Chapter 8

My husband, the babokwang!

#Yonghwa#

"Lia... Lia... Lia... Lia..."

I walked along the the corridor, looking into every door to find for a specific girl with long, beautiful, black hair. I almost missed her. I went right pass the room and had to backpaddle.

She was in one of the smaller rooms, strumming determinedly on her new electric guitar. There was just a way to how she played. As if nothing else mattered, like her life depended on it. Right now, with the way she was biting her lower lip, her hair tugged to one side, she looked like a goddess. I stood there, dumbfounded.

Playing alone wouldn't be fun now would it? Jamming would only be awesome when you were doing it in a group.

I tried her door, it wasn't locked. When I opened it, the sound of the electric guitar was at full volume. I flinched.

"Ya, kid! Oppa is here!" I yelled over the sound.

Her playing abruptly stopped and she jumped in her seat. She glared at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I told you. I want to jam with you. Why are you all alone, anyway? I thought you were with your friends."

"I don't have friends," she said curtly. And then, she seemed to think twice. "That jam."

"I play." I held up my guitar for her to see and took a seat.

She sighed. "You won't leave no matter what I do, will you?

"Nope," I said happily. Making myself comfortable with my guitar on my lap.

"I want to be alone."

I stopped tuning my guitar and stared at her. Her voice sounded wrong when she said that. Her voice sounded... broken.

Changing my mind, I hugged my guitar and faced her fully. Looking straight at her, pinning her with my intense gaze. My face was inches from hers. She jerked back a little.

"Tell me."

Her hazel eyes widened. "Tell y-you what?"

"What's bothering you. Tell me, Lia. Oppa'll be your listening ear."

She snorted beautifully- that was so unfair by the way. "You won't be able to take it."

I raised a brow, still not budging. "Try me."

She looked at me thoughtfully. I held her gaze as long as I would have to.

Finally, she said, "I'm married."

I did not show her any reaction, even when my insides were screaming in shock. "Okay."

She watched me closely, carefully. "It was an arranged marriage."

Now, THAT made sense. "Why did you go along with it?"

She looked away then. "I don't know." Again, she sounded broken.

"I'm guessing you don't like your husband?"

"No. He's an arrogant, self-centered jerk."

"I see."

 "We are forced to live under the same roof."

I raised both brows this time. "Same room too?"

"No. We hate each other."

I nodded. "Go on."

"He's driving me crazy. He stole my coffee and kicked me out of my master bedroom. He forced me to make him breakfast. And he didn't allow me to watch my drama because he wanted to watch hi-" She stopped.

"Watch what?"

"His show," She finished. "I didn't know it would be this hell when I agreed to the marriage."

I sat back in my seat, and caught Lia sighing in relief. She must have been uncomfortable when I was too close to her.

"So you come here to get away from him."

She nodded.

"Just tell me this. What were you thinking when you agreed to this marriage?"

She looked down and her hair fell over her face, making a curtain, blocking my view of her face. "I wasn't in my right mind. I was in... you could call it an unstable state."

I stared at her. "You were drunk?"

"No!" She cried. "Of course not. My keomonim won't do that to me. Ask me something important when I'm drunk."

"I wasn't on drugs either," she added.

"But you said you were in an unstable state."

"Emotionally."

"Ah." I folded my legs. "Why's that?"

She remained quiet for a long moment, not looking at me. I figured out that she did not want to continue the conversation. And suddenly missed her smile.

I picked up my guitar and started playing as I sang. "Smile. Don't cry. It's okay. Aren't we together?" And then I stopped, because I had no more lyrics.

She gestured for me to continue playing. When I did, she sang. "No matter what people say.  I believe in you.."

And then I continued. "Smile. Don't be hurt."

She continued and we went like that for awhile. She had one of those voice. The one that was born to sing. It was one of the most beautiful thing I had ever heard.

When the song ended, with me asking her to smile. She finally did.

>Lia<

"Why don't you practice calling me oppa."

I looked up from my guitar and stared hard at Yonghwa.

He grinned. "Come on. Call me. "Oppa~" like that."  

I shuddered in mock disgust. "Don't ever, do that again."

"Waeyo?" He chuckled.

"Don't please. It washed away all your machoness. What little you have."

"Then, pali call me oppa."

I scowled at him. "Sireo."

"What are you going to call me then?"

"Yonghwa."

"Andwae! I'm two years older than you."

"Then... Unnie?"

"Ya."

"Ermm... Noona?"

"Jugoshippo?"

I laughed. "Arasso, arasso. I'll call you hyung."

He grimaced. "Why not oppa?"

I shrugged. "Oppa is too girly for me."

"Do you call your husband oppa?" He asked suddenly.

"No. I called him by his name."

"How old is he?"

"Twenty one, I think."

"Is he an idol like me?"

I froze for just a heartbeat before looking over at hyung thoughtfully.

"Why do you think that?" I asked him carefully.

He shrugged. "He sounded like nowadays idol's typical behavior."

Then my head fully processed what he said earlier. "Wait— Hyung. You're an idol?"

He smiled. "I was waiting for you to say that."

"Sinja? You're really an idol?"

He half laughed. "Ya, is that so hard to believe?"

Why was my life being populated with famous people? Couldn't I have a normal friend for once?

He told me about his band, CNBlue. And asked— no not asked, ordered me to go listen to their songs.

"You have to be able to know how to play one of our song by next week. That's your assignment for today," he said.

"What is this? High school?" I said, annoyed.

"It might as well be. Your common knowledge is too low."

"Hey! My common knowledge is fine, thank you very much."

We packed up and left the room. I returned the room key at the counter while hyung waited for me. And then we went out of the studio. Oh, the sun was already setting. How long have I been here anyway?

I unlocked my car and carefully put both my guitars inside. When I looked up, hyung was standing at the front of my car, his hands at his side, watching me.

"Hyung, waeyo?" I asked.

"I'm an idol, and I don't even have a car," he said.

At that moment a few girls walked pass him. They stared at him and started squealing. He smiled back and nodded, then turned to me.

I shook my head, "Waaah.. So you really are an idol."

He smirked, "So, are you going to give me a ride?"

I laughed. "You're very forward aren't you?"

He went to the passenger seat and got in even when I hadn't invited him. I shook my head again, amused.

I started the engine and glanced at him. "Where do you want me to drop you off?"

He gave me the address and I drove.

"Ya, open the car's hood," hyung told me.

"Weayo?" I asked.

"Just open it, please. I want to feel what it's like."

I grinned and did what he told me. The wind blew my hair off my face and hyung laughed. He switched on the radio, and I sighed when Beast song was being played. To my surprise, hyung started singing it.

"Hyung, you know this song?"

"Of course. It's a triple crown song. And I like it."

"Do you know Beast?" I didn't look at him.

"Of course. I've ever been to a variety show with Gi Kwang."

I gulped. I had to be careful then. "What's he like? Gi Kwang." I asked.

He shrugged. "He's friendly and funny. A little pabo, but still, fun to be around with. He's nice."

Nice? Gi Kwang-goon was nice? Were we talking about the same person here?

I nodded but did not say anything else.

He turned to me fully and said, "Why don't you take up the wife role fully?"

I glanced at him, frowning. "What are you talking about?"

"You, being a wife. Why don't you be his real wife. Do the laundries, cook for him, clean the house— you know? So that your husband can't say anything because you played your role."

I didn't answer, and he didn't say anything else. But those words kept playing in my head. Even after I sent him off.