Chapter 39

My husband, the babokwang!

>Lia< 

I woke up at ten o'clock the next morning, only to find an empty space beside me. I was so used to waking up and seeing Lee Gi Kwang's face just inches from mine that it felt a little lonely when he was gone. I got up and had a shower. 

After I was ready, I went out to the living room to find Lee Gi Kwang. The house was empty. Weird. I went to the kitchen, and he wasn't there too. There were only dishes laid out on the kitchen table, for breakfast. Hmm... Where did he go? Why didn't he tell me anything? Did he cook all this? Wow. 

Trudging back to the living room after I had finished my breakfast, I paused beside the dining table when I saw a thick envelope. I picked it up— it was heavy— and opened it. 

A red card fell out of the envelope. There was something else inside. I pulled it out and stared down at it in awe. It was beautiful. It was a square, clear glass block that had a picture of me and Lee Gi Kwang engraved in it. We were smiling into the camera. Lee Gi Kwang had his arms around me, and my hand was holding the camera. We looked... like we were in love.

I opened the red card and read it.

Dear Beautiful,
  Do you remember what day is today? Today is a very special day. And you are going to be doing very special things. Be prepared, Park Lia. You're going to be doing things you've never done before. When you open the main door, you will see Dongwoon outside. Please follow him. He will lead you to your next destination.
  P.S: I hope you like that picture of us. It's one of my favorite. Please bring it along with you.
  P.P.S: I love you.
  Lee Gi Kwang.

My heart fluttered a little, and excitement built up inside of me. He was keeping me in suspense, and I liked it. What was so special about today anyway? What date was today? I looked at the calender, 29th August. What about 29th August?

I shrugged, put on my coat, grabbed my bag and placed the clear glass block inside. Then, I went to the door. Just as what the card said, Son Dongwoon was waiting outside.

"Oh, Lia. You're ready? Kaja."

"Where are we going?" I asked as we went into the elevator.

He smiled mysteriously. "You'll know once we get there." 

When we were on the road, in Beast's van, I asked, "Whose idea was this?"

Son Dongwoon turned to me. "Don't you remember what day is today, Lia?"

I frowned and shook my head. 

He sighed. "Its Gi Kwang hyung's idea, of course."

"Oh." We were quiet for a minute. Before I turned to him again and asked, "Can't you give me a clue to where we're heading?"

He didn't answer, looking at me thoughtfully. I guessed he was contemplating whether to tell me or not.

"I can't tell you where we're going, but I will give you clues. Be prepared mentally, physically, emotionally and musically."

I frowned. "Waeyo?"

He shrugged cutely, playfully, and just gave me a mysterious smile again. When the manager stopped the van, I looked out the window. We were at a mall. Son Dongwoon slid the door open, and jumped out happily. Then he turned to me and held out his arm towards me.

"Shall we?" He asked, giving me a charming smile.

I looped my arm through his and went out. We walked like that towards the mall. At first, no one gave us a second glance. But then, ladies started recognizing Son Dongwoon, and they started tailing us.

"Oh, Dongwoon!"

"Oppa!".

We walked through the mall and went up to the second level. We went to a jewelry shop. Son Dongwoon gave a sign to a worker, who immediately bowed and took something from under a counter. She passed it to him, and he gave it to me.

I took it cautiously. It was another heavy envelope with a long, rectanguler box.

"Open the box first," Son Dongwoon told me.

I did what he told me, and gasped. It was a diamond bracelet. Diamond! It was so gorgeous.

I looked up at Son Dongwoon. "This... what's this?"

He gestured for me to open the envelope next. I found another clear, glass block with a picture of me and Lee Gi Kwang. We were sleeping in a van, holding onto each other's hands. A red card came together with the ice block. It read:

To: My one and only,

  I hope you like the bracelet. I customized it myself. It's a present from me to you for this special day. Have you remembered what's today yet? I hope you will soon. Please follow to the next destination.
  P.S: I love you.
  Lee Gi Kwang.

I looked at Son Dongwoon. He smiled sweetly at me, put a hand at his front and back, then bowed to me.

"My work here is done. I'll pass you over to your next ."

Yang Yoseob appeared out of nowhere. He bowed to me the same way as Son Dongwoon had.

He gave me his cutest smile. "Are you ready, Lia? Put those things in your bag."

When the things had disappeared, Yang Yoseob held out his arm, and I took them. We went out of the shop. 

"Where are we going now?" I asked. I glanced around. "Where did Son Dongwoon go?" 

"Don't worry, L. You're going to enjoy today."

