Chapter 11

My husband, the babokwang!

>Lia<

I woke up alone on the sofa the next morning. I rubbed my eyes, and suddenly remembered the time.

My eyes frantically searched for the clock. "Oh, Hell. I'm late for work. Should I just call in sick?"

I did exactly that. After I hung up, I plopped back down the sofa. I didn't forget about what happened last night. Oh, I would never forget. The smile that spread across my face then couldn't be help.

The waist where he touched me, where his arm had wrapped around me, I could feel a tingling sensation.

"Waahh... Lee Gi Kwang. You make a drastic change. I'm not even sure if that was real or I dreamt it." I shook my head.

After I had enough of recalling last night's event, I got up and headed towards the kitchen. I wanted to make coffee but stopped when I realized that the coffee maker had already brewed some coffee. A small sticker note was pasted at the top.

Gi Kwang-goon wrote: Enjoy >.<

I took the paper and smiled to myself. So, I didn't dream last night.

As I drank the coffee Gi Kwang-goon had made for me, I strolled dreamily to the living room, still holding onto the sticker note. I paused at the table, and saw some money with another sticker note on it.

This time, he wrote: Grocery money. Please cook us more delicious food.

"Where did all his sweetness come from?" I asked myself, grinning.

If he kept this up, I might actually fall for him.

There was a text from Yoseobie; L, Gwaenchana? I was worried about you yesterday.

I replied; I'm alright. Don't need to worry about me. Everything's fine now.

Thanks to Gi Kwang-goon, I guessed. He caught me before I could fall into the darkness.

My phone beeped again, indicating that I got a text. Yoseobie must have replied. I opened it and read,

GARFIIIIEEEEELD !

Wait, what? Since when did Yoseobie call me Garfield?

I looked again at the text and realized it was actually from Gi Kwang-goon.

I replied; What do you want, Gi Kwang-goon?

Him: Did you get the money?

Me: I did.

Him: Good. Go buy the groceries. I want you to make a really big feast tonight.

I bristled and replied; Waeyo? Sireo. I want to rest today.

Him: Garfield braaaa~ Your pride is in my hands.

"Argh! This coffee stealer pyeontae."

Me: Arasso. Arasso. I'll do it. Ya, you better delete that message. If someone read it and find out about Garfield, you're dead!

Him: Nobody's going to read it and find out.

Me: What makes you so sure?

Him: Nobody dares to touch this phone, because its Lee Gi Kwang's.

I rolled my eyes and didn't reply. He was back to his old self. But I didn't feel angry at him like I used to. In fact, I felt a smile spreading across my face.

During dinner, Doojoon told me, "Lia, we're having a concert next month. Together with 4minute and G.NA. The kids and I want you to come watch."

"I didn't say I want her to come watch," Gi Kwang-goon muttered.

We ignored him.

"Will you?" Yoseobie looked at me hopefully.

"It's going to be fun, I promise," Junhyung chimed in.

Gi Kwang-goon was scowling at him. "Ya! How can you just make a petty promise with Garfield?"

"That's my business," he shot back.

"I'll go if it's free," I said, grinning.

"Yaaaa.." Doojoon sighed, frowning at me.

"I'll buy the ticket for you," Yoseobie quickly said. "I'll get you a backstage pass too."

"Okay! I'll go then."

The day of the concert, I went backstage to wish all of them luck before the concert start. The manager asked me to wait in a small room for them. While I was waiting, the door opened again and a beautiful girl walked in.

"Hello." She bowed to me.

I bowed back.

"Who are you waiting for? 4minute, G.NA, or Beast?" She asked, making small talk as we waited.

"Beast," I answered. "What about you?"

Her eyes widened a little. "Beast too. Which one of them is your boyfriend?"

"What?" I stared at her. Did I hear her right? "No, no, no. You've misunderstood. None of them is my boyfriend. I'm just their good friend."

"All six of them?"

I hesitated, then nodded. "You can say that." I looked at her again. "You're...?"

She smiled at me. "I'm Junhyung's girlfriend."

"Oh!" I cried. "You're Goo HaRa?"

"Ne."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know."

The door opened.

"Lia-ah." Yoseobie walked in alone, smiling brightly at me.

"Ouh, Yoseobie."

Then he saw Hara. "Oh, Hara. You're here too?"

"Ne. I'm here to see Junhyung."

"Of course," Yoseobie said. He saw the backstage pass I was holding onto and took it from me. "You're supposed to wear it around your neck, L." He slipped it over my head to my shoulders, around my neck. And then helped me pulled my long hair out of the strap. His fingers lingered on my hair for just a second longer. "Let's go to the dressing room so that you can meet 4minute and G.NA. Hara, no do, Kaja."

We went to Beast's dressing room. When we stepped in, we were greeted warmly by Beast— except for Gi Kwang-goon, of course.

"Oh, Lia-ah, Hara, wassao?" Doojoon greeted.

"Lia-ah. I thought you'll never come," Dongwoon said.

"I've promised to come. I don't break promises," I said.

"Did you bring something for us?" Hyun Seung asked me.

"Of course. I brought chocolates," I said.

Hara and Junhyung were talking to each other. And then, he pulled her to me and said, "I'll introduce you two properly. Hara, this is Lia. Our Maid/chef/neighbor. Lia, this is Hara, my girlfriend."

"Waah, you're all three of the above?" Hara laughed.

I shrugged. "That's how unfortunate my life is."

"Ya! What do you mean unfortunate?" Junhyung said.

At that moment six beautiful ladies barged in, wearing pretty dresses.

"Ah, L. This is 4minute and G.NA," Yoseobie told me.

We greeted each other. When Yoseobie introduced me to them, he said exactly the same thing as what Junhyung said.

"Lia is our maid/chef/neighbor."

"Sinjaro?" One of the 4 minute members asked. Gayoon, I thought.

"Ne." I could only nod. I guessed Beast had already thought of how to introduce me to the others without them suspecting anything. They made small talk with me. G.NA was an adorable, nice lady. She told me to call her unnie. 4minute was nice too. Even though I didn't catch most of their names.

"G.NAG.NA!" The door banged open, making everybody jumped. An older guy ran in.

G.NA turned around. "Oh, what's wrong, oppa?" 

Everyone was watching him.

He panted for awhile, before saying, "We're short of one dancer for the concert. One of them just broke her ankle. Eottoke? We desperately need at least four dancers."

"How much do we have now?" she asked.

"Three. Eotteke, G.NA-ah?"

"Oppa, you're the manager. Isn't this your job to find another dancer? Why are you asking me?"

"I also don't know what to do. Aigoo... Where are we going to find a new dancer that can learn your dances within a few hours? Eottoke? Eottokaji? Aigoo..."

I pitied the manager.

"Shouldn't you have a backup dancer?" Doojoon asked.

The manager's eyes brightened for just a second before dimming again. "The one that broke her leg is the backup! The original girl fall sick."

A hand suddenly grabbed my upper arm and dragged me to the manager.

"I've found you a backup dancer," Gi Kwang-goon announced.

I stared at him in shock. "Gi Kwang-ah. What are you doing?" I tried to pull my arm free but he wouldn't let go.

He looked into my eyes and said softly. "You told me once, that you dance."

"B-but, I don't dance anymore. You know that."

He turned to the manager. "She'll do it."

"Thank god! Thank god!" The manager cried and took me from Gi Kwang-goon.

"Wait. Wait!" Nobody heard me. The manager started dragging me out of the room as he made plans with G.NA. I turned to look back at Gi Kwang-goon. "Jebal. Don't do this to me."

He didn't do anything except looked away.