Chapter 7

My husband, the babokwang!

 °Yoseob°

Lia tweeted; Driving me crazy. Need some space. Going jamming.

I sighed. She must meant Gi Kwang was driving her crazy. What had happened next door?

"Yoseob-ah. Are you ready? We need to go to the salon now," Doojoon called from the living room.

"Arasso. I'm coming." I went out and joined the others.

As I was wearing my shoes, Gi Kwang stepped out of Lia's apartment. He looked kind of pissed off, but when he saw me, his eyes brightened a little.

"You're here ah, Yoseob," He stated the obvious.

"Hm. Where else would I be? We have a schedule today, right?"

"Oh, yeah. Maja." Then he smiled to himself like some pabo.

Junhyung threw his arm around Gi Kwang's shoulders. "Ya, Gi Kwang-ah. You look so happy. Did something happen last night? Huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows at Gi Kwang suggestively.

My heart stopped for a moment.

"What? You mean with that Garfield?" He snorted. "Yeah, something DID happen last night."

"Garfield?" Hyun seung cocked his head to the side, confused. He was not the only one.

"What? What? What happened?" Junhyung asked eagerly.

Gi kwang looked at him. "I threw her out of her room."

"Mworago?!" I exclaimed, jumping up to my feet.

He laughed. "I wanted her room, which was the master bedroom. So I threw her out." He laughed again, smacking his thigh.

I scowled at him.

"Aigoo, this pabo. He HAD to embarrass us," Doojoon muttered under his breath.

"Kendae, hyung, why did you give her a nickname of a fat cat?" Dongwoon asked as the kids and I piled into the elevator.

Gi Kwang had that secret smile again. "That's between me and Garfield."

"That's all you're going to give us?" Junhyung asked, a little disappointed.

"What? Is she as lazy as Garfield?" Hyun seung guessed.

"Ani," Gi Kwang said, grinning.

"Ya, kids. Why are you guys so busy body about someone else's marriage? Don't ask any question." Doojoon chastised.

"This is not busy body ah, Leader. This is concern," Junhyung replied, his face masked an innocent look.

"Huh. Concern my foot."

We laughed. I desperately wanted to know what else happened last night and this morning. But it seemed like Gi Kwang was not going to spill. I would ask Lia later then.

 >Lia<

I parked my car in front of the jamming studio. Beside it, there was a guitar shop. When Yosoebie showed me around, we had passed this place, and I had remembered the location by heart. For times like this, I needed to vent my frustration by strumming hard on my guitar. Its been awhile since I touch my guitar. I missed it, a lot.

I got out of the car, gazing up at the jamming studio. The building was not that big, average maybe. At the corner of my eye, something red winked at me in the guitar shop. I looked over and saw a really gorgeous electric guitar that was being displayed. It reminded me of my previous electric guitar. The one that my dad smashed.

Staring at the gorgeous red electric guitar adorably, I couldn't help it. I grabbed my guitar from inside my car, locked the car before trudging to the shop.

The shop door made a cling sound when I opened it. It was empty except for the owner of the shop at the cashier and thousands other Guitars. The owner looked up and smiled at me. I did not go to him first, but stopped in front of the red electric guitar and admired it. It was not the latest guitar trend. In fact, it was one of the oldest version. But it was gorgeous.

"You like that, uh?" A voice said from behind me.

I turned around to look at the owner. He was in his mid forties, maybe, wearing a spectacle. "Yeah. How old is this?" I asked.

"1975. The oldest here in this store."

"Wow." I stared at the guitar again, awestruck. I wanted it. I really, really wanted it. Should I buy it? But I did not have any big cash with me right now. Would the owner take credit card?

"How much is this?" I asked.

"225000 won. If you really want it, I could give you a discount."

Oh, damn. It was that expensive? But I really, really loved it. Oh, man! Should I buy it? Aah! I was going crazy contemplating right then.

"Do you want to have a go with it?" The owner asked me.

I was sure my face lit up like a christmas tree right then. "Can I?"

The owner smiled warmly at me. "Of course." I liked him already.

He carried it down from the display window, and gestured me to follow him to the cashier, where there was a few chairs in front of it. The cashier was actually a really long counter with cabinets below. He plugged it into an amplifier and turned the guitar on.

I put down my guitar, and sat down on one of the chairs. Remembering my long untied hair, I started collecting them into a ponytail before realizing I did not have a hair band. 

