Chapter 33

Trouble

Yuri kept pacing back and forth on the tiled office floor of Mr. Jung’s office. Jessica on the other hand sat crossed legs on one of the chairs around the coffee table. After the brave confessions from Taeyeon and Tiffany at Sunny’s rest house, Jessica and Yuri have decided that it’s now time for them to do their part. To tell their fathers that there would be no more wedding happening.

Finally, the office door opened and came in Mr. Jung followed by Mr. Kwon.

“So what brings you young ladies here? Got updates for the wedding?” Mr. Jung addressed the two after sitting down.

“Oh. Sounds good. I’m excited.” Mr. Kwon flashed a smile.

Yuri shot Jessica a look insisting the girl to talk first. She kept fidgeting on her chair.

Jessica uncrossed her legs, straightened up on her seat and took a deep breath. “Dad, Mr. Kwon, we would like to cancel the wedding.”

Yuri caught her breath. The bomb has been finally dropped. She looked at the two old men sitting in front of them. The two men was obviously shocked with what they just heard. Their eyes kept on shifting between Jessica and her.

Mr. Jung cleared his throat. “Can you elaborate further?”

“I thought we have talked about this a year ago?” Mr. Kwon gave them a puzzled look.

“Dad, do you know who Yuri’s ex-girlfriend is?”

Mr. Jung shook his head.

Jessica took another deep breath. “Miyoung is her ex-girlfriend dad. Tiffany Hwang Miyoung.” She looked straight at his father’s eyes.

Another dead silence.

“You know Tiffany, Henry?” Mr. Kwon gave Mr. Jung a confused look.

Mr. Jung was silent for another minute. He just stared at Mr. Kwon.

“Sh---she’s my niece. Hwang Miyoung or Tiffany as most of you call her, is my niece. Daughter of my younger sister.”

Mr. Kwon’s eyes widened. He opened his mouth but closed it again.

“I believe you wouldn’t dare lay a finger on your own blood.” It was rather a statement than an inquiry. Mr. Kwon rested his back on the backrest and sighed.

Mr. Jung slowly nodded.

“I understand.” Mr. Kwon weakly nodded.

“Look, Mr. Kwon, your daughter is a good person.” Jessica started off.

“I am?”

Jessica glanced at the girl beside her and rolled her eyes before continuing. “And she’s fun to be with. I like her.”

“You do?” Yuri’s eyes widened.

Jessica shot her a glare to shut up and stop interrupting her. Yuri responded with a pout being reprimanded by the ice princess.

“But only as a friend. I am in love with someone else Mr. Kwon. And given the circumstances, which leads me now to having a choice, I’d like to be with the person I love. I’m sorry Mr. Kwon. And I’m so sorry daddy.” Jessica’s eyes were b with tears.

After a while of silence, Yuri cleared . “Mr. Jung, your daughter is stubborn and bossy---” She was interrupted when Jessica elbowed and glared at her.

“And she’s physically abusive.” Yuri grinned. “But aside from that, your daughter is sweet and caring. She is also thoughtful and is selfless. But I am madly in love with your niece Mr. Jung. And she’s the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I’m sorry Mr. Jung. I’m so sorry appa.” Yuri gave both men an apologetic look.

Another dead silence passed before Mr. Kwon finally spoke. “So…meaning this Tiffany has half the Jung’s blood running on her system…”

Mr. Jung glanced at his best friend. He nodded and weakly smiled.

“That’ll do better than nothing.” Mr. Kwon shrugged while wearing a small smile.

“You sure?”

“Well, you wouldn’t lay a finger on her. Would you Henry?”

Mr. Jung shook his head.

“Then that leaves us with no choice. And I think one year of making them try is already enough.” Mr. Kwon heaved a sigh.

Mr. Jung nodded in return while giving his best buddy an apologetic look.

Jessica and Yuri stared at the two old men. Not too sure of what to do next.

Mr. Kwon then turned to face Yuri. “You said you want to spend the rest of your life with this Tiffany. Have you already asked her?”

“H--huh?” Yuri was taken aback with her father’s question.

“Well, you can’t just spend the rest of your life with someone without their consent. You have to ask to marry them first.” Mr. Kwon shrugged.

“I wonder if my daughter will do the asking or she’ll wait for her girlfriend to do it.” Mr. Jung held his chin.

Jessica and Yuri gave each other a puzzled look. Both have their own assumptions but are too afraid to keep their hopes up.

