Story 14

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already three year after the incident happen. Kim Jong Seon our son is around 2 and half month and already can speak. His talkative with a cute voice always bring a cheerful to the house not to add with his naughty. Looking at him always make me remember to Jong Kook Oppa. His face quite resembles him especially his perfect nose although his eyes following mine.

Today we will go to Incheon for a memorial ceremony of the Incheon Tragedy. The ferry tragedy that had capsized together with all the people on boarded including my husband. At my room I rummage at the wardrobe packing our clothes to bring along. We will stay at Incheon since the ceremony would only hold at night. For two year we didn’t attend the ceremony since Jong Seon still young; with the coldness it’s not good for him. He sit alone on the bed playing with his car toy, sometimes his voice heard brings melody to the silences.

During my packing my eyes caught to one packaging hidden inside the luggage. Curious I grab the package and my tears suddenly drop once I captured the things inside. It’s was the jacket that Jong Kook Oppa craved the most that I unable to give on Eve. Crumble the jacket I bring it to my face as I unleash all my sorrow to the garment and without hesitate my mouth calls his name.

“Mama…mama… why you crying?” suddenly my son asked.

“No sweetheart, mama not crying. Mama strong like Seon-ah. Strong people not cry right?” I said while pull him to sit on my lap. “Seon-ah looks this is Daddy’s jacket… its look really good when Daddy wear it. You know Daddy is really strong, so you must be strong also like him”

“Daddy… but Mama where is Daddy?”

“He waits us somewhere far… one day we will meet him” I hold my cry as I utter the word. I didn’t want Seon-ah to see me crying, I must be strong for him.

“Seon-ah can you help me to see what Helmeoni doing. We can’t be late” he gives a kiss on my cheek before run to Eomeoni at her room. As he leaves I continue my work and put the jacket inside the luggage to bring along.

 

******

 

“I’m sorry Eomeoni I know your good intention but I’m not prepared to get married yet. Despite of my condition I think better if I remember who I really was first” I said before excuses myself to prepare for work.

After discharged from Hospital three years before Dong Hoon had asked me to live with them. Due to the hit hard on my head and my almost dying during the accident it gives an affect toward my brain condition. Till now I still need to take medicine to boost my brain despite have my check up with the hospital every 3 months. Since I had nobody else so I accept his offer but as a return I offered myself to work at their restaurant without payment. He lived together with his mother and wife; Go Eun that he married last year. 

“Hyung, why you refuse? She a good person beside didn’t both of you quite close. Don’t you like her?”

“Dong Hoon-ah I just treat her like my sister, just what I d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter