Story 8

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Been here give me realize of the life, although I feel how unlucky my life is, there others that more unlucky than me… how much I feel sadness I should realize there others who never feel the happiness. Lot of people I meet here, amongst of them are oldest that looks pitiable to even take care of themselves… no one accompany or take care of them but still they never lose hope, keep survive to this survival world. Even some of them still work – doing any jobs to earn money for living, even for a spoonful of rice.

 

‘Sir, I might unknown what had happen to you but God completely known… what ever happen he knows the reason behind.  Be patient and seek guidance from Him’

The words from the monk from the shrine come to my mind...

‘There a reason of everything happen’

 

Repeatedly that words across to my mind… there also the voice of the man who spoke the quote to me. How could I forget it… why all this while I never remember it? Ahhh… Dad I miss him so much. He always beside me during my happy and falls… giving his words and quote that always inspired me… his words always right and full of hope… how I wish he is here right now.

Thinking of Dad…oh crap how long I didn’t communicate with him. When the last time I wrote to him? 2 month… 4 month…  I unable to count the exact time… did he already receive my previous letter or did he reply it and now waited for my reply? How I wish to be at my home now… might be his letter there at my mailbox.

 

“Nurse, can I have a paper and pen?”

I asked to the Nurse that gladly she give me. Upon received in immediate I write the words to be given to this man, word by word that is unknown among the Korean… might be only some understand it like Ji Hyo. A foreign word to the foreign man who lives far in Boston.

 

**Flashback**

1943

 

“Captain, I found this boy steal food at the kitchen”

Scared I struggled hard tried to escape but the gripped on my hand so harsh. The big size of the man’s hand grabbed tightly to my small hand makes me yelp in pain. My hand felt like to be broke. In gruff the man pushed me once we met the person inside the room. Scared I didn’t dare to move my head as I unknown who the person I had faced too nor know the exact word of their talked. It’s different with my mother tough even not same with the Japanese… it’s the first time I heard it. Heart throbbed I felt want to hide deep inside the floor once I heard the man foot step get near me.

 

“Don’t be scare…” suddenly the man spoke make me gasped in shock once I tilted my head. Does I hear it wrong? Did this kneeled foreign man in front of me spoke in Korean?

“What is your name?” the white man asked me again make me confirmed he does spoke in Korean.

“Kim… Jong… Kook” still in scared I replied and received a smile by him.

“Follow me”

 

In slow walk instinctively I followed him. Rather far we went until we reached to his room at the bottom deck.

“Go take your… bath” barely had he spoken the word in the mix of Korean and English that made me into curious of his request. But soon I able to understood once he pointed to the bathroom and lend me a towel and a pair of cloth.

Once I ge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter