Story 5

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here come my handsome son in law. Jong Kook-ah come sits here”

As we arrived at the dining room, Abeoji greeted us with his cheerful face while Eomeoni just silently sit, a sulky face really can see in her face. I know my father done it as his way to control the situation, to make Jong Kook Oppa feels welcomed to be a part of this family. We bow a bit to my parent as we arrived but I unable to continue my walks as Oppa still at his own pace. He didn’t budge to walk in his guilty face while his eye keeps focus to Eomeoni. Perceived the situation, as a wife I also can feels the tension but I know I need to reduce it and calm him.

 

“Abeoji, to Jong Kook Oppa only, how about me?” play along with Abeoji I said pretended to be jealous.

“Ne…ne… to you too Ji Hyo-ah, come here with your charming husband”

“Huh… handsome, charming? Oppa, what did you bribe until Abeoji said those word to you. He never said I’m beautiful before. Abeoji, didn’t you love me anymore?”

“Hahaha… my daughter is jealous. Come here my princess beautiful Ji Hyo-ah. You know how much I want a son before, but you too late to bring it… But I hope I not too late to see my grandchild” knows my act Abeoji keep tease me but I glad his tease had less the tension. Slowly, we walks to our place, sit eye to eye with my parent. No more distinguish place for him, no more separated food for him... the four of us had a meal like a real family as it can be.

 

“Jalmukesumneda” we said together before start our meal as we saw the elder already start their. In Korean there is always table etiquette for a youngster to wait for an eldest before they can start eating. But my husband seem not enjoying the food although he pretended like he is. Without sound he sit silently with his face down focus on his food, chews slowly. Knows his trouble try to be a good wife as I can, I picks a meat and puts it inside his dish. “Jagiya, eat as much as you can. My hubby looks thin now”

Shock with my gesture in his stun he looks at me which I reply with a smile. He give a little smile also before he following my gesture but what shock me, instead to puts the meal into my dish he puts it to Abeoji, Eomeoni and finally at mine.

“Jang-in, Jangmo enjoys your meal” in humble he said. “Love, you too… enjoy your meal”

“Hahaha… what a good son-in-law. Anae, don’t you glad to have him in our family – a humble, handsome and caring. Beside, don’t you want our daughter to live in happiness? Don’t you see them you remember during our earlier time?”

“Ji Hyo-ah what you had done until you meets this good guy huh?” Abeoji keeps talk and talks make us into blush, his talks to persuade Eomeoni which I pray she will buy with it.

“Might be what Abeoji had done until I can meet him?” a big laugh appear from Abeoji

 

“Jong Kook-ah, there is one vacancy in our office. Why don’t you apply for it?” Abeoji said again in our breakfast give clueless to me. “You are good in marketing right?” add him since didn’t received a reply from my husband.

“What position Abeoji? Anyone resign?”

“Marketing Manager. Mr.Lee, he already gives me his tender until end of this month” he reply which give an ‘o’ sound from my mouth.

“Jang-in, is there any other position? I mean instead of being a leader, I would like to start from bottom” after a long silent, suddenly my husband ask. ‘Following daddy’s cocktail’; he really unlike that term in his life, even during his work at Dad’s company he also start from bottom although he is assure to be the successor of the company. For him he wants others to saw him because of his ability rather than because of his luck.

“Erm… for now you will be point as Assistant Manager, for a Manager position we will decide back based on your achievement. Due to your education, I think unfair for me to assign you for a low position… what others might say” reply Abeoji to get his understanding which received a little nod by my husband.

“So, you can start work by tomorrow. Ji Hyo-ah I give you leaves today to help him prepare for his work tomorrow… One more things don’t forget to come to our Store today to try your hanbok, bring your Eomeoni along. Today, Driver Park will send me to office” in firm he continues his word before he stands to leave for work with Eomeoni. But before we able to questioning him, upon he slide the tatami door he continue “Sorry forgot to tell you, we will held your wedding ceremony next week”. And he just leaved us in unbearable to say anything, clueless in our shock face.

 

*****

 

“Eomeoni, let’s go” that evening after our lunch both three of us drive together to our company's store. The store which is located about a km away from the main office rarely had I come here. Earlier before, Oppa and I went to his rental home to get his entire belonging and also to end his rental contract. With Abeoji acceptance, no more separated between us, no more hiding and we will live freely in this blissful world. Might be only Eomeoni our barrier now but we will try hard until receive her bless.

Wearing a same red color cloth, hand in hand we walks together upon we arrived at the store. Eomeoni who is walks beside me just remain silent like before. Not a single word comes across ; my talkative mother had been so passive today… might be to show her protest. But, as long she didn’t g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter