Story 1

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

July, 1961

 

“How old are you and how long had you had been driving?”

“Did you completely know the road here?”

“Where did you leave?”

“Can you be punctual and works during the emergency or odd hours?”

 

Like a gun shoot one by one questions spurt into my ear buds from this older couple in front of me. In my nervousness I didn’t know which question to be answer first nor do the words come to my mind completely. To meet this couple already giving out my total brave, now to have this interview really make my heart pump 200 beats a minute. But I know for our sake I must be brave, I must endure this wrecking nerve in me. No matter how hard it is I must get this job… I must hear the word of ‘yes’ from these two elders. So, clutch my knuckle and bring out my hard breath to ease my feelings I utter the words that I already practice. To be with her, because of her I come from far away even how tired I been this past 3 months driving all around Seoul and Korea to remember the entire stranger road. 

 

“I’m 26 years old, live around 12km from here. Had work as a taxi driver this past 3 month Sir, Madam”

“26 years old? Why you want this job seem the youngster around your age more prefer to works at the industry… well you know regarding the 5 years plan that the government strengthen now?”

“Tsk..tsk…tsk… what with this question Yeobo? Did you think all the people now had a business thinking like you? For sure he is not well educated, just looks at his cloth; so cheap. Be a taxi driver this past 3 months… you really didn’t know well to use your strength. Well, I bet you apply this job because of money right?”

 

Here there go that woman word like a sharp knife bleeding my heart. My chest feels hurt; my heart feel wanna be explode. Hearing the word make me want to rebuke, want to curse back but because of her I need to endure it…what ever happen I need to be patience. Like a tight knot I need to keeps my secret… no one should know this secret… no one until the mission successes. So in silent I gulp my saliva hard to easy my feelings and heal the wound.

 

“Anae, be careful with your word. You become ruder lately. Sorry with my wife word, but I think with your body you suit to be bodyguard. Did you know any martial art?”

 

Thanks to the man interruption I nod a little answering him in hoping the previous question wouldn’t be ask anymore. I think I would die in my nerve if they ask again… really I can’t thinks others for that question when my absolute answer is because of the girl. And how I suppose to give that answer when…

 

It is my secret…

 

It is our secret….

 

And I didn’t know it so hard to keeps a secret.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter