words. She was once again taken aback at what Yuri just said and did. She stared at the awkwardly standing figure at the doorway.

“I’ll uhh…just place this here. You can eat it later when you’re done with your stuff.” Yuri placed the tray on the center table and walked towards the door then she heard the other girl finally speak.

“Wait.” Tiffany called out.

Yuri turned around and nervously waited for Tiffany to continue.

“Wait here.” Tiffany then stood up and went inside the bathroom.

“Here’s your towel. I already washed it. Thank you. And thank you also for the food and medicine.” Tiffany handed Yuri the towel and gave her a warm smile.

“Ohh…yeah. The towel.” Yuri awkwardly took the towel.

“It’s okay. You’re welcome. Go get back to work now. And don’t forget to eat your dinner.” Yuri smiled and left the room.

For a moment, Tiffany just stared at the food on the tray. Yuri has always been the caring type. And the gesture made her heart feel warm inside. It has been these little things that Yuri did for her that made her fall for that tanned girl. It has been those little things that made her choose that girl over the rest of the guys in line. She sighed. Yuri has been the best person she has ever been in a relationship with.

Tiffany held her chest. Then shook her head furiously.

I better get back to work. Tiffany then went back to her workplace.

***

Jessica supported Taeyeon towards their room. When she was about to place Taeyeon on the bed she stumbled forward and ended up on top of Taeyeon. Face only inches apart. Both stared at each other.

Jessica’s breath hitched. Taeyeon was staring intently at her. Then she saw Taeyeon’s eyes travel towards her lips. She gulped. And before she could think of anything, she felt Taeyeon’s lips on her.

Jessica’s mind went blank. Her heart pounded hard against her chest. Blood rushed all over her body. She could feel Taeyeon’s soft lips against hers. For a moment she lost control of herself and closed her eyes.

Then realization of what they are doing dawned on her. She abruptly opened her eyes and pushed herself up.

Taeyeon was startled at the sudden action from the other girl. She stared at Jessica who had an unreadable expression on her face.

“I---I’m sorry.” Taeyeon spoke but avoided eye contact. She was embarrassed of what she just did. She blamed it on the beer.

“G---go back to sleep. I’ll take a shower now.” Jessica then dashed towards the bathroom without paying a single glance at Taeyeon.

***

The wedding went well and everyone was enjoying the dinner party. Yuri has had a couple of shots already and so did Tiffany.

When the party was over Yuri was drunk while Tiffany was tipsy.

“Tiffany, would you mind helping Yuri to her room? She seems to be drunk already.” Soyeon requested.

“Oh. Okay unnie. Our room is next to each other right?”

“Yes. And thank you for the best wedding Tiffany.” Soyeon gave Tiffany a big hug.

“Jeeez. It’s nothing unnie.” Tiffany beamed a smile after breaking the hug.

“Okay you go to bed now. I know you’re already tipsy and Yuri there might end up sleeping on that table.” Soyeon chuckled while looking at Yuri’s direction who was silently sitting on one corner.

“Okay then. Thank you for the party. We enjoyed it. And congratulations unnie.” Tiffany smiled again before going to Yuri’s direction.

“Hey come on let’s go.” Tiffany gestured for Yuri to come along.

Yuri stood up and swayed towards Tiffany’s direction. Tiffany grinned observing the drunk Yuri. When Yuri reached the spot beside her she then wrapped an arm on the girl’s waist and placed Yuri’s arm on her shoulder for support. They walked upstairs chuckling about nothing in particular. It must have been due to the alcohol that the two have acted this way towards each other.

When they reached Yuri’s room, Tiffany opened the door for her and placed her on the bed. After settling Yuri on the bed Tiffany then left the girl and walked out of the room.

***

Tiffany was startled when she heard a knock on the door. She was about to lay on her bed after having a quick shower. The wedding event has been exhausting plus the fact that she got tipsy and had to carry a drunk Yuri to her bedroom, she was dead tired.

“Hi! Ready to sleep?” Yuri greeted her the moment she opened the door.

“What are you doing here?”

“To sleep.” Yuri grinned. The tanned girl was still obviously drunk even after changing into sleeping clothes.

Tiffany was surprised to see the other girl. She was even more surprised as to how Yuri managed to change into sleeping clothes and walk to her room.

“What?!”

“Sleep here.” Yuri was still grinning.

The next thing that Yuri did took Tiffany by surprise.

Yuri walked passed her on the doorway and made her way towards the bed. Yuri then comfortably plopped herself on the bed. Lying face down.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?!” Tiffany walked over towards the figure on the bed.

“------”

“Yah! Kwon Yuri!” Tiffany shook Yuri but the girl didn’t bulge. She was already sleeping.

Tiffany could only sigh. She was too tired to argue. And arguing with a drunk person is useless. So she locked the door and turned off the lights. She then made her way towards the bed and laid down with her back facing Yuri.

Tiffany was about to close her eyes when suddenly she felt Yuri’s arms wrapped around her waist. She tensed.

“Goodnight Fany-ah. Sleep tight.” She heard Yuri whisper to her ear. She felt Yuri’s head resting on the crook of her shoulder while still hugging her from behind.

Tiffany was about to protest but then she felt Yuri’s steady breathing against her back and heard light snoring from the tanned girl. When she glanced over her shoulder, she felt Yuri’s nose against her cheek. It was only then that she realized how close their proximity was. It was dark inside the room so she wasn’t able to see their position earlier.

It might be dark inside the room but Tiffany was sure her cheeks have had a hue of pink in it at that moment. She calmed herself. She closed her eyes and dozed off to sleep immediately after.

***

When Jessica woke up, Taeyeon was still sleeping peacefully beside her. Jessica turned to face the sleeping figure. She gently caressed the other girl’s face. She traced her eyebrows, her lashes, her nose, her cheekbones, her jawline, and her lips. She sighed.

“Taengoo-ah, you’re right. I should have trusted you enough that you will be able to fight for me until they wouldn’t be able to take me away from you. But I’m sorry Taengoo. I just couldn’t risk it. I couldn’t risk you. Just the thought of you experiencing hardships because of me, and the thought that I could have done something for you to avoid such fate, it’s just unbearable for me to think about it. I know I’m such a coward for not fighting for you hard enough, for not fighting for us, but I really couldn’t risk anything about you. I just can’t Taengoo-ah. I’m really sorry. I hope someday you’ll be able to find forgiveness in your heart. Despite our unfortunate fate, it was still fortunate that you and Tiffany found each other. Tiffany is a good person and I know she will take care of you. Please be happy Taengoo. Even if it isn’t because of me anymore. I’m glad you ended up with her. Hyoyeon was right, Tiffany is such a catch. So don’t let her go.” Jessica couldn’t stop her tears from falling while saying such things to the sleeping figure. She stared at the girl beside her for a moment. Atleast she was able to personally say those things to Taeyeon even if the girl was asleep. It was enough for Jessica. She knew she couldn’t do it if Taeyeon was awake. She sighed. She then slowly slipped out of bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

The moment the bathroom door was closed, Taeyeon’s tears began falling. She was awake the moment she felt a touch on her face. She heard everything Jessica said. And she felt how helpless the girl was at that moment she made the decision. Taeyeon sobbed quietly.

***

Yuri was surprised to see Tiffany peacefully sleeping beside her. She racked her brain as to how she ended up in Tiffany’s room. She was relieved to see herself still fully dressed and so did Tiffany.

Yuri stared at the sleeping girl beside her. She brushed aside Tiffany’s hair and tucked it behind her ears.

“Fany-ah, I’m sorry if I took away your chance of deciding for yourself. I’m sorry if I didn’t fight enough for us to be together. But I couldn’t risk even the slightest of you. I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if anything bad happens to you and knowing that it’s all because of me. I couldn’t risk you Fany-ah. I just can’t. I’m sorry. I don’t know Taeyeon personally but based on the things I’ve heard about her, I can say she is a good person. And I’m glad you found each other. I know she’ll take care of you. I hope time will come that you will be able to forgive me. If in the next life we happen to meet again, I will never let you go again. Please be happy Fany-ah. You deserve to be happy.” Yuri caressed Tiffany’s cheeks and planted a soft kiss on the sleeping girl’s forehead. She then slowly slipped off the bed and went to the door and left.

The moment the door was closed, Tiffany opened her eyes. Tears started to fall. She heard it. Everything that Yuri said, she heard everything of it.

***

“You’re leaving also?” Soyeon asked when she saw Tiffany carrying her stuff.

“Ah yes unnie.”

“Oh. Yuri left just a while ago. She sends her thank you for helping her last night. She said you could still be sleeping so she didn’t wake you up.”

“Ahh.”

“Thank you so much for the wonderful wedding Tiffany. It was really amazing.” Soyeon gave Tiffany a tight hug.

“You’re always welcome unnie. And thank you also for trusting me of your wedding.” Tiffany hugged the girl back.

“I better get going now unnie. Thank you again.”

“Okay then. You take care Tiffany.”

“Yes unnie. Thank you. Best wishes to you and oppa.” Tiffany smiled and left the house.

***

The girls were enjoying an afternoon chat at a cozy café of the resort. Jessica’s back was facing the door while Taeyeon sat in front of her.

“Sica!” Everyone turned their heads at the person who just entered the café with a wide smile and was approaching their table.

“Yuri?” Jessica stood up.

“Surprise!” Yuri hugged Jessica while smiling widely.

“What---how? When did you arrive? Why didn’t you tell me!” Jessica was clearly surprised at Yuri’s arrival.

“I was about to text you but then I thought of surprising you so I asked Yoong about the directions and requested her not to tell you I’m coming.” Yuri grinned and glanced over to Yoona who was also grinning. Both girls gave each other a thumbs up of a job well done.

“Hmff!” Yuri earned a hit on the arm from the pouting Jessica.

Yuri just laughed at it.

“Uheerm!” Sooyoung faked a cough. Which successfully interrupted Jessica and Yuri.

“Oh sorry.” Jessica then faced their table while holding Yuri’s arm.

“Everyone, this is Kwon Yuri. And Yuri, these are my friends. Sunny, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Yoona whom you know already, and… Taeyeon.” Jessica slowly removed her hold from Yuri upon the mention of the last person.

“I’m Yuri. Nice to meet you.” Yuri smiled and politely bowed.

Everyone also smiled back and bowed.

“Yuri, would you mind if we drop the formalities? We can all be friends here.” Hyoyeon spoke still smiling.

“Oh no no. Not at all.” Yuri smiled back.

“Good to hear then.”

“Yuri unnie you can seat here beside Sica unnie. I’ll get an extra chair.” Seohyun stood up and took an empty chair from a nearby table.

“Ohh thank you Seohyun.” Yuri warmly smiled but also wore a questioning look.

“She’s the maknae.” Sooyoung answered her thoughts.

“Ahh.” Yuri smiled again.

“So Yuri, how are you related to our ice princess?” Sooyoung curiously asked. She already had an idea but she still wasn’t sure. Yes she has heard the news about the engagement but she wasn’t able to put a face on the name.

Yuri hesitated for a moment before answering. The quiet girl in front of her and Jessica is making her feel awkward talking about the topic.

“I---uhhh…I’m her fiancée.” Yuri carefully spoke. She was glancing at Sooyoung while answering but on her peripheral view she could also see Taeyeon.

“Really? Wow unnie. Congratulations then.” Seohyun excitedly greeted.

“Tha--thank you.” Yuri shyly smiled at the innocent maknae.

The rest of the afternoon was spent chatting and getting to know Yuri.

***

The rest of the girls were standing on the doorway waiting for Yuri and Jessica. Yuri excused herself for the comfort room while Jessica accompanied her fiancé.

“Taetae!”

Yuri and Jessica happened to come out of the comfort room and heard the loud voice. Both turned towards the source of the voice.

“Fany?” Taeyeon was suprised when Tiffany entered the café and hugged her.

“Hi!” Tiffany excitedly chirped while eyes forming into crescent moons.

“Surprise!” Tiffany chirped again after breaking the hug. Excitement clearly visible.

“How did you get here? You just arrived?” Taeyeon still couldn’t believe her eyes.

“I asked Yoong for directions. I wanted to surprise you so I warned her not to tell you.” Tiffany grinned.

Yoona gave Taeyeon a sheepish grin.

“Tiff?!” Both Taeyeon and Tiffany were startled.

“Jessi?!” Tiffany glanced at the approaching girl from behind Taeyeon.

“Jessi!” Tiffany gave Jessica a hug the moment the girl reached them.

“Tiff!” Jessica returned the hug.

“They know each other?” Sooyoung whispered.

“They happen to be cousins unnie.” Yoona also whispered.

“Wow. Such genes.” Hyoyeon whispered and tilted her head.

“Yeah. You tell me.” Sooyoung retorted.

But Sunny had other thoughts in mind. She silently observed the two. Such a mall world.

After Jessica and Tiffany broke the hug, Tiffany noticed the figure standing not too far from them and who was quietly observing them. Yuri.

“Uhh… Sica unnie, Taeyeon unnie, I have already asked appa for an extra room. You can decide who will transfer to the other room.” Yoona spoke.

Both Yuri and Tiffany turned to look at Jessica and Taeyeon.

But Jessica and Taeyeon avoided eye contact from them.

“I’ll transfer.” Taeyeon spoke first.

Jessica gave her a questioning look.

“I have fewer things. It’s easier for me to transfer to another room.” Taeyeon answered.

“Ohh. Okay.” Jessica nodded.

“Okay then. Taeyeon unnie, Tiffany unnie, you can follow me I’ll take you to your room. And Yuri unnie, you can room with Sica unnie.” Yoona explained.

“O—okay Yoong. Thank you.” Yuri hesitantly answered.

***

“I’m sorry Yuri-ah.” Jessica spoke softly. They were now alone on their room and Yuri was unpacking her stuff.

“Huh?” Yuri glanced over at Jessica who was sitting on the bed.

“Sorry I didn’t tell you that Taeyeon is also here. I just didn’t want you to worry.” Jessica hung her head low. She just felt like explaining to the tanned girl. She knew Yuri was surprised when she introduced Taeyeon back there at the café.

“Ah. It’s okay Sica. I know you meant no harm. And uhhh I also have something to tell you.” Yuri hesitantly continued.

“Hmmm?”

“Uhhh… Tiffany was there at Mr. Park’s rest house. Mr. Park’s niece was having her wedding there the next day and Tiffany happened to be the event organizer. And his niece happened to be a friend of mine back in college so she asked me to stay for her wedding. I didn’t tell you earlier because I didn’t want you to worry about me and ruin your vacation here.” Yuri gave Jessica an apologetic look.

“----”

“And I didn’t know she was also coming here after the wedding.”

Jessica nodded. “It’s okay Yuri-ah. We had the same concern that’s why we didn’t tell each other about it.”

“Y-yeah. I think so.” Yuri continued her unpacking while Jessica watched.

“Sica…can I ask you something?” Yuri paused and hesitantly spoke.

“Sure.”

“You roomed together with Taeyeon?” It was a question that Yuri had been holding from the moment she heard that Taeyeon and Jessica shared the same room.

Jessica blinked. She was taken aback with the question.

“Uhhh…The girls have chosen their rooms first and we were the only ones left so we ended up sharing a room together.” Jessica hesitantly and carefully explained.

“Ahhh.” Yuri muttered.

An awkward silence then filled the room while Yuri continued unpacking.

***

“Fany-ah, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you that your cousin is here.” Taeyeon and Tiffany were unpacking their stuff into their new room.

“I didn’t want you to worry about me and to bother you from work so I didn’t tell about it earlier.” Taeyeon continued.

“It’s okay Taetae. I also thought the same that’s why I didn’t tell you that Yuri was also there at Soyeon unnie’s wedding.”

“She was there?” Taeyeon’s head perked up and glanced at Tiffany.

“Y—yeah. She had some business deal with Soyeon unnie’s uncle. And she happened to be friends with unnie so she invited her to attend her wedding.” Tiffany paused what she’s doing and glanced over at Taeyeon’s direction.

“Oh.”

“Hmmm…Taetae?”

“Yes?”

“How did you end up sharing a room with Jessi?” Tiffany curiously asked.

Taeyeon hesitated for a while before answering.

“Uhhh…The girls chose their rooms first and we were the only ones left so we ended up sharing a room.” 

“Ahhh.”

“Do the girls know about your past with Jessi?”

“Only Sooyoung, Yoona and Sunny know. Hyoyeon and Seohyun don’t have any idea.”

Tiffany only nodded.

The two continued their unpacking in silence.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! The four of them have finally come face to face. What do you think would happen next? :D

Should Taengsic and Yulti have another chance? or should Taeny and Yulsic give a shot for a new love? What do you think?

Your comments and suggestions would greatly influence my decision on which pair to end up with. I haven't decided for myself yet. T___T

Defend your otp well! ;)))