Chapter 14

My husband, the babokwang!

•Gi Kwang•

"Why aren't this Garfield and Yoseob back yet?" I paced in front of the elevator. It was already 1 in the morning. Where were they?

The elevator dinged, and I looked up. It stopped at this level. That must be them. I acted like I had just came out of Beast's apartment and was heading to our apartment.

They came out of the elevator laughing hard. It was the kind of laugh that you had with your bestfriend. A spark of irrational anger lit up within me.

"Ya! Where have you been?" I asked harshly.

They stopped laughing immediately.

"We went for a drive after taking the stuff from Lia's friend," Yoseob said. "Were you waiting up for us?"

"No," I lied. "I was just going to bed."

Garfield looked down. What did that mean?

I strode to our apartment and went inside. Instead of going straight to my room, I sat down on the sofa, waiting for Garfield.

When she finally came in, she didn't even acknowledge me, going straight to her room.

I stood up. "Lia."

She spun around.

"I don't want you to see Yoseob like that again."

She frowned. "Why?"

"It's not good for both of you. I could already see that Yoseob is falling for you. You should stop giving him false hope."

"What?" She said, bewildered. "I wasn't giving him hope."

"You did. You just didn't realize it. You have to stop talking and texting him."

She was frustrated now. "I can't just stop talking to him or texting him without reason."

"The reason is because your husband doesn't allow it," I said. I was fully aware of what I said.

She stared hard at me. "I told you not to force me to do something I don't want. Even if you think you're helping me."

"And you said I never listened to you. I'm not listening now."

"Gi Kwang, please. Yoseob is one of the few good friends I have here. Please don't make me do this."

I gritted my teeth. "Mwo? You're not willing to stop your friendship with Yoseob but you let our friendship ruin just like that." 

She closed her eyes and pinched the bridge between her eyes. "Fine. I'll stop. I'll do whatever you want me to."

Then she whirled around and stalked off to her room. I should feel satisfied right? But why was I angrier? Why was I feeling guilty? Argh!

>Lia<

Yoseobie texted me the next morning. I couldn't reply because Gi Kwang-goon wouldn't allow me. How was I to avoid talking to Yoseob? I was sure to bump into him sooner or later. I couldn't just ignore him and walk away. He would be so confuse and hurt. I couldn't stand the hurt look he was sure to give me.

That was why I decided to pack up, and camp at my office. Since that company was my Keomonim and Sahnchom's, I was the boss there. I got my own office. But I was only twenty? Yeah, that was how unfair the world was now.

I only texted Yoseobie once, telling him that I couldn't cook for Beast this few days because I had a big project coming and I wouldn't be able to come home. I also told him that I was going to be busy this few days so I wouldn't be able to reply his text. I didn't know how long I could last with this lie. I was just going to roll with it.

°Yoseob°

Something was amissed with Lia. She abruptly left and wouldn't come home from work. She wouldn't reply my text either. She only told me that she wouldn't be able to cook for Beast for a few days because of some project. I didn't think it was because of some project. I think it was because of one pabo named Lee Gi Kwang. I didn't know what happened that made Lia avoid me and the kids. I wanted to go to her work place and bring her home. But Doojoon wouldn't allow me. He too, thought that Lia was avoiding us.

"Lia is Gi Kwang's wife, Yoseob-ah. Don't get involve."

So I couldn't do anything.

•Gi Kwang

Dongwoon threw his chopsticks in the bowl, his ramen noodle wasn't touched at all. "Gi Kwang hyung, what did you do to Lia?" He asked me angrily. "Why isn't she coming home? I miss her." He wasn't the only one. He pouted. "And I can't stand eating fast food and ramen anymore."

I didn't answer, instead I ate my ramen. I was sick of ramen too.

"Dongwoon-ah, don't be like that. Lia said she has a big project to settle. We can't be the reason why she can't finish her project," Doojoon adviced.

"You can't expect her to dedicate her life to Beast. She has a life too, you know," Yoseob added.

"But what kind of project won't allow her to come home for five days?" Junhyung complained. "That doesn't make sense."

"She must be sulking," Hyun Seung said. "Gi Kwang-ah, what have you done?"

"Ya, Hyun Seung, don't be a busy body. That's their marriage," Doojoon chastised.

"Fine. I don't need to know what happened." Hyun Seung suddenly stood up and grabbed my shirt. He pulled me up and dragged me to the door. The kids followed right behind us.

"Ya. Hyun Seung, what are you doing to me?" I asked.

"Since you are too pabo, I'll tell you what you are going to do to fix this." He pressed the elevator button. "You are going to her work place and bring her home right now!" He shoved me into the elevator. "I'll call the manager hyung and ask him to send you."

Junhyung patted Hyun Seung's shoulders in satisfaction. "Yaaaa... Our pretty Hyun Seung finally manned up."

I didn't object, because I wanted to bring her home too.

When manager hyung dropped me off at Lia's office, I pushed my hood up. I saw Garfield's car parked at the side and trudged up the stairs to the building.

I looked around the 11th floor. There was no one around except for a lady sitting on one of the desk. I knew where Lia's office was, but I came up to the lady anyway.

"Excuse me," I said. "Do you know Park Lia?"

She smiled at me. "Yes, she is our boss. How can I help you?"

"Ermm.. Is she having a big project or something?"

She frowned. "Big project? No. The lastest big project was over a week ago."

I thanked her and went to Lia's office. I was sure now that she was avoiding Yoseob. This was her way of not talking to him.

I knocked on the door.

"Yeah, come in."

I opened it. Lia was talking on the phone while hanging her clothes, leaning against the front of her desk. Her long legs crossed. She was wearing a black skirt and white shirt. She looked hot. There was a few clothes hung at the back of the door and on the sofa. She looked up and saw me.

"I'll call you back," she said into the phone and hung up. She looked at me. "May I help you?"

I looked at her face for a long time. I missed her, I missed that face so much.

"You come here to just look at me?" She asked.

"Ani," I said. "I come here to bring you home."

She stared at me. And then she stood up and went behind her desk. "I can't come home. I have a lot of work to do."

I stood in front of her desk. "You don't need to lie to me. I know everything."

She stopped trying to look busy on the desk and went to the sofa then, grabbing the clothes and hangers. She was avoiding me. I stood in front of her, took the clothes out of her hands and tossed them back on the sofa. She looked at me, bewildered. I took a step closer, and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry." Then I pulled her gently into my arms. She went along as if in shock.

"I missed you," I told her. "Beast missed you too. Come home, Lia-ah."

"I can't," She whispered. "If I come home, I don't know how not to talk to Yoseob."

I caressed her hair. "It's okay. I won't forbid you from talking to Yoseob anymore. You can talk as much to him as you want. But on one condition."

She pulled back a little to look at me. "What is it?"

"You have to fight for the coffee maker with me every morning and the remote control everynight. You have to ask me how my day went everyday. And," I paused. "The most important thing. You have to tell me that you missed me too."

She smiled a little. "That's more than one condition." When I grimaced, she grinned. "Arasso. I missed you too, Gi Kwang-goon. More than you know."

My heart warmed and I pulled her to me again. She hugged me back. I liked how she felt in my arms.

"Let's go home," She said.