Chapter 25

My husband, the babokwang!

  >Lia<
  I walked through the hallway towards Beast's dressing room. It was strangely empty.
  At the front, I saw a familiar woman's figure walking towards me. I squinted my eyes, and recognized Min. I didn't want to see her right now. But I couldn't go anyway else but forward so I smiled at her.
  "Min-ah where are you going?" I asked her nicely.
  She smiled back at me, but there was something wrong with her eyes. "I'm looking for Gi Kwang-oppa. Do you know where he is? We've made plans for this evening. Lia-ah, can I tell you a secret?"
  I nodded slowly.
  "Me and Gi Kwang-oppa want to have dinner together tonight. And Gi Kwang-oppa suggested to have breakfast together too. If you know what I mean."
  My heartbeat jerked to a halt painfully.
  Min smiled coyly at me. "Should I agree? I mean, it's a big step to the next level in our relationship. I've never done it before. Gi Kwang oppa has a lot of experience in those areas, you know."
  My body turned hot then cold. I took the deepest breath, and forced a smile.
  "That's too much information, Min!"
  Footsteps came from behind me. I glanced back and saw Gi Kwang-goon. I couldn't stand to see them together anymore, knowing what they were going to do.
  "Excuse me, Min." I practically ran away from them.


  •Gi Kwang•
  Lia shot me a look before she stalked off. What was with that look?
  Min was staring after her. I went to her.
  "Ya, what did you say to her?"
  "Nothing, Oppa. I just asked her where you were. She suddenly excused herself when she saw you," Min answered. Somehow, I couldn't quite believe her.
  She hooked her arm around mine when we started walking back. "Oppa, should we have dinner together tonight?"
  I shook her off me. "Min, please. Don't do this. We're not going to have anything together."
  She continued skipping happily. "Should we have chinese tonight?"
  I sighed and rubbed my face in frustration.
  When we reached Beast's dressing room, Lia was nowhere in sight.
  "Where's Garfield?" I asked the kids.
  Yoseob glared at me. "She's gone."
  "What do you mean she's gone?"
  "She'd left. She said something urgent came up and she has to go back to Korea," Hyun Seung explained.
  I frowned. What had came up? Or maybe, she was lying?
  "What did you say to her to make her leave, Gi Kwang?" Yoseob asked me angrily. "She looked so upset."
  "I didn't say anything!" I turned to Min. "What'd you do?"
  She shook her head at me, giving me an innocent look. "I didn't say anything either."
  I didn't believe her.


  >Lia<
  Right now, Gi Kwang and Min were probably...
  I shook my head to stop myself from thinking about it and putting my heart through another pain. I waited for the airplane to depart. I had gone back to the hotel, feeling hollow. From the hotel's reception, I booked the earliest flight back to Korea from here. The fastest was at 1am. I had packed my bag and left the hotel ealier, so that Beast wouldn't make me change my mind. I couldn't stand it anymore... It hurt. I thought I could handle it. I thought I could act indifferent. I was so wrong.


 •Gi Kwang•
  "Since Lia isn't here anymore. We'll go back straight after the concert," Doojoon announced.
  "I agree. We planned to stay here for five days because of Lia. To give her a break. But since she's gone, we should just go home early," Dongwoon said.
  "So everyone agrees? I'm going to tell manager hyung now, if someone disagree, better say it out now," Doojoon said.
  We agreed to go home early. I didn't disagree because I wanted to see her and asked what Min had said to her. It must be because of that, that she left.
  When I went to sleep that night, I lied down on my bed and felt lonely. Lia slept beside me last night. Now that she wasn't here, I missed her. Missed her sweet scent, missed gazing at her adorable sleeping face. Missed the way we breathed together, the feel of her chest against mine and our heart beat as one. I missed her so much, I thought I could die.
   I couldn't ignore it anymore. I had fallen for her. I was in love with her. I loved Lia.
  I suddenly felt so heartbroken that a tear flowed down my cheek. I wanted Lia, I loved her. I didn't want to fight with her anymore. I wanted to be with her for real. Be a real couple.
  I was going to go home and confess to her. Yes, I would do that.


  #Yonghwa#
  My favorite girl wasn't right today. She played beautifully as usual, but the feeling in those songs she played were even more intense, the feelings deeper.
  Lia had excused herself from us and left the room. I went in search of her. There was something wrong with her, and I needed to know what.
  I found her on the rooftop. She was standing and gazing out at the night sky, hugging herself. The wind blew her long hair out of her face, her jacket flapped against the wind. I came to stand beside her. She looked so sad. We stood like that in silence for a moment.
  "We aren't supposed to be up here. And that door was supposed to be locked. How'd you open it?" I asked her lightly.
  She smiled without looking at me. "I picked the lock."
  "How'd you know how to pick— never mind." I kept forgetting about her past, who she was before.
  We were quiet again. And then, I said, "Tell me." I didn't need to pester her for information anymore. She'd learned that it wouldn't work to ignore me.
  She breathed in shakily. "My husband has replaced me."
  "Replace? As in...?"
  "He has found a girl, yes." Her voice broke on the last word. She swallowed and blinked hard.
  "You love your husband," I said matter of factly.
  "Which wife wouldn't love their husband, hyung."
   I couldn't see her in pain. My heart would feel weird when she was hurt. After the hell she'd been through, she deserved better. Much, much better. Her husband had gone way too far. He was stupid to throw her away like this.
  "What are you going to do, Lia?" I asked.
  She shook her head. "I don't know, hyung. I don't know what to do." Her breath caught. She closed her eyes and made a small keening at the back of . I knew she was holding back from crying.
  I touched her shoulder. "Cry, Lia. You have to cry. Let it out. I don't want you to bottle it up inside."
  Her voice sounded tight, strained when she said, "You know how I was raised, hyung. It had been drilled into my head that I shouldn't, couldn't show the world that I'm weak. I can't cry in front of the world."
  "I'll shield you from the world, Lia."
  She turned to look at me, her wide eyes shone with unshed tears. "Will you really shield me, hyung? Will you be enough to shield me?"
  "For you, I will be."
  Her lips trembled and I pulled her into my chest. I wrapped my arms around her. "Cry Lia. I want you to cry as hard as you can. I want you to cry for all the days that you couldn't, for when your father hurt you, for all the times you've been hurt by someone, for your twin brother, for the people you left behind, for your husband. Cry Lia. Please."
  I felt both her hands clenched the front of my shirt and her shoulders shook. My shirt started to feel wet and Lia let out a sob. Once she did, the rest of the sob was uncontrollable. She cried hard, so hard that she had hiccups. I tightened my arms around her and closed my eyes, holding back my own tears.
  Why, God? Why Lia? Hadn't she been through enough? Why would you give her a husband that was an ? After what she had been through?
  When she finally stopped, she didn't pull away from me. Her body felt limp in my arms. I think she was exhausted.
  "Did the world see me?" She whispered so softly.
  I ran my hand through her hair. "No. Nobody saw you, Lia." She pulled away and gazed up at me. I wiped the tears from her cheeks and tucked her hair behind her ear. "If you ever want to cry again, and you don't want the world to see you." I patted my chest. "Here's the only place you can go. Understand?"
  She nodded. "Why are you so nice to me, hyung? After I told you about my past."
  I smiled. "Because you're my favorite dongseng."
  She smiled a little.
  My smile slowly disappeared. "Lia, about your husband. I think you should get a divorce. You shouldn't have to live with him anymore, after what he put you through. He doesn't deserve you. You should move out then sign for a divorce in court."
  She sighed and looked up at the moon. "Should I?"
  I raised a brow at her. "You're still thinking about staying with him, after what he did? Treat you bad, cheat on you."
  She didn't answer.
  "How long are you going to live like this, Lia? Being a maid and not a wife to your husband. Ever thought of what's going to happen in the future? What will you be doing in ten years time?"
  She shook her head. "After Lucas... I've never look forward to anything. What more, life."
  "So what are you going to do? Are you going to be like this forever?"
  She closed her eyes. "No. I don't think I can stand it anymore. I'm moving out."
  "When?"
  "The sooner, the better. Once I found a place to stay."
  I grinned. "I know someone, who know someone, who has a room to rent."


  >Lia<
  I waited for Gi Kwang-goon to reach home. All my things were packed, placed beside me on the dining table. I saw Doojoon tweeted that they were coming home today. And I wanted to atleast let Gi Kwang know that I was leaving, leaving him. My heart felt heavy, leaving this place. I wasn't just leaving Gi Kwang-goon, but I was leaving Beast too. I wasn't going to change my mind though. Nothing would change my mind. Unless, my husband chased after me. I knew that was only wishful thinking. It wouldn't happen. I was prepared mentally and emotionally.
  At 9 o'clock that night, the apartment doorknob finally turned and the door swung open. Gi Kwang-goon stepped in. I stood up. When he saw me, his eyes brightened. But then he saw the bags on the table.
  "What's this?" He asked slowly.
  "I'm leaving," I said carefully.
  He frowned a little. "Leaving?"
  "I'm moving out, Gi Kwang. I want a divorce." My mouth burned when I said that. It felt so wrong.
  "A... a divorce? But, why?" He asked. He looked a little stunned and blur.
  "I don't want to live like this anymore. I mean, who am I kidding? This marriage we have going on here, it would never work out. You've said it yourself at the very start. I shouldn't have even agreed to this. It was a mistake. I'll get a divorce. It would be the best for both of us."
  He stared hard at me. "What?"
  I picked up my bags and put down my luggage. "I waited for you because I wanted to say goodbye. So, I'm leaving. Goodbye, Gi Kwang." I bowed to him. My heart hurt, I couldn't quite breathe right.
  I walked pass him to the door and opened it. He didn't stop me, or said anything. He just stood there, watching me.
  You pabokwang! Stop me. Stop me. Come on, coffee stealer pyeontae, stop me! Stop me, damn it!
  I pulled my luggage to the elevator and pressed the button. I felt something on my feet and looked down. Kwangie was tangling himself to my legs.
  The door to Beast apartment opened and Dongwoon walked out.
  "Oh, Lia. Eh? Where are you going?" He asked me.
  I turned to him. "I'm moving out, Dongwoon-ah. I'm leaving for good this time. I'm sorry that I didn't give an earlier notice to resign from my maid and chef jobs. I'm really sorry."
  "Mworago?" He cried.
  "Ya! Dongwoon, Waeyo?" Yoseobie asked him.
  My heart squeezed tight, seeing him. I was going to leave my bestfriend.
  "Hyung! Hyung!" Dongwoon yelled into the apartment frantically. "Lia's leaving! Lia is leaving for good!"
  Running footsteps came. Doojoon, Hyun Seung and Junhyung ran out.
  "What?" Yoseobie said. He turned to me. "L—" He saw my luggage and bags. Blood drained from his face. "L, where are you going? Come on, L. Don't do this."
  "Lia. What's going on? Why are you leaving suddenly?" Doojoon asked me, bewildered.
  "Why don't we sit and talk about it, uh? Lia?" Junhyung said. "Don't do this."
  "It's about Gi Kwang, isn't it?" Hyun Seung asked. "Are you getting a divorce?"
  I bowed to them. "I'm sorry." The elevator dinged and the door opened. I turned to leave.
  "L! Please! Don't do this!" Yoseobie cried.
  "Lia, don't go." That was Dongwoon.
  "Who's going to cook my favorite food now if you leave, Lia? Who's going to help me when my phone or my computer hang? Who's going to make me laugh so hard during dinner if you're not there, Lia? Don't go," Junhyung begged.
  "What about Gi Kwang, Lia?" Doojoon added. "What about us?"
  "Have you thought about this properly, Lia?" Hyun Seung said.
  "L, please. Don't go. Don't leave," Yoseobie pleaded. "You made me promise that Beast won't ever replace you. But what are you doing now, L?"
  The pain in their voices were as clear as day.
  I stopped walking and squeezed my eyes shut. I was touched that they tried to stop me. And it hurt to leave them. It hurt a lot more than I thought. But the one person I wanted the most to stop me, didn't. And I didn't think I could take that.
  I took a deep breath and turned back to them. "I'm sorry, Yoseobie."
  I saw tears in his eyes, in Dongwoon's, Junhyung's. Doojoon and Hyun Seung's eyes were red but dry. I shouldn't have turned around. It was harder to leave them now.
  "I take back what I said. You guys can go ahead and replace me." I closed my eyes for a second and opened them again. "I'm really sorry, guys." I bowed and turned.

  "L." Just that one letter. That one letter stopped me again.
  My heart was breaking into pieces. Oh, god. Why was it so hard? Beast were my friends, my family. But Gi Kwang-goon...
  Tears filled my eyes. Without turning, I whispered loud enough, "I'm so sorry, Yoseobie. So sorry Beast."
  Then I pushed forward into the elevator and pressed the button.
  "Lia..." they said weakly, their last try.
  I looked at them and forced a tear filled smile. "I'm going to miss all of you so much."
  And then the elevator door closed. The last thing I saw was the hurt looks of my beloved Beast.
  I'm sorry. Goodbye, Beast. Goodbye, Gi Kwang-goon.