Mr. Jung finally turned to face Jessica. “Kim Taeyeon. That’s her name right?”

Jessica slowly nodded.

“Hmmm… Would you wait for her to ask you or would you do the first move and ask her to marry you?”

Jessica’s brows furrowed while her cheeks turned red. The thought has not crossed her mind yet. Everything was too fast and she was still in cloud nine being back with Taeyeon again.

Mr. Jung raised an eyebrow. “I think my daughter wouldn’t want to make the first move.”

“Yeah I also think so.” Mr. Kwon nodded in agreement.

Jessica’s cheeks burned even more with embarrassment. The old men were talking about her like she wasn’t present there at the room.

Yuri cleared . “Uhh…appa…Mr. Jung… Can we cancel the wedding now?”

The two men glanced at each other then to the two girls in front of them.

“Suit yourself. Just be sure Tiffany says yes.” Mr. Kwon shrugged then winked at Yuri.

Yuri immediately stood up and hugged her father. “Thank you so much appa! Thank you! Thank you! I promise she wouldn’t have any reason to say no.” Yuri blabbered while hugging tightly her father.

Jessica also stood up and lunged herself to her father. “Thank you daddy! You don’t know how much this means to me.” Jessica sobbed on her father’s shoulder.

“Susshh…I’m sorry for making you go through all these Sooyeon-ah. Your uncle Jin and I are really sorry.” Mr. Jung his daughter’s back.

Jessica shook her head. “It’s okay daddy. If it weren’t for that I wouldn’t have known how important Taeyeon is to me. I wouldn’t have known how much I’m willing to give just for her.” She continued on sobbing while Mr. Jung kept on her back.

“I’m sorry Yul for forcing you into this. We are terribly sorry. We’ve been such immature fathers.” Mr. Kwon held her daughter tight.

“It’s okay appa. I wouldn’t have known how much Tiffany means to me if she wasn’t taken away from me. Now I’m more than sure how I feel for her. I have never been this sure in my life appa.” Yuri was also tearing up. One year being away with Tiffany made her realize a lot of things. Things that she didn’t know she was capable of feeling and doing.

***

“Hello?” Yuri was surprised to see Taeyeon’s name on the caller ID.

“Hello Yuri?”

“Yep. What’s up Taeng?”

“Uhh…Aside from talking with your dads about cancelling the wedding and aside from them agreeing with you, did you talk something else?”

Taeyeon heard the other line go quiet for a while.

“Well, we asked them to cancel the wedding in which they surprisingly agreed with no too much drama. Then I told them I wanted to marry Tiffany---which by the way you’re not allowed to tell her about it because I haven’t asked her yet---then they teased Sica if she would also be the one to ask you or would she be the type to wait to be asked and then that’s it. That’s basically all it. Why? Is there something wrong?”

“Ah I see. No nothing’s wrong. Just wondering how did the talk go.”

“Oh okay. Is that it?”

“Yep. Thanks Yuri.”

“Okay sure. Bye.”

“Bye.” Taeyeon hung up with a smirk plastered on her face. Now I know why you’ve been acting weird the past few days Jung Sooyeon.

***

Tiffany was surprised to receive a call from Yuri that morning. She has just finished a long hot shower and has just changed into some comfy clothes.

“Yuri? I thought you had a meeting that’s why you left early?” Tiffany was puzzled while answering the call.

“I do. But I thought of doing something more productive so I made a detour. Now look outside the window please.”

“Which window?”

“I assume you’re inside our bedroom. That window.”

Tiffany slowly made her way towards the window and looked down. There she saw the tanned girl in a leather jacket sitting on a motorbike while holding a helmet on one hand and the phone on the other hand.

“y.” Tiffany blurted out which earned a grin from the other girl which was now looking up at her.

“Why thank you.” Yuri grinned even wider.

Tiffany laughed at the response. “Okay so what’s with the outfit? Where are you going?”

“Where are we going. Dress up. I’ll wait for you here. I’d like to show you something.”

“Why don’t you just come up and wait for me here?” Tiffany wasn’t sure if Yuri could see her puzzled look from over where the girl was standing.

“We might not be able to leave soon if I wait there and watch you change clothes.”

“ert.”

“I didn’t say anything.” Yuri chuckled.

“I know what you were implying Kwon Yuri.”

Yuri gave a hearty laugh before speaking again. “Okay now sweetie. Go ahead and dress up before I change my mind and come up there.”

“See? .” Tiffany was wearing a bright smile before she hung up and waved at Yuri to wait for her.

*

“Now that’s y.” Yuri smirked when Tiffany reached where she was waiting with her motorbike.

Tiffany was wearing a black leather jacket with a white V-neck shirt under and a dark blue jeans fitting her hips perfectly.

“Not just a . But also a smooth talker.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

Yuri chuckled and gently placed the helmet on Tiffany’s head.

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” Yuri gave her a peck on the lips after adjusting the helmet’s strap.

*

Yuri’s face could be ripped into two with the way she was smiling while driving the motorbike. Add the warm hands wrapped around her waist and the warm body pressed against her back, she was in cloud nine. Yuri couldn’t ask for nothing more. Tiffany. She is finally with Tiffany. Her heart began racing as they were nearing their destination.

Yuri’s hands were sweating and her heart was thumping loudly against her chest while she held Tiffany’s hand.

“Yuri…where are we? The owner might be mad. This is trespassing.” Tiffany was nervous while the girl held her hand and pulled her inside an empty house.

“No she won’t.” Yuri gave her a reassuring smile.

“She? You know the owner?”

“Kinda. Sorta. Something like that.” Yuri grinned pulling her inside the house.

Yuri finally let go of the other girl’s hand. Tiffany slowly made her way around the empty space. She looked outside the window then into the balcony while Yuri followed her silently.

“This…Isn’t this the house we saw at the magazine a year ago?”

“Uhh. Yes it is.”

“It’s still not sold?”

“It’s been sold already.”

“Ah.” Tiffany slowly nodded though her brows were furrowed. If it’s sold, then why is still empty?

Yuri slowly made her way towards Tiffany and stopped just a few steps right in front of her. She slowly took a paper from her pocket and gave it to Tiffany. Her heart kept on thumping louder against her chest.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. She hesitantly took the paper and read it. Her eyes widened after reading it.

“Y---you bought this house? A--a year ago?”

Yuri took a deep breath. She could feel the blood running through her veins have gone cold. She was as nervous as hell right at that moment. She took another deep breath.

“Uhh…yeah. I bought it. But a lot of things happened before I got the chance to---to tell you.” Yuri kept fidgeting on the hem of her leather jacket.

Tiffany slowly nodded and gave the paper back to Yuri. Then she saw Yuri take something from her other pocket. Keys?

“Uhh…I’ve made two sets of keys for all the doors of this house.” Yuri tried to smile but it came out crooked and awkward. Her left hand was holding the paper while her right hand was holding the keys.

“Uhhh….Fany-ah. C---could you take the last thing on the b—back pocket of my pants?” Yuri could swear her legs have become jelly from being nervous that time.

Tiffany raised an eyebrow and smirked. “You are such a ert.” She chuckled. But her smile immediately left when she realized what the thing on Yuri’s back pocket was. Her hand was trembling while she held it in front of them. Ring?

Yuri tossed aside the paper and the keys. She gently took the ring from Tiffany’s hands. She took another deep breath before finally looking straight at the girl’s eyes.

“W--would you like to spend the rest of your life here…with me Fany-ah? Will you marry me?” Yuri caught her breath. Her heart have gone to full speed beating against her chest.

Tiffany gasped. She stared at the taller girl in front of her. She could see Yuri’s trembling hands while holding the ring in front of her. She could see the beads of sweat forming unto the girl’s forehead and trickling down her check and to her neck. Tiffany couldn’t fight the tears that were breaming on her eyes. She lunged herself and hugged tightly the obviously nervous girl.

Yuri was caught off guard with the forceful hug. Then she heard the sobs from the other girl. She instinctively Tiffany’s back. “Hey…Why are you crying? Should I be worried? Is that a yes or a no?” She tried to crack a joke though her heart kept beating faster.

 “Can I say yes to the house only?” Tiffany chuckled and pulled away.

“Hey that’s mean!” Yuri protested. Which was responded with two crescent moons forming from the other girl’s eyes.

“It’s been over a year since you bought this house. How come it’s still empty? No furniture or something?” Tiffany let her eyes roam again around the room. Then she felt Yuri walk behind her and hugged her from the back.

“I intentionally bought it for you. It seemed like your dream house. The way your eyes twinkled when we looked at the magazine and the way you complimented the works and the features of the house, I know you really liked it. But then after I have finally bought it a lot of stuff happened even before I could tell you I bought it. When we broke up I thought of selling it…but I don’t know. I just couldn’t bring myself to sell it. So I hired someone to just maintain it. I wanted to put in stuff here and make it like a real home but it seemed empty. It would only remain as just a house and never a home without you.” Yuri rested her chin on Tiffany’s shoulder. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the warm feeling having the girl on her arms again. She felt calm. She’s home now.

“I’m glad you didn’t sell it. I would love to live here for the rest of my life.” Tiffany slowly turned around to face Yuri who never removed her arms from the girl’s waist.

“I would love to make this OUR HOME. And I want to make it our home for the rest of our lives.” Tiffany leaned in and gently kissed the taller girl.

“I—is that a yes?”

“How would I make it our home if it’s a no?” Tiffany was finding the puzzled Yuri an adorable sight.

“I---I don’t know. Can’t you just say yes? I really want to hear a yes. Please say yes?”

“Depends.” Tiffany shrugged.

“What?! You are ruining the moment don’t you know that?” Yuri protested.

Tiffany chuckled. Obviously liking the response she’s been getting from the taller girl.

“Well, you only happen to be cheesy and sweet oftentimes so I’m making the best of it.”

Yuri sulked. This wasn’t turning out the way she planned. She was hoping for a loud and happy yes with a tight hug and a long passionate kiss.

“I wish I was drunk. Maybe I could have been cheesy or sweet enough for you to say yes.” Yuri pouted.

Tiffany tried to maintain a straight face but terribly failed. She burst out laughing at the sulking girl.

“It’s not funny. I was expecting for a loud and happy yes and a tight hug then a long passionate kiss----”

Yuri was cut off with Tiffany’s lips on hers.

“Sometimes you whine too much.” Tiffany grinned after she pulled back from the kiss.

Yuri was about to protest again when she felt Tiffany engulf her into a tight hug. “I—I can’t breathe…”

“Oh sorry. It’s my way of expressing my happy and loud YES Kwon Yuri. YES!” Tiffany grinned.

“Really?”

“God you’re such a pabo. Can you just stop talking and kiss me?” Tiffany rolled her eyes after she pulled away from the hug. She was startled when Yuri pulled her again and kissed her until she was out of breath.

Yuri was smiling from ear to ear after she pulled away from the kiss.

***

 

When Jessica opened the apartment door it was dark and quiet inside. She was about to turn on the switch when suddenly she saw small lamps scattered around the apartment lit up. She raised an eyebrow. She was about to slip into her slippers after removing her shoes when she found a note beside her slippers.

FEET

I like the sound of your feet shuffling against the floor of the house. Especially when you’re still groggy.

I find it funny and adorable with the way your feet turns outwards when you walk. Sergeant Sica. :p

Jessica smiled and pouted after reading the first note. She then made her way towards the second lamp. She saw eyeglasses resting on the table with a not beside it.

EYES

Your eyes are really gentle. But your glares aren’t. But I’ve learned to love the way you glare eventually. It would always remind of our first meeting back in college. You were still wearing eyeglasses and I happened to bump into you on the school’s cafeteria. You were so scary. Your glare pierced through the glass of your eyewear.

Jessica chuckled after reading the note. Then she saw another lit lamp on the coffee table. She saw tissue paper and a note beside it.

NOSE

Remember the time you had your allergies? You had an exam later that day so you still had to go to school. Everyone teased you that you look liked Rudolph. Your nose was so red that day because of the allergies and the cold you had. But I bet you would be the cutest Rudolph I have ever seen. It was really a cute sight. I have started to find you prettier and more adorable than I usually did. I was starting to feel something weird inside me.

Jessica crinkled her nose at the memory. She felt her cheeks warming up. Then she saw another lamp on the countertop. She saw earrings and a note beside it.

EARS

I remember the day we stayed at Sooyoung’s apartment to spend the weekend. I accidentally touched the hot kettle’s surface. You immediately took my hands and placed it on your ears. You said the ears are a lot cooler than any parts of the body. It was true. I didn’t feel the stinging pain on my hands. But I could feel the burning of cheeks. We were standing so close with each other that time. I remember my heart beating faster than usual that time. And I didn’t know why.

Jessica was wearing a bright smile while remembering the incident. So you started having feelings for me that early huh? Then she saw another lamp just outside their bedroom door. She made her way there and saw another note lying on top of the lamp. When she opened it she raised an eyebrow.

HANDS

That’s it. Just the word and nothing else. She turned it but found nothing at the back of the paper. Then she felt a hand hold unto hers. She saw Taeyeon standing beside her and motioned for her to follow.

Taeyeon pulled her towards the balcony. Jessica saw the shorter girl lock the glass door before turning again to her with a toothy grin.

“Cheesy as ever.” Jessica beamed a smile when Taeyeon returned and stood in front of her.

Taeyeon grinned showing her little dimple just below her lips. She took a deep breath before locking gaze with the smiling Jessica. She has done this before but she could still feel her heart thumping hard against her chest. She wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans. She kept taking in deep breaths trying to calm herself.

Jessica noticed the fidgety shorter girl. “Hey…you okay?” Concern was obvious on her face.

Taeyeon quickly nodded and gave her a reassuring smile. She took another deep breath before speaking.

“Uhh…HANDS. I like the way your fingers fit into the spaces between my fingers.” Taeyeon could feel her cheeks burning while she intertwined their hands together.

Jessica’s face turned red. “You really are cheesy Taengoo.” She pinched the shorter girl’s cheeks.

Taeyeon gave a crooked smile. Her knees have gone weak and she wasn’t sure if she could still do what she was about to do. She felt nauseous due to nervousness. But then she saw the smiling Jessica in front of her. God. She’d give everything she could just to see the same smile on every waking moment of her life. Taeyeon gulped. She closed her eyes and took another deep breath.

“I---I wanted to bring you Polaris but I know I couldn’t” Taeyeon nervously chuckled.

Jessica also chuckled at the silly remark.

“B---but I have something that also shines brightly.” Taeyeon then slowly lifted her hand holding a ring.

Jessica caught her breath while staring at the nervous girl.

“I—uhh…Would you…Could you…Oh God…I’m so bad at this….” Taeyeon slumped her shoulders and looked down. When she glanced up she saw Jessica wide eyed staring back at her.

Taeyeon took another deep breath. “M---marry me this time? Please?”

Taeyeon could feel her eyes twitching with each passing silent moment. Then she saw a smirk form unto the other girl’s lips.

“Is that why you locked the door?”

“Uhh…well…” Taeyeon scratched her head. “I uhh…well…just a precautionary measure. Just in case you run away again.” Taeyeon grinned.

Jessica pulled the shorter girl into a tight hug. “Pabo! Do you think I would still run away this time? I hate you!” She was sobbing hard. She felt guilty running away the first time Taeyeon proposed to her. And she felt really happy having the opportunity of receiving the same proposal again from the same girl.

“Just making sure.” Taeyeon chuckled enjoying the warm feeling from the tight embrace. She kept on the girl’s back. “You’re such a cry baby.”

Jessica pulled away and slapped the other girl’s arm. Taeyeon flinched and her eyes widened when the ring accidentally slipped from her hand. She immediately kneeled down and looked for it.

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Where is it? You haven’t said yes yet!” Taeyeon panicked while she searched for the ring on the tiled floor.

“Looking for this?” Jessica wore a victorious smile while holding the lost ring.

Taeyeon immediately stood up. Relief washed over her after seeing the ring again. “Good thing you found it. Whew.”

Jessica handed the ring back to Taeyeon. “Do it again.”

“H—huh?”

“Propose to me again.”

“B—but…”

“You said it yourself. I haven’t said yes yet.” Jessica ushered for the shorter girl to accept the ring. She tried to keep a straight face hiding her smile.

Taeyeon hesitantly took the ring and looked at the girl in front of her. She seems really serious. Taeyeon gulped. For the record, she will be proposing to the same girl, thrice in a row.

Taeyeon took a deep breath before kneeling down. “Jessica Jung Sooyeon, would you want to spend the rest of your life with me? Marry me this time? Please?”

“You really are so cute when you’re nervous.” Jessica giggled. “Yes! Yes of course!”

Taeyeon immediately stood up and smiled from ear to ear. “R—really?”

Jessica nodded wearing the same wide smile as Taeyeon’s.

Taeyeon was still trembling when she inserted the ring on the girl’s finger. She chuckled at her own clumsiness.

After the ring was successfully slid unto her finger Jessica took a step forward and cupped the shorter girl’s face. “You really at confessions.” She giggled and leaned in to kiss the nervous girl.

After pulling away Taeyeon wore a toothy grin. “Good thing I only have to propose thrice.”

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Taengsic and Yulti, sealed with a kiss. ;)))