Chapter 3

My husband, the babokwang!

 °Yoseob°

 That pabo, Gi Kwang was ignoring his wife. No, not ignoring. More like he acted like nothing big had happened this morning. That he did not just marry a beautiful lady. That she was invisible.

  We were in the private aeroplane, going back to Korea. The kids (Beast members) and I huddled at one side of the plane, while Lia sat all alone on the other side, far away from us. She wore a hoody, with the hood up and stared out of the window. Gi Kwang was joking around with Dongwoon, did not even glance at Lia. I pitied her.

 "Ya, Gi Kwang-ah," Hyun seung called him from beside me. Like me, he had also noticed Lia sitting all alone. "Aren't you going to sit with your wife?"

  Gi Kwang's facial expression completely changed when his wife was mentioned. "Sireo," he said curtly, and then dismissed it just like that.

  Junhyung shook his head. "Gi Kwang, it's not nice to treat your wife like that."

 "She's only my wife on a piece of paper."

  Doojoon made a face. "Ya! Don't say that so loud. She can hear you, you Pabo! You'll hurt her feelings."

  Gi Kwang's face was all innocent. "She can't hear us because she's listening to music."

  We all looked over at Lia. I saw what I did not notice before, the white earpiece wire that camouflaged against her white hoody. So, Gi Kwang did look at his wife. He had noticed the earpiece before we did.

 "Keunde, hyung's wife looks a little stuck up, don't you think?" Dongwoon half whispered. He had the initiative to speak softly, even though Lia had her ears plugged in.

  "Maybe a little," Hyun Seung agreed.

 Gi Kwang snorted. "A little? You're kidding, right? She look so stuck up and arrogant!" He had to say that so loud.

  All five of us frantically hushed him.

  "What?" He said bluntly.

  "Aigoo, this pabo," Doojoon muttered, exasperated.

  I gazed over at Lia again. I could not really see her face, just her profile. She did not look stuck up or arrogant to me. She just looked sad. Very, very sad.

  "She don't smile a lot," Junhyung continued.

  "She looks lonely." I did not realize that I had said it out loud until the kids stared at me. Oh, well. I could not take that back anyway.

  "Yang Yoseob! Don't tell me you like her," Gi Kwang said, his eyes big, lower lip pouting a little. He always had that look whenever he felt betrayed.

  I shrugged. "She can use a friend."

  Now, Gi kwang's lower lip was fully pouting. "Fine! Go and sit with her then."

  I could not help it. My eyes brightened. "Keurae? Arasso!" I jumped out of my seat.

  "Ya!" Gi kwang called as I walked towards Lia.

  "Who asked you to tell him to go? Its your lost," I heard Doojoon .

  I slumped down next to Lia. She turned and stared at me blankly.

  "Hi, I'm Yoseob," I said.

  She nodded without changing her expression.

  I pointed at her ear. "What are you listening to?"

  She plugged out one of her earpiece and offered it to me. I took it.

  I smiled at her. "You're listening to Beast's songs?"

  "My cousin told me to."

  "Oh." My heart fell, just a little.

  She turned back to the window. I cleared my throat to get back her attention.

  "So..." She turned back to me. "Have you ever heard our songs before?" She shook her head and said nothing else. "Have you even heard the group Beast before this?" She shook her head again. I let out a breath. "Are you ever going to answer me with your mouth?"

  She stared at me, startled with what I had just said. I thought she was not going to say anything and was about to stand up when she spoke.

  "Sorry."

   I softened. "That's okay."

  "I know that you and beast think that I'm arrogant." 

   Aah, . She heard us. So much for Gi Kwang claiming she could not hear us.

  She saw my panicked look and smiled just a little. The first real smile I'd seen since the first time I met her. "I heard. But I wasn't offended."

  "Mian."

  She nodded and did not say anything else. Our song titled: Though I called, started playing.

  "I like this song," she said softly.

  The way she said it, it was so sad. SHE sounded so sad. I felt like I needed to comfort her. But I did not even know why she was sad. My heart kind of hurt for her.

  I stuck out my hand suddenly. She stared down at it, perplexed. And then frowned at me.

  I smiled brightly at her. "Let's be friends."

  Something flashed in her eyes. Anger? "You don't have to pity me, Yoseob." The way she spoke my name, tickled me. I liked it.

  "This isn't pity, Lia-ah. This is me genuinely wanti to be your friend."

  She stared at me for a long moment. Then slowly, carefully, she placed her hand in mine and we shook it.

 My heart warmed at the friendship I was going to have with Lia in the future.