Chapter 38

My husband, the babokwang!

•Gi Kwang•

"If your girlfriend cheated on you, what would you do?"

Doojoon laughed a little. "Which fan is asking me this?"

The MC laughed too as she reread the paper in her hand. "She or he didn't state his or her name."

Doojoon said something in reply.

I wasn't really listening. I was holding onto my phone under the table, browsing through pictures of Lia and me. I wasn't supposed to take out my phone during a show. But what the heck. I missed Lia so much. I wanted to see her face. In this situation, I had to make do with pictures.

There were a few pictures I really liked. The one that Dongwoon took; we were on vacation with the kids to celebrate my birthday. The picture was taken at the beach, in the sea. Lia had her legs wrapped around my waist and her arms around my neck. I had my hands around her waist. We were looking at each other, laughing hard. The wave was just about to hit our hips. I remembered it was the day after I brought her to the swimming pool. We were having so much fun then, laughing and playing with the kids. The way she was looking at me in that picture, I wanted her to look at me like that again.

But would she ever, now? Or was I willing to let her go, after what we'd been through together?

There was another picture of me and her that I liked. It was a picture of us sitting side by side in the van. We were sleeping. Lia's head was on my shoulder and my head rested on top of hers. Our hands in between our laps were tightly intertwined. We wore a couple knit hat. The picture was really adorable.

Then, there were the private pictures. Pictures of us kissing. Just kissing, not more than that. I was not a pyeontae, okay? Besides, every couple had this kind of pictures.

Gazing at it longingly, I remembered insisting on taking a picture of us kissing. Convincing Lia that if I looked at this picture, I would remember how her kisses felt like. She kept laughing about that. It was true. When I looked at how our lips met, I remembered her kisses. Lia was an amazing kisser. I wasn't saying this because I loved her and I was biased. She really was an amazing kisser. I wondered how she knew how to kiss like that.

"The next question is for Lee Gi Kwang." The MC said my name.

I looked up from my phone and forced a painful smile to the audience.

"This is what a fan asked: if the love of your life couldn't remember you at all because she had amnesia, what would you do?"

I froze. The kids on either side of me stiffened too. That question hit too close to home. Was it possible that someone knew about us? Spying on us?

I recovered quickly and dismissed it as coincidence. "She couldn't remember me because she had amnesia?"

"That is correct."

"Hmm..." I turned thoughtful. Really, seriously pondering on this question. It was not only a question from a fan. It was a question for myself too. The kids watched me expectantly.

And then, my mouth answered what my brain was slow to catch. "Instead of waiting for her to remember me, I would make her fall for me all over again."

Oh, my god. That's it. That's the answer!

"Even if we had to start from scratch, I would do it. If I really loved her, I would make her fall for me all over again."

And that was what I was going to do from now on. Make Lia fall for me again instead of waiting for her to remember me! My mood suddenly lifted.

"Oooohhh! That's a really good answer, Lee Gi Kwang," The MC said.

I glanced at my members excitedly, and saw them smiling encouragingly at me. They knew that what I said, was literal. And I knew they would help me.

>Lia<

The fifth bunch of flowers in five consecutive days. Tulips. Not many people knew this but, tulips stood for love.

I guessed I told Lee Gi Kwang this before, because he kept sending tulips everyday. Every time I woke up in the morning, I would see the flower at the side of my bed with a small card.

The first time he sent me the flowers, he wrote on the card:

   To: My one and only baby girl,
 Mianhae. I know you're angry at me. Chongmal mianhae. Please wait for me to come back. Saranghae.
​​

The​​​​​ second card read:

I miss you. I'm coming back to you soon. Wait for me. Saranghae.

The third: Soon. Very soon. Saranghae.

It wasn't like I had never experienced this before. Lots of guys gave me this kind of things before. But why did my heart fluttered this time? Why did I feel flustered whenever I read his cards?

The sixth time the flowers arrived, it came with the sender himself. Lee Gi Kwang gave me his sweetest smile and put the flowers in my hands.

He sat in front of me and said, "Hey, beautiful. I missed you. Did you miss me?"

I was a little startled, so I just nodded, staring at his bright, pretty face.

He smiled and caressed my hair. "The doctor said you can walk properly already. Hell, you can run now. He said it's a miracle how you can already do all those things. You have a really strong will to recover."

I just nodded. What was I supposed to say to that? That I didn't want to be a burden to anyone and that was why I was trying to recover as quickly as I could? Instead, I asked, "How was your tour? Was it so fun that you forgot about me?"

His lips parted, and he gave me a wide puppy dog eyes with pouting lips. What, he was hurt with my statement? Or was it the tone that I used?

"You haven't forgiven me?" He asked softly.

I folded my arms. "You think flowers can fix everything? I want explanations."

He was still giving me that look. Damn that look! How dared he looked so hurt like that when he did something wrong!

"Mianhae. I did visit you that night. But you were already asleep. And since Michael was there... I didn't want to disturb you two."

My stomach dropped four stories. He saw that? He must have! Oh, damn it! He must have misunderstood it too.

I cleared my throat a little. "You should have woken me up. Or come back the next day."

He sighed, and then, to my surprise, leaned forward and rested his forehead against mine.

"I know," he murmured, his voice low and y. I shivered a little. "And I'm sorry I hurt you. I was just, so angry. I wasn't thinking straight." He caressed my cheek. "Will you forgive me?"

How could I not? I nodded slowly, and he smiled a little.

•Gi Kwang• 

Since she could already walk properly, the doctor allowed Lia to come home. I told president-nim to pause our asian tour for a moment. I wanted to be with Lia when she was home. I didn't want her to feel lonely. Abeonim didn't allow her to go to work yet, since she still couldn't remember. So, I stayed home with her for four days. 

She was fine, I guessed. Just that she got really tired easily. She was still weak. She couldn't remember the house or our room. We slept side by side, but I couldn't cuddle her like how I used to. I could only watch her sleep.,

Everyday we would have breakfast, lunch and dinner together. I would tell her she looked beautiful every time and tell her how proud I was that she was recovering so well. We would talk for hours and she would ask me questions about us. I thought she was starting to fall for me little by little. But not yet fully. That was okay. I'd made plans to make her fall completely for me. Tomorrow, would be that day.

Because tomorrow would be a special day. For me. For Lia. Tomorrow, would be the day Lia told me she loved me. Tomorrow, I would get her back, because she might remember me fully. Tomorrow...