Chapter 24

Trouble

Yuri has been distracted for the past few days. Tiffany would often catch the girl staring at her or just zoning out. After their meetings Yuri would often just sit back unto her swivel chair staring blankly out the window. During lunch breaks Yuri would join the team but wouldn’t enthusiastically join the conversation. Tiffany wanted to ask but she didn’t want to be nosy so she just silently observed the other girl in worry. She knew it that whenever Yuri acts this way there is something big that’s bothering the girl.

*

Taeyeon on the other hand was nowhere different from Yuri. She has been distracted lately. Jessica would often catch the girl stealing glances at her or just staring at nowhere in particular. Jessica wanted to ask but she held her tongue. Maybe just a couple problem with Fany, Jessica would often tell herself.

***

Yuri was smiling while observing Krystal excitedly checking the package Jessica has sent for her. It was a souvenir they both bought for the younger girl from the ski resort. They were supposed to give it together but Jessica had an urgent meeting so Yuri came alone to meet Krystal at a café.

“Wow Yuri unnie! It’s so pretty! I wish I could also go there.” Krystal was smiling brightly.

“Let’s go there together some time. When your Sica unnie and I aren’t busy anymore.”

“Really?!”

“Promise.” Yuri was still smiling. Enjoying the cute sight in front of her.

“Yuri unnie jjang!” Krystal held up a fist which earned a hearty laugh from the tanned girl.

“So how’s school going?”

“Not bad. I can’t wait to graduate and travel the world.” Krystal chirped and clasp her hand.

Yuri chuckled.

“How are you and Sica unnie?”

Yuri’s expression slightly fell which didn’t go unnoticed by the younger girl.

“Is there something wrong Yuri unnie?” Krystal was filled with worry.

Yuri hesitated for a while before speaking.

“Hmmm…Krystal, if I tell you things, can you promise not to tell a single soul? Even to your Sica unnie?”

Krystal was silent for a moment.

“I promise Yuri unnie.” Krystal then made a cross mark above her heart locking her promise.

Yuri eyed the younger girl for a while.

“What do you think of me Krystal?”

“Huh?” Krystal was taken aback at the inquiry.

“Do you think I’m a good unnie?”

“Of course. You’re a good unnie. You’re caring and thoughtful. And sweet. Though you show it by being playful.” Krystal grinned.

Yuri smiled at the little discovery.

“How about your Taeyeon unnie, was she a good unnie also?”

Krystal stared at her for a moment.

“Hmmm…Taeyeon unnie was also a good unnie. She was thoughtful, caring and also playful like you.”

Yuri nodded. She hesitated for a while before continuing.

“D---do you think Jessica still has feelings for--- for her?”

“I—I don’t really know about that. Sica unnie and I haven’t talked for some time. We haven’t talked about it. Although the last thing I heard was that Taeyeon unnie has a girlfriend already, Tiffany unnie. I was more surprised that Tiffany unnie also swings that way.” Krystal tilted her head.

“She does.” Yuri blurted out unintentionally.

“You know her unnie?” Krystal raised an eyebrow.

Yuri took a deep breath.

“Tiffany… was my ex-girlfriend.” Yuri stated in a rather lower tone.

Krystal’s eyes widened. Shock evident on her pretty face.

Yuri avoided the younger girl’s gaze. It was making her more uneasy and nervous.

“Yuri unnie, tell me honestly. Do you still love Tiffany unnie?”

Yuri fell silent.

“I---I don’t know.”

Krystal held her chin.

“If Tiffany unnie is your ex-girlfriend, meaning dad and his best friend couldn’t continue to threaten you and Sica unnie of doing something bad to your lovers if you refuse to go with the arranged marriage. I believe dad wouldn’t lay a finger on Tiffany unnie. Blood would always be thicker than water. No matter what pact or whatever he had with his best friend.” Krystal was thinking out loud while staring at her iced coffee.

Then her eyes shot back at Yuri.

“Oh my god!” Krystal’s eyes widened.

“You’re confused of either getting back with Tiffany unnie or staying with Sica unnie! Because you’re starting to have feelings for Sica unnie!”

Yuri fell silent and avoided Krystal’s accusing eyes.

“I’m right aren’t I? I’m right Yuri unnie?!” Krystal’s eyes never left Yuri.

Yuri slowly nodded.

“Daebak...” Krystal slumped back on her chair.

“But Tiffany unnie is already with Taeyeon unnie. If you choose to get her back, how would you do it?”

Yuri kept silent. She just stared at Krystal unsure of what to do with the situation.

***

Taeyeon was nervous while Sunny casually sips her milk tea across from her.

“So what is it?” Sunny didn’t need to beat around the bush. She knew something is up that’s why the older girl called to meet her.

Taeyeon kept mindlessly swirling her milk tea avoiding eye contact.

“Errr---Tiffany and I…. Fany and I aren’t really a couple.” Taeyeon finally said it. She expected a gasp or yelling from the girl but none came. When she glanced up Sunny was still casually sipping her milk tea with no signs of shock.

“I know.” The shorter girl nonchalantly spoke.

Taeyeon stared in disbelief.

“You know?!”

Sunny nodded.

“B—but how? We didn’t tell anyone.”

Sunny stopped sipping her milk tea and looked at Taeyeon.

“Come on. We were like married since high school and even roomed together in college. We only got divorced when Sica and you moved in together and I got roomed with the shikshin instead. I would know when it was you who farted or not.”

Taeyeon smiled understandingly at what the other girl meant.

“But why didn’t you say anything?”

Sunny sipped again her drink before speaking.

“Because I know you have your reasons. I know you wouldn’t do such thing if you don’t have a hell of a reason.”

Sunny eyed the other girl before continuing. “So, why now? Why suddenly tell me these things now?”

Taeyeon hesitated for a while. She took a deep breath. Then proceeded on telling everything to Sunny. Why Jessica and her broke up. About the arranged marriage. The apology Jessica made at the ski resort. And Tiffany being Yuri’s ex-girlfriend.

When Taeyeon was done talking, Sunny finally placed her drink on the table. She stared at Taeyeon for the longest time which made Taeyeon uneasy. She averted her eyes first.

She heard Sunny heaved a sigh and looked intently at her.

“Kim Taeyeon. Tell me honestly, do you still have feelings for Sica?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer. Then she saw Sunny’s eyes narrow down at her.

“You’re thinking of getting back with Sica. Aren’t you? But you’re confused whether to do it or not because truth be told, you’re starting to have feelings for Tiffany. Right?”

Taeyeon gently nodded.

“Do you think Sica still has feelings for you?”

“I---I don’t know.”

“Pabo! If you want to get back at her, at least make sure you’ll end up together this time. Because the moment you decide to choose her, there’s no turning back. No more Tiffany to catch you when you fall again.”

Taeyeon took a deep breath and slumped on her chair. Sunny was right. The moment she decides which one to choose, there’s no turning back.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yay! some brave souls are finally facing the long been denied feelings inside. ;)))

so what do you think would it be? Taeny & Yulsic? or Taengsic & Yulti?

i'm sorry if i will be disappointing some of you dear readers with the choice that i will be choosing.

honestly, i really appreciate your comments & i've taken into consideration everything that you had to say.

your comments helped me decide which pair to push through. :D