We went to the main floor where there were a lot of people crowding around a small stage. A guy had just finished singing a song. He bowed and went off stage. Another guy went up  the stage, holding a microphone and a paper in his hands. 

"Next up, is a duet between Yang Yoseob and Park Lia! Please give them around of applause!" The MC said.

A commotion broke out from the audience. They glanced about bewilderingly. I stood there, staring with my mouth a gap. What song were we going to sing? I didn't even know the lyrics yet!

Yang Yoseob turned to me with a cheeky smile. He took my bag from me and passed it to Son Dongwoon, who had suddenly reappeared beside us. What were these guys? Ninjas?! 

Then Yang Yoseob dragged me on stage, ing a microphone into my hand.

"Ya, Yang Yoseob. What are we doing? What song are we singing? I don't know anything!" I hissed at him.

He ignored me, that bastard! He turned to the audience and bowed. "Annyeonghasaeyo, everyone. I'm Yang Yoseob. Today, I want to sing a song with my bestfriend, Lia. And I want you all to watch us. Please give us a lot of support. The song we're going to sing is Though I call, by no other than my group, Beast."

There was a round of applause. 

A melody started playing out of the stereo. That song, sounded familiar. So, so familiar. I stared at Yang Yoseob, who had started singing. He was looking at me encouragingly. A painful prickling started in my brain. I touched the side of my head a little and frowned at Yang Yoseob. And then, the chorus came.

Immediately, a string of lyrics tickled into my brain. I also remembered a distinct image of Yang Yoseob, sitting on the passenger seat beside me. His hair was being blown away by the wind, and he was looking at me with a bright smile, singing this song. The background was on a highway at night. One more thing I remembered: Yoseobie. 

I started singing then. Yoseobie abruptly stopped and stared at me, stunned. I looked at him, still singing and gave him my familiar grin. A slow smile spread across his face, and tears filled his eyes. We sang the chorus like how we would.

Yoseobie: Ojik neon ma girl, girl tell me baby You're my girl, girl baby baby, Tteona kajima neol ilhgo shipji anha, Naegen neo hana ppunya...

Me: I'm still loving you, you, oh ma baby Only you, you baby, baby, Moreun cheok hajima, ireon nae sarangeul neon modu al janha... 

When the song finally ended, Yoseobie threw himself at me, and the audience broke into a loud applause. We hugged like we hadn't seen each other for years. Yoseob was crying and I cried a little too. 

"L! Oh, my god, L! I missed you," He sobbed into my shoulder. 

"Na do, Yoseobie. Na do."

We pulled apart and bowed to the audience. Then we went off stage quickly. Son Dongwoon gave me my bag. 

"What else did you remember?" He asked me. 

I shook my head slowly. "Only Yoseobie and in the car. And that song. I still can't remember Lee Gi Kwang and the others. Yet." 

"Gwaenchana. Soon, Lia. Soon." 

I looked at Yoseob, who was wiping his tears. "Don't cry anymore, Yoseobie. It makes me want to cry too."

"Mian. I'm just too happy." He wiped his tears again and looked at Son Dongwoon. They nodded to each other, then turned to me and bowed. "We'll have to leave you now. Your next is here to take you to your next destination." 

I scowled. Jang Hyun Seung appeared. He nudged Yoseobie.

"Oh, yeah!" Yoseob took out something from inside his jacket pocket and gave it to me. It was another envelope.

The picture was of me, strumming on the guitar in the living room. Smiling and gazing into the camera. I could only guess that Lee Gi Kwang had took the picture, because of the way I was looking into the camera.

The card read:

Love,

  Did you enjoy the performance? It must have been fun, seeing how you're smiling so brightly. I recalled what you told me once, that you like to sing in front of an audience. So I arranged this for you and your bestfriend, Yoseobie.
  P.S: In that picture, you looked so cool. Holding onto the guitar like that. I took it, you know.
  P.P.S: I love you.
  Lee Gi Kwang.

Jang Hyun Seung bowed to me and held out his arm. I took it. Yoseob and Son Dongwoon had completely disappeared. Jang Hyun Seung led us out of the mall. By now, many fans were following wherever we were going. 

"Can I asked you something?" I asked Jang Hyun Seung. 

"Sure."

"Are all of you Beast secretly ninjas?" 

He laughed out right. We suddenly came to a stop at a corner of a street. There was already a small crowd gathered. Music could be heard.

"Move aside, please," Jang Hyun Seung ordered politely. The crowd moved for us to pass through. 

At the center, two boys were break-dancing. Lucas pushed his way into my mind and my heart hurt. He loved this kind of thing, street dancing. I wished he was here right now, with me. We'd crash the crowd and started dancing like .

A hand grabbed my arm and pulled me to the center. I frowned at Jang Hyun Seung. He put my bag down at the side and faced me. 

"I'm challenging you to a dance battle, Lia." He grinned. "Music please."

And then he started dancing freestyle. He was good. Really good, actually. I couldn't just walk away, could I? The crowd had blocked my way out. So I stared at him, memorizing his moves and trying to find holes to kill his points. The things Lucas had told me, advised me, came into my head. And I used them to murder Jang Hyun Seung's beat. He was startled, but then grinned and started challenging me again. I heard cheers from the crowd that sounded like Yoseobie and Son Dongwoon. 

I was sweating and breathing hard when Jang Hyun Seung finally called it off and admitted defeat. Yoseobie ran to me and hugged me, twirling in circles. I laughed. I thought I caught a glimpse of Lee Gi Kwang, but when I looked again, he wasn't there.

"Okay! Okay!" Jang Hyun Seung was trying to control the crowd, his hands up. "And now, there's a special, free performance for you all. Presenting our good friend G.NA!"

A hot, gorgeous woman walked through the crowd to the center. The crowd went wild. The woman smiled at me.

"Hi, Lia!" She said. "Will you dance with me? I don't think you remember my dance moves, but it's okay. If I show you, I think some of it will come back to you." 

I looked at her, appalled. What did she want me to do? 

"It's okay, L. Just watch first," Yoseobie reassured me.

She started dancing to a song that sounded familiar. I watched. Son Dongwoon and Jang Hyun Seung were dancing along with her. Yoseobie was beside me. Halfway through the song, he pulled me into the group and we started dancing. To my surprise, my body moved on its own, doing G.NA's dance moves exactly. I didn't even memorize properly the dance moves, but how did I know this? 

"You're doing it, Lia! You're remembering!" G.NA cried.

I looked at her, and an image lodged itself in my head. G.NA, wearing a y dress. Dancing on stage in front of me. A big audience watching us. It looked like we were in a big hall. G.NA's fans were chanting her name. Lights, many people around, G.NA, singing. Beast at the side stage, watching me. Lee Gi Kwang... 

"Lia?" Yoseobie called.

I looked up, and realized I had stopped dancing. G.NA was in front of me, looking at me worriedly. 

"Unnie," I said.

Her eyes widened. "Lia?"

I nodded and smiled at her. "Unnie." 

"Lia!" She threw herself at me like how Yoseob had. "Lia! Hahaha! Lia!" She was laughing and crying at the same time. 

"Unnie, waeguerae?! Don't cry." I hugged her back. 

"You remembered me! It's a miracle!"

When we pulled apart, Jang Hyun Seung asked me what I remember. I told them everything. 

"Anything else?" Son Dongwoon asked hopefully.

I shook my head sadly. "Just that I really didn't want to dance at that time. Someone had forced me. I can't remember who, though." 

"Gwaenchana, Lia-ah. This is a great progress. It'll come back to you soon," Jang Hyun Seung told me. "Ah! Before I forget, here you go."

He gave me an envelope again. This time, it was a picture of me dancing on stage with G.NA. I was in the act of turning. The effects in the picture, with the spotlights and my hair, made the picture looked good. 

The red card read:

Hey amazing dancer,
    You're the best dancer I've ever seen. I'm not lying. It really is the truth. You can ask the others if you don't believe me. When I first asked you if you dance, you said you didn't do it anymore. I don't want that, because I know you love dancing as much as I do. I don't want you to stop. That's why I put you through that street dancing. You're having fun, aren't you? I hope you do. I'm sorry if you aren't.
  P.S: I Love you.
  Lee Gi Kwang.

I looked up at the others. "Where is Lee Gi Kwang? Why isn't he with us?"

Leader Doojoon and Yong Junhyung were suddenly there with us, and G.NA had mysteriously disappeared. 

"Seriously, where did you guys learn the Ninja moves?" I asked.

 They laughed. I was asking seriously! 

"Ani," Leader said. "You can't see Gi Kwang right now. Later." 

"Lia, Kaja. We need to go somewhere else," Yong Junhyung said. 

"Where to now?" I asked but didn't move.

I guessed I was taking too much time, because they suddenly hooked their arms around mine on either side of me and practically carried me to the van. Manager drove out of the mall's carpark. 

"Where are we going? And why can't I see Lee Gi Kwang now?" I kept bombarding them with questions. 

"Lia-ah, patience please. You'll know soon enough," Leader told me.

I sighed and sat back in my seat in defeat. The van stopped outside of a two storey building. Yong Junhyung opened the door and we went out. Then he pulled me to the building. A lady approached us once we were inside what looked like a salon. 

"Annyeonghaseayo, Noona," Leader greeted her. 

"Annyeong Doojoon-shii, Junhyung-shii." She eyed me from head to bottom. "Annyeong. Is she the one? Lia-shii?" 

"Ne, noona. Please take good care of her," Yong Junhyung said. 

"Ne, arasso. Don't worry." She suddenly grabbed the upper part of my arm. "Please follow me, Lia-shii. We're going to have so much fun today." 

"Uh." I glanced back at Leader and Yong Junhyung bewilderingly. They just waved happily back at me. 

The lady ran her fingers through my long black hair. "Omo! Your hair is so lovely! Just a little highlights would bring out your hazel eyes." She looked at my body next, her eyes zeroing on my s. I had this wild urge to cover them. "Hmm... they are a little too small for my taste." 

"Mwo?!" I exclaimed, appalled. "I like it just fine, thank you very much."

It was like she hadn't heard me. "Gwaenchana, I know just the thing."

She forced me to shower first, since I had been sweating when I danced just now. After that they put me on a chair and started washing my hair. Then they did something to my hair that took forever to be done. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the chair. When I woke up, my hair was still in some kind of a helmet that was hovering above my head. I looked into the mirror and saw Leader and Yong Junhyung sitting on the sofa behind me, playing with their phones. 

They looked up and caught me staring.

"Oh, Lia. You're awake. Good. I can give you your lunch now." Leader took something beside him and went to me. He placed a rectangular styrofoam on my lap and opened the cover.
  I was suddenly so, so hungry. I picked up the spoon and started eating slowly.

"Why am I doing this?" I asked them in between eating. 

"We can't tell you. Mian. Gi Kwang's orders," Yong Junhyung said.

I sighed. After my late lunch, my hair was ready. I looked into the mirror and was surprised to see my new hair. They looked totally different. They trimed it a little, and put a bright blond highlights. I kind of liked it.

Leader Dojoon, Yong Junhyung and that same unnie brought me to a room that was full of dresses, shoes and accessories. Leader and Yong Junhyung started grabbing dresses that was too y (and frankly? Inappropriate for any situation) and ed them in my hands. My eyes bulged out, looking from them to the clothes in my hands. They kept grabbing without even a glance at me. 

"YA!" I screamed. 

That was when they burst out laughing. 

Unnie was shaking her head, amused. "That's enough, boys. Let me take care of this."

Yong Junhyung came up to me. "Lia, wear this for me once, please?"

I looked down at the dress he was holding and my anger flared up. It was barely a dress, really. Just a cloth covering the private parts and exposing the rest. I glared at him. "Jugule?" 

He was trying so hard not to snicker. "Ah, weayo? I just wanna see how good you look." 

"Jugoshippo?"

I was seriously going to kick his then. Yoon Doojoon came just in time to drag him away from me.  

After trying on about a hundred dresses, with unnie, Leader and Yong Junhyung sending me back to the dressing room with their shaking heads, they'd finally found a suitable dress for me. 

"Yes, yes! Omo, yes! Green definitely is for you, darling," Unnie thrilled.

I was wearing a gorgeous long bright green dress that swept the floor. The dress wasn't that y, but it gripped my body tightly. 

"I have to agree. It brings out your eyes," Leader said. 

"Okay! Now, let's do your make-up and last minute touch ups," Unnie said. She turned to the two guys. "You two, shoo! Go where you have to be."

They started walking out.

"Mwo? Wait— where are you guys going?" I asked, a little panicking. 

Yong Junhyung snapped his fingers and turned to me. "I almost forgot! Take this. From Gi Kwang."

I took the thick envelope. "Where are you guys going?" 

Leader was about to ruffle my hair, but was stopped by unnie. He slowly pulled back his hand away from my hair. 

"Don't worry, Lia-ah. You're in good hands," he said. "Go ahead and open that envelope." 

I narrowed my eyes. "You're going ninja on me again, aren't you?" 

They chuckled.

I sighed and opened the envelope. The picture was of Lee Gi Kwang and me, holding onto each other at our home's balcony. My hands were wrapped around his neck and my head fell back, hair tumbling down my back. Lee Gi Kwang had his arms around my waist and he was watching me with a look so intense, it made my stomach squimish just by looking at it now.

To: The most beautiful girl in the world,

  I can't wait to see you. You must be so beautiful. Please don't worry, gorgeous. Manager hyung will send you to your next destination. I'll be waiting for you. We'll finally be reunited there.
 

Love, Lee Gi Kwang.