Chapter 3

Trouble

“Taetae watch it!” Tiffany kicked Taeyeon towards the other side of the living room.

“Ow! What was that for?!”

“Don’t ruin my carpet! I just bought it last week! Your popsicle is melting and dripping!”

“Oops. Sorry.” Taeyeon gave a sheepish smile.

“Hey! It wasn’t my fault that it’s too damned hot in here that my popsicle is melting fast!”

“Whether it’s your fault or not, it’s my house so I have the final say. Got it?”

“Fine. Fine. Jeez. No wonder your ex-girlfriend left you. You’re such a dictator!” Taeyeon was rubbing her from the kick it gained earlier.

“And no wonder your ex-girlfriend walked out on your life. It’s like raising a kid!” Tiffany retorted.

It has become quite comfortable to them to talk about their exes like it was just a normal thing to do or say. They would make fun about it and often tease each other with it. Although there are times wherein they would talk about it more seriously. Sometimes when the other seems upset about the same thing, the other would just be there to soothe the other. They have basically become each other’s refuge.

“Whatever!” Taeyeon scoffed then ran to the kitchen and washed her hands.

After a while she came back to the living room and made herself comfortable on the couch with Tiffany beside her watching TV.

“Can you please change the channel?” Taeyeon tried to snatch the remote from Tiffany’s hand.

“No! I like this! You buy your own tv!”

“You don’t even know how to cook noodles properly. Let alone bake? Stop fooling yourself Fany-ah. Stop watching Cupcake Wars. You wouldn’t make it even in your wildest dream.”

“Wha--- At least I’m trying to learn how to cook! And what do you want to watch anyway? Mr. Bean? How old exactly are you Kim Taeyeon?”

“Hey! It’s relaxing and funny! Relieves me from the stress of the day’s work.”

“It’s not even a working day today and you’re not even from work. So shut up Kim Taeyeon and just enjoy the show.” Tiffany snatched back the remote from Taeyeon’s hand.

“Dictator.” Taeyeon mumbled.

“I heard you.” Tiffany said without peeling her eyes from the TV screen.

During weekdays they would have meals together and on weekends it’s either Tiffany stays at Taeyeon’s apartment or the other way around. They have managed to let each other be a distraction from overthinking about their previous relationships. They enjoyed each other’s company and how they clicked. They often hear teasing from amongst their friends but they know it too well that they don’t feel that way about each other. They both know how each other stand on each other’s life.