Chapter 3 : The Guilt

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014

Seoul

 

The 44_storey building strongly stand at the main town of Seoul is one of the famous skyscrapers as it’s belong to Samsung Corporation; one of the successful electronic company in Korea. Samsung Electronic Headquarters where Lee Kwang Soo had his part timer as a guard – almost half year he had worked there together with another 4. Although people always questioning him regarding his job that is rare among youngster but never Kwang Soo complain about it despite he likes it very much. As a part timer he only worked from 7 to 12.

The panic Kwang Soo just looked to the stubborn woman while his ear captured the echoed of the footstep. At the top of the woman clearly seen the number of 30 indicates the level they were now. It’s not difficult for him to calculate the 5 floor they had stepped down since the first time he met them at level 35. The footstep got closed and closed but never been in the attention of the woman. Kwang Soo overwhelm by it questioning either the woman so deaf or stupid to hear the danger that might occurred to them. He felt wanna shout to the woman but his nerve overtakes his thinking, so he just looked to the woman who in cry while called the unconscious man’s name.

The unconscious man; Kim Jong Kook still like before – lying helplessly on the woman’s lap. Not any sign to be awake in him although how hard the woman tried by called his name or gently slapped his face. The sound from the stairs that actually can be heard only by Kwang Soo got louder and louder in his ear. From the walkie talkie before he acknowledge the devil will come to them – he don’t mind if it was Yoo Jae Suk or Ji Suk Jin but this was Kim So Roo. His fierce is unavoidable. Nerve came to him until all his system built an alert to his brain make the tall man to stress. Can’t tolerate any more in the end he ran downstairs leave the two without him realized the unconscious man’s hand already do a little movement.

 

 

*****

 

 

“Ji Hyo-ah…” Jong Kook’s voice called brought shocked to the woman and without hesitate she gave him an embrace. Her spontaneous surely gave a questioning to the awaken man; blush appeared on his cheek but never he return back her hug. Although his heart wanted it but something in his brain denied it – after three years it feels so wrong.

“Oppa… are you okay?” felt something wrong with the man she asked. Some sulky appeared in her heart due to his gesture but fastest she denied it. She didn’t want any little things happen would jeopardize their relationship. After three years they had meet again – although so much she wanted to ask him but for now his condition is more importance, their safety is the priority. Thus with a burden heart she just looked the man that rashly sat from her lap with an awkward face. The sadness came to her heart. Unknown after three years they had become like a stranger.

When Jong Kook already stood she still looked at him with a pitiful in her heart. One after another suspicious and question arises but she just kept it deep inside her heart. In her mind she still believed in him – so any possible reason she created to secure her heart. She prayed a little that he would never change his heart. He still loved her and his awkwardness before is the effect of his unconsciousness.

Actually the man can sense the sadness in Ji Hyo eyes when he stood from her lap. Looked to her pitiful face an ashes came across to his heart too but purposely he denied it – acted in front of her like he never care. Not because he had changed his heart, not also because he didn’t love her anymore – totally his heart never changed, for him she is the only one but their relationship kept touting in his mind. Since them being here he can remember who he is, who she is and all about them. Do they still husband and wife? Who is Chang Joo to her now and Seon-ah who is the boy to them? All of that made him felt wrong.

“Let’s go…” after a long silent he said but the woman still liked before – sat at her place. Looked at him with her sadness expression.

“Ji Hyo-ah, let’s go” he said again. She still liked before.

Scratched his own head, smiled a little he kneeled in front of her. “Ji Hyo-ah, let’s go” he extended his hand to her.

And the woman who was in her own world jolted a little before she grabbed the hand. “Let’s go” a little smile draw as her heart fluttered happily. His hand tightly she holds and would never she let it go again.

 

 

******

 

 

Without looked back Lee Kwang Soo still at the staircase went down from one floor to another. Step by step he walked down carefully while his ear pinched to the sound echoes from the staircase. The sound of those two from his above never he heard it anymore but the echoes from below

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter