Story 2

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A husband to my everlasting love and wife, Song Ji Hyo”

Oppa last word gives a total shock to my family. Eomeoni who can’t handle it about to faint, Abeoji just stand without sound while I’m burst a cry glad with his confession. Although that I’m still curious with the fate that might happen to us… would my parent chase us away or will they forgive us and accept him into our family. My head turn to Oppa and like me I know he also waits for the decision of Abeoji.

                                                         

**Flashback**

1960

“Oppa… let get married” my sudden suggestion during our lunch after my class that evening made him into awe. Surprised and can’t believed in what I said he almost chocked the bolognaise spaghetti that he ate.  Grabbed the sparkling water to clear his throat still in his curious he asked to get confirmation.

“What are you say Ji Hyo-yah?” and my answer with serious face made him affirm with my request. I know my suggestion is crazy and ridiculous but this is the only way I can thinks for our relationship. Another 3 months I’ll graduate and I’ll go back to Korea. Think of Eomeoni and her folktale tradition make me fidget of the possibility that might happen to me. Married a family choice always be the tradition in her family, since my teenagers she always reminded and scolded me if I get closed with any guys. At first I didn’t budge about the matter and always followed her instruction until I knew what love is… until I knew Jong Kook Oppa. He the one who had taught me of love - to gave love and received love. I won’t bear to lose him and married other guys. I wanted to be his woman, to be his wife.

However, never I expected he didn’t happy with my suggestion. I thought he would be happy and glad to married me. It disappointed me to see his face… he looked clueless and blank. Like tried to searched an exact word to given to me and to reject my suggestion. I knew he had his own plan and dream; he wanted to expend his Dad’s business but I couldn’t thinks other than this crazy way. Korea and America too far away and I can’t handle to live without him. So without ashamed or might be sound bizarre I’m willing to called crazy and proposed him. I’m really in desperate situation.

 

“Oppa… don’t you love and want to marry me?”

“Hahaha Ji Hyo-ah, this is not right. Supposed I’m the one who proposed to you”  

Drank his sparkling water and took down the fork and spoon, he looked a bit guilty before he continued his word in hold to my hand “Ji Hyo-ah loving you is the best things that I have experience and to be your husband is my most dream ever but I also had another dream that I want to fulfill first. Sorry Ji Hyo-ah not now… can you be a little patience?”

“But Oppa… we didn’t know what might happen after I come back to Korea. I don’t bear to live without you beside it’s so far away”

“Ji Hyo-ah just believe in me and our love. Nothing gonna separated us”

And his firm request makes me into silent surrendered with my attempt and just believed in him. After that never we talked about that matter anymore since we’re busy with our hectic life – he with his work at his father’s company while I’m busy for my final examination. Rarely did we meet, sometimes only on Sunday.

 

But, never had I estimated it continued even after my final exam end; one month before my graduation. He always in hiatus even on Sunday, even when I met him at his workplace he looked really tired. When I asked him to mee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter