Chapter 6

Trouble

“We’re you really serious about the pretense girlfriend thing?” Taeyeon brought up the topic again the next morning while they were having breakfast.

“Y-yes. I’ve actually thought about it last night. It could be a win-win situation for both of us you know.” Tiffany said confidently. Feeling quite proud of her plan.

“And how so? How would it benefit me?” challenged Taeyeon with arched brows.

“Well, you said your ex-girlfriend is coming back to Korea right? So, if she finds out that you already have a new girlfriend and not just an ordinary girl but an awesome and beautiful one, then she wouldn’t think of you as the-loser-ex-girlfriend-who-lost-everything-after-breakup type. Plus, she might even regret it. You ended up with someone so much prettier.” Tiffany flashed her eyesmile and flipped her hair.

Taeyeon cringed at what Tiffany just did. But later on her expression changed. Contemplating on what the other girl just stated. Yes it was no doubt that Tiffany is pretty in a unique way. But she wasn’t convinced that she’s prettier than Jessica. To her, Jessica was her world. The prettiest girl in her eyes.

A deep sigh escaped Taeyeon’s lips. Tiffany was right. It could be a win-win situation for both of them. They would both end up not being the-loser-ex-girlfriend-who-lost-everything-after-breakup type. Her brows furrowed. Trying to weigh things.

“So?” Tiffany interrupted Taeyeon’s thought. She was being impatient observing the ever changing expressions on Taeyeon’s face. Besides, being her girlfriend isn’t that bad. What takes the other girl too long to decide?

“Okay. Let’s do it.” Taeyeon finally agreed on the other girl’s plan.

“So what should we do next? How do we convince the people around us that we are a couple?” Taeyeon made an invisible quotation marks on the word “couple”.

“Well, that’s quite simple. We call our friends and tell them they were right all along. They’ve been teasing us for quite some time now, so all we have to do now is to confirm their suspicion.”

“Ohh. Okay. But do you think we can convince them? I mean, don’t you think any of them would suspect that we are just acting?”

“No one would suspect if you don’t make it too obvious that you’re just acting. And besides, they’ve been dying for us to be together, I think they would be more than happy if we tell them that we are together now.” Tiffany added confidently.

“Hmmm.” Taeyeon nodded in affirmation.

“And there’s one more thing…” Tiffany added but a bit more hesitant about it this time.

“What? What is it?” Taeyeon could sense it’s something because the confidence in Tiffany’s voice faltered.

“One of us---sh---should move in. We should live together now.” Tiffany’s cheeks wore a shade of pink now.

“What?! Why?! Is that really necessary?! I mean, yeah we’ve been spending some time on each other’s apartment but moving in… it’s…it’s another thing. It’s a different thing.” Taeyeon couldn’t also hide the shade of pink creeping on her cheeks.

 “I know. But if we move in together, it would be more convincing. No one would ever get to suspect the truth about us even if our actions wouldn’t say much about us being a couple. And---and my ex-girlfriend knows that once I decide to move in with someone it only means I’m being serious with this one. Sh---she knows me too well.” Tiffany hesitantly added the last part.

Taeyeon could only sigh. And sigh. She tried to digest everything the other girl is trying to convey. Though, she must admit if they move in together it would be more convincing to everyone around them. Then she thought of Tiffany’s ex-lover. And hers. Jessica. We only have each other now Fany-ah. I’m not going to let you carry your baggage alone. You’ve helped me carry mine, I’m now returning the favor. We can do this Fany-ah.

“Okay then. Move in with me. I’ll drive you everyday to your office. And get you after work.” Taeyeon smiled sincerely on the girl across her. She’s determined to help herself getup from where she was sank and more than willing to also help Tiffany lift herself up from where the other girl was stuck.

“Rrr---really? You sure about it?” Tiffany was still hesitant.

“Yes. I’m sure about it.” Taeyeon gave her a reassuring smile.

“You want me to change my mind?” Taeyeon snickered.

“Wh—of course not!” Tiffany quickly retorted. Earning a chuckle from Taeyeon.

“So when do you plan to move in? You have quite a lot of stuff you know.”

“Wait, why should it be me who has to move in with you and not the other way around?” Tiffany just realized the situation.

“Because my place is bigger. And I can’t stand the all too much pink in your apartment.” Taeyeon smugly stated.

“Hey pink is nice! Though yes your place is bigger so I agree with that one. But uhmmm…”

“What?”

“Can I paint my room pink? And add some pink stuff on your apartment?” Tiffany pleaded with a pout.

Damn this girl. She knows too well how to use her charms.

“Fine. But only you’re room. And only a FEW pink stuff around the apartment. F-E-W. Get it?”

“Yes! Yes!” Tiffany answered excitedly.