The owner waited patiently for me. "What's wrong?" He asked.

"I don't have a hair band." I chewed on my lips and saw a pair of drum stick on the counter. "Can I borrow one of the drum stick?"

He frowned but nodded.

"It's not for sale, isit?" I asked.

"It's mine. Are you using that to tie your hair?" He asked me, appalled.

"Yup. Do you mind?" He shook his head. "Thank you."

I tied my hair in a bun with only a drum stick to keep it together. When I was done, the owner then placed the red electric guitar in my hands and I put on the strap so that I wouldn't drop the electric guitar. I couldn't believe I was holding it right then.

"Oh my god," I breathed, running my fingers on it. And then, I tried out the strings, plucking each and everyone of them. It was out of tuned.

The door clinged open again, bringing in a cool breeze. I did not even look up to see who had came in. That was how obsessed I was with the electric guitar.

"Do you want a tuner to tune the guitar?" The owner asked me.

I shook my head without looking up. "I don't need a tuner for that. Thank you." And then I started tuning the guitar using my ears. By then, I was in my own world.

"Ah, Yonghwa-ah," the owner said. Distantly, I was aware that there was someone else with us right now. But I couldn't make myself to look up.

"Oh, shin yoong-ah," the other person said. He kind of drawled out his words.

"Why are you here? Do you need to change strings again?"

"Why else would I be here?" Something knocked against the table. "Who's this?"

"Her? My customer. She's in love with that electric guitar. She was all worshipping it. It's cute." The owner chuckled.

By then, I had tuned the guitar and started strumming. Gi kwang-goon came to mind, and my hand moved in a quick, hard, angry all on its own. I did not even think of the melody and rhythms. It came on its own too, turning the random strumming into a song. The electric sound filled up the whole shop.

I ended it with a nice touch of vibrato. Sighing, I hugged the electric guitar. I had decided. I was going to buy it!

Looking up to ask how much discount would I get, my eyes fell on a young namja in a casual t-shirt and jeans that fit him perfectly. He was good looking, watching me silently while the owner, Shin yoong, was changing the strings of a guitar.

I stared right back at him. "What?" I said.

"What's your name, kid?" He asked. Kid? Who was he calling a kid?

"Kid?" I said, my voice flat.

"You look like you're seventeen," he said bluntly.

"Mworago? Ya, I'm twenty, okay."

"Huh. Still, You should call me oppa."

I stared at him, bewildered. Then I turned to the owner. "Who the hell is this guy?"

"He's Jong Yonghwa," the owner replied. And then both guys looked at me, waiting.

After awhile, I said confusingly, "Am I supposed to recognize that name?"

"You don't know who he is?" The owner asked, appalled.

"He's Jong Yonghwa," I said.

"And?" He pressed. Yonghwa was giving me a look.

I frowned. "And what?"

"Waah, sinja. This is the first time my customer doesn't know who you are," the owner told Yonghwa. "Your popularity must be shrinking." He laughed at his own joke.

Yonghwa scowled at Shin yoong before turning to me. "You really don't know me?"

I sighed. "I just met you. I'm buying this electric guitar. Do you take credit card?"

The owner nodded. "I'll give you a discount."

I smiled at the owner. "Thank you."

I took out my card and passed him that and the guitar.

"Are you going jamming next door?" Yonghwa asked me.

I nodded.

"Let's go together with oppa then," he said.

"You don't even know me. Why would you want to go with me?"

"Just because."

"Sireo."

"Waeyo?"

"Just because."

He watched me, a small smile on his lips.

"I like you, kid. And I don't even know your name."

"If you keep calling me kid, I'll never tell you my name."

Shin Yoong came back and gave my card and my new guitar in a guitar case.

"Thank you, Shin Yoong."

"You're most welcome. Treasure that electric guitar, miss—?"

I looked at Yonghwa and said, "Lia. My name's Lia."

"Oh. Alright, miss Lia."

"I'll be going then." I smiled and started to go but Yonghwa grabbed my wrist when I passed him, halting me just inches from him.

I scowled. "I told you. I don't want to go with you."

He gave me a lopsided smile. "I know. I only want this." He reached up to my head, and pulled out the drum stick from my hair.

That. Was. Embarrassing. I could feel my cheeks turning red. I quickly bowed and said, "Oh, thank you." Then I got the hell out of there as fast as I could.