Chapter 6

My husband, the babokwang!

 >Lia<

When I woke up that morning, I immediately realized that the room felt different. Oh, right. I changed room. Because that PYEONTAE stole mine. Just the thought of him made me so angry. Grr...

He even saw my favorite bra, Garfield. How was I to face him now? It was so embarrassing.

I glanced at the clock. It was 7 in the morning. I started panicking, before realizing that it was Sunday. No work. What was wrong with me today?

My body felt stiff and uncomfortable, I should go exercise, a jog maybe. I got up and changed into my sports outfit. I opened my room door and made a quick check of the house. It looked empty. Gi Kwang-goon's room was closed. He must still be sleeping. I went to the the bathroom to do the necessary before going out for a jog.

When I got back an hour later, all sweaty, Gi Kwang-goon's room was still closed. Thank god. I needed a shower. Since my room did not have a bathroom, I had to use the one in the kitchen.

I set the coffeemaker and got into a hot, awesome shower. It was so refreshing. My mind cleared up and I did not even remember last night's incident. In a daze, I strolled out of the bathroom, wrapped only in a towel.

I was almost to my room when the door to Gi Kwang-goon's room lurched open. I froze in my tracks. I had no freaking idea why I did. Gi Kwang-goon stepped out of the room. He looked up and saw me. We stared at each other for a long moment, both stunned.

And then,

"Aaaaaaahhhhh!!"

"Aaaaaaahhhhh!!"

We both started screaming at the same time.

"Pyeontae!" I shrieked.

I ran into my room at the same time as Gi Kwang-goon ran into his. We slammed the door at the same time.

•Gi Kwang•

I staggered against the door clumsily. My heart was beating wildly in my chest. The sight of that Garfield covered only by a towel, made my breath caught in my throat and my heartbeat stopped.

"Mwoya igo!" I gasped, suddenly out of breath. Why was I out of breath anyway?

It must be because I was shocked to find her in that state. Nothing more. I did not expect to find her like that. That was why I had gotten so shocked. Yeah, that was it.

"Waahh, that Garfield sure is dangerous. I almost died of heart attack! What will happen to beast if I'd died just now? My fans will definitely go crazy," I talked to myself, shaking my head. "I have to be careful with that Garfield."

I composed myself, before coming out of my room to go to the kitchen. Garfield's room was still shut. I was so hungry! Hoped there was something to eat. Hmm...

Rummaging through the refrigerator, I realized that there was no food that was readily made. I would need to cook. This was what I hated the most. I closed the fridge and placed my hands on my hips. I would drink coffee first since it was already readily made.

Lia marched into the kitchen a few minutes later— fully cloth this time, thank goodness. Her face was neutral, non-chalant, as if we had not been screaming our lungs out at each at just now.

She went to the sink and took a cup. I watched her silently. When she paused in front of the coffemaker, she frowned down at the empty pot. Then she glanced at me and saw my cup filled with coffee.

She glared at me. "You coffee stealer pyeontae!" She said through clenched teeth.

I raised the cup slowly to my mouth, making sure that she was watching me closely, and deliberately drank it. "Mmm..." I my lips.

"Ah, sinja michiketta," She muttered.

I held back a laugh. She stomped off to make a new coffee. We remained in total silence the whole time the coffeemaker was brewing. She did not budge from where she stood in front of the coffeemaker, afraid I might steal her coffee again.

When her cup was filled, she started to go out of the kitchen.

"Ya, Garfield," I called her.

She froze on the spot, turning slowly to stare hard at me. "What did you just call me?"

I made an innocent face. "Garfield," I said again. I could see her cheeks turning pink, and then her blush full blast. Oh, it took everything I had to not laugh at that moment. She did look cute blushing, though.

"Make me breakfast," I told her.

She stared at me like I was crazy. "Why should I?"

"Because you're a wife. Wife should make breakfast," I explained simply.

I did not know why, but a slow grin spread across her face. "What if I don't want to?"

"I will tell beast, and the whole world that you have a Garfield bra."

Her eyes bulged out. "You—"

"Don't even think of trying to poison me. Your pride is in my hands." I couldn't help the evil grin then.

"Argh! Sinja!"

"I expect my breakfast in an hour. Okay, Garfield?" Then I strolled out the kitchen.

Once I was sure I was out of her hearing, I burst out laughing. Who knew living under the same roof with that Garfield could be this fun? I should thank the kids.

An hour later, as I was sitting at the dining table in the living room, watching television, a plate slammed in front of me on the table. The aroma of the fried rice was so good.

I looked at Lia and gave her the sweetest smile. "Good kitty."

She glared at me, then stalked off to the sofa. I took a bite off the rice. Oh, wow. She could cook. That was a plus.

She took the remote control and switched channels. I was watching that! I lept out of my chair, carried my fried rice with me to the sofa and dropped down beside Garfield. She ignored me. I put down my plate of fried rice on the coffee table, then snatched the remote control from her.

"Hey!" She cried.

"I was watching that," I told her.

"I want to watch my drama!"

"I want to watch MYSELF on that variety show. That's more important than your stupid drama."

"That is so stupid. Why would you want to watch a variety show that you're in? You already know what happened from the start till the end. Why would you want to watch it again?" She asked me, bewildered.

"I want to admire my handsome self."

She rolled her eyes.

"What drama you'd want to watch anyway?" I asked her as I picked up my plate of fried rice.

"All my love."

"The one that Doojoon's in? Ya, its better to watch me than Doojoon. I'm hotter than him."

"Na chongmal michiketta." She stood up.

"Ya, eodi ka? Sit back down and watch me on tv."

"Sireo."

She went to her room. A few minutes later, she got out of the room, wearing jeans and a shirt that looked nice on her, and went into my room.

When she came out, she carried a bag that looked like a guitar case on her shoulder with her car keys in her hand.

I looked at her. "Eodi ka?"

She paused at the apartment door. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because I'm your husband." It slipped out of my mouth, without me thinking.

Something flashed in her eyes. And then she said, "Staying in the same house with you is really making me crazy. I'm going jamming."

"With who? Your YOSEOBIE?" I said yoseob name sarcastically.

She did not answer. Instead, she went out the door without even a goodbye.

"Rude," I muttered.

Go ahead then. Go and jam with Yoseob. Like I would care. Argh!