Story 9

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t know what time did I wake up that night when I heard his low mournful sound. The burning hot can be feels from his temperature. Worried come and rashly I turn on the light of the room which I can see the man in his sick condition.  His cheek redness in his pale face, his mouth keeps repeating my name although his eyes still shut. I put my palm over his head and its feels overly hot towards my cold hand.

Rashly I run to the bathroom and come back after with a basin of water. Grab the towel on the wardrobe I place the wet towel on his forehead before I went to the kitchen to search for a medicine. And gladly we still have the stock although just one left.

“Jagiya, wake up. You need to take your medicine”

“I’m sleepy. My head hurt” he sounds pitiful.

“That why you need to take your medicine first, then you can continue sleep. Ne Oppa”

 

Help him to get up he place his head on the bed headboard. Before gives him medicine, I lend him a cup of hot cocoa to full his stomach and to give him some energy. But, only a little he drinks it.

“Jagiya, drink more. How can you eat medicine with empty stomach?”

“It’s taste bitter… my throat hurt” he shake in denial.

“Arasso… now take your medicine” with a glass of water he takes the pill. After that, I help him to wear his sweater before he lays himself back to the mattress. Seeing his sleeping pace make me rub my eyes as the sleepy approaching, I take a glare at the alarm clock and it shows ten minute before 3.30. Can’t handle, I lay myself back beside him after change the towel on his forehead. I give a kiss on his cheek as I cuddle and inhale his scent that already becomes my sleeping pill. Soon I fall asleep in hope for his recovery soonest.

 

*****

 

My morning had been greeted by Eomeoni with his shock face seeing me at the kitchen.

“Eh Ji Hyo-ah so early you wake up today? What are you doing?”

“Cook porridge for Jong Kook Oppa. He got fever”

“Aigoo… is it bad?” she looked worried

“Compare before, I think his temperature had cool a bit. Later I’ll call Dr. Ma to check his condition”

 

“So you will not going to office today?”

“For sure Eomeoni, I need to take care of him”

“But didn’t we have meeting today with the Ministry of Culture and Tourism for New Year celebration?” she remind which make me a gasp over my forgotten to the most importance meeting. With this meeting it could branding our company name as we behold as the main sponsor for the celebration’s attire, not to mention with the VIP that will wear the cloth. This is the opportunity that we had dreamed for and we didn’t know when the chances will come again. Apparently this project was handles by Abeoji and this is his dream that he can’t fulfill until his last breath and I really hope I can fulfill it.

“Oh god, what should I do?” I’m flustered to thinks the right decision trap between the importance things.

“Don’t worry Ji Hyo-ah, just attend the meeting. I’ll help to take care of him” her suggestion make me curve a smile, relieve for the solution.

“Now, go prepare yourself. I’ll help you also with the porridge” urge her which gives me a warm smile grateful with her offer before I walk away getting prepared to work.

 

******

 

“Ji Hyo-ah, the porridge done” the knock appear at the door and my mother face shown upon the door open.

“How is he?” she peeks a look inside looking for my husband, where my eyes glance at him too.

“Still like before, gomawo Eomeoni. After feed him I’ll join you for breakfast” take a tray with a bow, I closed the door back as my mother walks back to the kitchen prepare for our breakfast.

 

Holding the tray I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter