Story 10

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What all this?”

In my own eyes I see those two sit on the bed together. My husband with his afraid and pale face in shrunken lean his body at the headboard while his hand hold to my pillow tightly like his own protection, while my mother sit quite closed try to reach him with her pitiful face. The words that she said to him suddenly disappear along with the sound of the door been slide. Their face totally shock once they see me at the door. “Ji Hyo-ah…!”

 

“Get down from the bed!! And don’t get closed to my husband!!!”

“Ji Hyo-ah it’s not what you think…” shamefaced she said.

“Huh! You think I didn’t know. I’ve heard it all!!”

 

 

**Flashback**

With a happy face, I enter the house and the face of Jong Kook Oppa comes to my mind. I can’t wait to meet him and to take care of him until he fully recovers. Guilty approached when I remembered his request and my lie. In slow I walked to my room afraid to wake up him, in hope he still in his sleeping. The house somehow quite, no trace of Eomeoni can be seen around. But my excitement to meet him suddenly disappeared once I heard her voice inside.

 

“Jong Kook-ah, mianhe don’t do this to me… it’s so sad when you keep distance yourselves with me”

“Don’t hold me! Ahh… my head…”

“Jong Kook-ah gwenchana?”

“Ka…ka… don’t get… near me… Ji Hyo-ah…Ji..Hyo-ah…Love”

“She is not here, she already went to work. Don’t move so much… lie yourself back”

“No… you’re lie… she said… she didn’t go to work. Ka…ka… Ji Hyo-ah…Love”

“Ji Hyo! Ji Hyo! Ji Hyo! Look I’m the one who will take care of you, she didn’t, for her the meeting more important than you. Just lay yourself, I wouldn’t do anything!  Yes, I know about yesterday, I’m sorry about that. I know it’s crazy and I should treat you as my son in law, but yesterday when you both in fight I can’t hold myself. I’ve like you ever since my husband still alive, I tried to denied it… but I can’t. But now I’ve realize, please believe me Jong Kook-ah I’ll forget you… I’ll treat you as my son in law. Don’t be like this, just lie yourself back. I promise I won’t do anything… Come here.”

 

Totally I’m shocked to hear the word from her. All this while I know many of the workers at the company had eyed to him but how could be… my own mother also? It’s ridiculous… very ridiculous… but what had happen between them yesterday?  To hear those words really broke my heart… My head felt hurt… my palm and my leg already shaken. I’m at my own limit… so I knuckled my hand and took out a deep breath… this is now or never. I should protect my own… he is totally mine.

“Jong Kook-ah, come here. Don’t…” I slided the tatami door.

 

***end of flashback**

 

“Mianhe Ji Hyo-ah… mianhe… I didn’t mean too, my heart I unable to denied it… ” her words pledge for a sorry make me piss off. I just glance to her that already stands far at the end corner of the room.

“How could you Eomeoni, he is your son in law! Didn’t you hate him before?”

“Yeah I know but it’s come unexpectedly… I didn’t know when I had crush to him and I know it’s false… I tried to denies it by scold him so that he will leave this place but seeing him everyday its keep growing. When I knew your relationship how I feel like the doom of the world, since that day I tried hard to accept him as my son in law but I can’t… and your father death makes it become worse… For our family I had tried hard to forget him and control my feeling but when I seeing both of you make me jealous, when I’m thinking both of you make me crazy…  I’m sorry… I’ll… ”

“Stop! Stop! I don’t want to hear anything!” to hear her word bleed my heart.

“Oppa, please tell me what happen yesterday”

“Yesterday after she told me to get a rest… felt bored I went to the living room to watch a television… until I fall asleep. Suddenly my sleep is been disturbed… when I felt someone hold to my hand… to my head and played along my face. I thought at first it was you…but I felt the touch is different… it’s not soft like you and… and… when I open my eyes I saw… I saw… she almost… almost… kiss me. Rashly I pushed her… and get up myself. But without I can even stand up… suddenly she hugged me… and said that… she loves me… Angry… shocked… I pushed her again… then I ran to the dining room…”

 

Once he finishes his word, I stare my eyes to the woman who just stands silently with her face down to the floor. No others word come from her there also Jong Kook Oppa and me. The room suddenly became silent, only sometimes I can hear the sob from the woman to show us her guilty. But didn’t know why the water also starts too appeared on my eyes and drop along my cheeks before it vanish in the air. The tears keep flown and I didn’t budge to wipe it… I just let it drop as well to unleash all the frustrated and anger that I have in myself. It’s really broke my heart… the truth that I can’t believe… I feels betrayed... my own mother, the person that I love the most had done this to me. I didn’t know how I could face this… I hate her… totally hate her but still she is my mother. I feel angry until I unknown what to do… only this tears I hope can give a cure to my wounded heart.

 

“Eomeoni… please go out from here” without looking to her only that word I able to utter, although how much I hate her or I wanted to curse her but she still my own flesh that I need to respect too. Obey with my instruction, slowly the woman walked to the tatami door but before she closed the door I can hear her word repeats inside the room. “Mianhe Ji Hyo-ah…”

And as soon she leaves the place, can’t hold anymore I drop down on the floor unleash all my frustration there until I can feel one hot hand hold to my shoulder. Sense that I hold to his hand and looks deep inside his eyes… he also just curve a smile in his way to comfort me which then I move myself towards his broad chest. I burse all my sadness there while he without fails keep to my back although with his health condition must be hard for him to endure my weight. I know I being selfish but I’m really need a protector now and I feel save on his embrace. “Jagiya… mianhe, I shouldn’t leave you before” Frankly I feel relieve with my last decision, I’m just away for about 15 m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter