Chapter 12

My husband, the babokwang!

>Lia<

I paced the room nervously, tugging down the too short silver dress. How was I to dance in this? And with high heels too! What had Gi Kwang-goon done to me?

When G.NA's manager dragged me to a room, the staffs changed me into this dress and made me up in a flash. And then I was shoved to another room to study G.NA's dances. G.NA and the other dancers showed me examples of what we would be doing on stage and then they taught me the dance moves. I didn't have a choice.

I was taught since young to think fast and to catch things fast. So I was quick to memorise the moves. G.NA was impressed.  I wasn't though. I didn't want to be here. This was all Gi Kwang-goon's fault! I was so, so angry at him.

•Gi Kwang•

I didn't mean to make her angry at me. I did all this for her own good.

When I asked her if she dance that night, I heard longing in her voice when she answered me. I knew she missed it. She missed it a lot. I didn't know why she had stopped dancing, but I didn't want her to stop doing something she liked. I knew how that felt. I was helping her here.

When she looked back at me and our eyes met, she said, "Jebal. Don't do this to me." She said it with so much pain and fear that I almost, almost stopped it.

Instead, I looked away.

°Yoseob°

I knocked on the door before opening it. Lia was pacing, wearing the same dress as G.NA's dancers. Her hair was styled, she wore more make up than she usually would.

"Lia, Gwaenchana?" I asked.

She looked at me with pleading eyes. "No. Yoseobie, help me. I don't want to do this. I don't want to dance. Please."

I looked at her helplessly. I couldn't help her. I couldn't do anything. I felt so useless.

"Mian, L. But I can't do anything. I wish I could, but I really can't."

She dropped down on the sofa and covered her face. I sat beside her. I didn't like this, Lia stuck in this state and I couldn't do anything about it. I hated this feeling. Gi Kwang, what have you done?

I touched her shoulder lightly. "L?"

She let her hands fell from her face and I saw a new determination in her eyes. "Okay. Fine. If I can't get out of this, I'm going to give everything I've got."

I was surprised by the change in her. And pleased. My Lia wasn't as weak as I thought. She was strong. I was so proud of her.

She turned to me. "Will you help me practice?"

I smiled and nodded.

•Gi Kwang•

When it was G.NA's turn to perform, I watched at the side of the stage. My eyes were all on Garfield. I wanted to see if I shouldn't have suggested her, that I had made the wrong choice.

I didn't. Lia was good. Really, really good. The way she danced, it was effortless and smooth, but at the same time strong and energetic. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"She's good. Lia," Hyun Seung said, his voice surprised.

"Of course she is," Yoseob said. I could hear pride in his voice.

I didn't get annoyed when he said that, like I usually would. That was how caught up I was with her.

"She's alright," I murmured.

"Ya! That's too much, Gi Kwang-ah. She's really good," Doojoon said.

I shrugged. She wasn't good. She was amazing.

>Lia<

"Oh my god, Lia! You were awesome up there!" G.NA was hugging me so tightly, I couldn't breathe. She jumped up and down.

"Unnie— can't— breathe," I choked out.

She let me go but grabbed my hands. And then started jumping again. I wasn't that good. I made three mistakes, but it was a small one.

I heard Yoseobie laughed behind me. "Ya, G.NA, let her go already. She must be exhausted."

"I am!" I turned to him. "Can I go sit and watch now?"

He laughed again and nodded. He passed me a water bottle before I changed back into my clothes and went to sit. Half of the concert was over. I only got to watch half of what was left. But it was fun. Junhyung kept his promise.

 When it was over, Yoseobie texted me to go to Beast's dressing room.

I was reaching for the doorknob when the door swung inwards. I looked up and my eyes met with Gi Kwang-goon's. We stared at each other silently for a long moment. I couldn't read his expression, but I was sure mine was showing anger.

Without a word, I stepped aside for him to pass. He didn't move immediately. Taking just a step forward, he paused beside me. I waited for him to say something. But he didn't. So I stalked in.

"Lia-ah! We're going to celebrate after this. Care to join us?" Dongwoon asked me.

I shook my head. "That's okay. This is a Cube family celebration. I don't want to be an extra."

Yoseob went to my side. "Don't be like that, L. You contributed to the concert. You should celebrate with us."

"And besides, you're part of the Cube family too. You're married to Gi Kwang, which means you're married to Beast too. Beast is in Cube. So, technically, you're married to Cube," Doojoon explained.

I frowned at him. "That does not make sense."

"It doesn't have to be. Join us, okay?"

"But I have—"

 "Lia!" G.NA skipped into the room to me. "Are you joining us for the celebration later on?"

"She's joining," Doojoon answered for me. I wanted to protest but they didn't give me the chance.

"Good," G.NA said. "I want the heroine of the concert to be with us tonight."

"Heroine? What heroine?"

"See you later!" And then she was off. She was so hyper even after the concert. Where the hell did she get all the energy from?

I turned to Yoseobie. "Do I have to go?"

"Of course," he said.

"But I don't want to go."

"Why? It's not really much, but it's going to be fun, I swear. There's going to be a lot of food, and maybe some good wine."

"I don't drink," I said.

"Not even a little?"

"Nope." I pleaded with my eyes. "I don't think I'll feel comfortable later on. I mean, I don't know 4minute and G.NA well."

He faced me fully and held my shoulders. "But I'm going to be there, aren't I? You can just stick close to me."

I pointed a finger at him and narrowed my eyes. "You promise you won't ditch me?"

He held up his hand. "I promise."

The celebration was to eat at a very expensive restaurant. As promise, I stuck close to Yoseobie and he entertainted me all through dinner. We talked, we joked, Hyun Seung and Junhyung joining in at times. Hara wasn't there because she had a schedule.

I had to admit, it was fun. Even though I was trying to shake off the feeling that Gi Kwang-goon was watching me all through it.

 •Gi Kwang•

I wanted to ride with her to the restaurant. But Yoseob snatched that opportunity away when he announced in the dressing room that he was going to ride with Garfield.

All through the celebration, those two stuck together as if they were glued. They went to the buffet together. Sat side by side on the table. Yoseob helped her grabbed her drinks. It was pissing me off.

"Oppa, are those two together?" Hyuna asked. She too, were watching them.

Dongwoon looked up. "No, of course not. They are best chingu ah, best chingu."

At the other side, Yoseob, Hyun Seung and Junhyung erupted with laugthers again.

"Ya, why are you guys sharing the joke all to yourself? Share it with us too," Doojoon told them.

Junhyung paused laughing long enough to answer. "Lia just told us something hilarious that happened at her work place."

"I'm sure it's so funny that my stomach will explode from laughing too much," I said sarcastically.

Garfield looked at me with cold eyes but didn't say anything.

When it was time to go home, Yoseob wanted to ride with Garfield again. Before he could reach the car, I leaned against the passenger seat door.

"Gi Kwang-ah, what are you doing?" He asked

"I'm riding with Garfield. You go ride the van."

"Waeyo?"

"This car is given to her by the company. I never rode it before. I want to see if the company gave a good car."

Yoseob didn't buy my reason, I could see that.

Garfield turned to him. "That's okay, Yoseobie. We'll continue later."

Once his back was turned, Garfield stopped smiling. She unlocked the car and I got in.

"Open the hood," I told her once we were on the road.

"Sireo."

"Why? The hood was down when you came here with Yoseob."

"I don't want people to see me fighting with you," she said. "What do you want? Why are you taking the car?"

"I told you, I want to see if the company—"

"Don't give me this bull, Gi Kwang. I had enough of you today. You threw me to the wolves, you made a fool out of me in front of everybody, and now this."

"I did not make a fool out of you in front of everybody."

"And you never listened to me," she said through gritted teeth. "I told you I don't dance anymore, but you never listened!"

"Was I wrong to do that to you?" I demanded, my voice raising. "They needed help and you were there! You could help. Just because of some stupid reasons you wouldn't help at all?"

Her head snapped towards me, her eyes flashing in anger. "The reason isn't stupid! You don't know why I'd stop, so don't act like you do."

"Tell me the reason then? Huh?" She didn't answer. I hated it when she didn't answer. "Look," I said slowly. "I saw you up there. I know you love dancing. And you missed it."

"It doesn't matter. I don't dance anymore."

"I'm not going to apologize. I helped you today," I told her quietly. "No matter what you say, I believe that I helped you."

She closed her eyes for just a brief moment before opening it again. "Why do you want to help me?"

"Because I'm your friend."

"Friends don't do something like that to their friends."

"I'm not just any friend. I'm a friend who would help his friend even if that friend doesn't realize that she needs help."

The car stopped and I realized we had arrived home. Neither of us made a move to get out. Lia rested her head on the steering wheel.

"Don't do that to me again, please. Even if you believe that you're helping me, just don't."

Before I could answer, she got out of the car.