The Finale...?

Endless Rain (Hiatus)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The coldness night looks beautiful from the light of the candle as part of the ceremony. Many people mostly from the victim’s family there for remembrance of their lost one. The tears falls but never their wailing, seem all of them already can accept the fate written. Only the pray they give and hope the soul would be happy in the heaven, waiting for them until they meet again.

There goes with me, together with Eomeoni we enter the memorial ceremony while Chang Joo Oppa offers himself to take care of Jong Seon. Truthfully I’m grateful for his help and how he takes my son likes his own.

“Ji Hyo-ah I need to go somewhere… “

“Seon-ah go with Mama awhile, Appa won’t be long” he said while drop Seon-ah to the ground beside me. My son grab’s the hem of my hangbok as I continue my pray. Until the ceremony end, never had the man come back again which I unknown where he had been to. So I just wait at the place afraid might give him difficulty to search us. But his appearance after give a curious in our mind.

“Oppa, where is Seon-ah?”

“Ji Hyo-ah didn’t I leave him with you before…”

“Did you… oh my where he is…” and the tears already flown drop to my face.

 

******

 

Tired of the work at the restaurant I stroll around the place with my motorcycle. Unknown why I didn’t feel want to go back home yet. The place looks quite now as the ceremony already end, the people already back home while some might also go back to the inn nearest. I stop by at the ceremony place to give my respect to the victim. At my stop I look around to surveillance the surrounding and I gasp a shock once my eyes caught two women stand below the post lamp near to me.

The two women looks flustered like waiting for someone as sometime the youngest take a glance to her watch and keep watching to the place. But her face really gets to my attention as she looks alike with the picture on my wallet. So, I took out my wallet to make a confirmation but as I about to walk to her suddenly one man walks toward them. How I can see a bit of relief on her face as the man approaching but unknown why seeing her with the man bring me into ashes. And Ha Dong Hoon’s voice keep capturing into my mind.

If she does really her, might be it’s true she is my ex-girlfriend. Now, she already had someone by his side. With my condition who am I to be with her…

With the aches on my heart I ride back the motorcycle and leave the place. I’m afraid if she found me… I’m too ashamed to meet her. Although might she can give the answer toward my own self but I unable to face her. And I feel stupid to love her; she just likes a shadow to me - the person who always come to my dream.

During my slow ride out in the blue I caught a sound of child crying. Stop the vehicle at the site; I widen my ear to search the sources of the sound as I walk in searching. The place quite dark with only a dim light from the post lamp gives a bright to the night. And by dim light I found one little boy sitting and crying alone near to the edge of the sea.

“Hey Kid, where your parent? Are you lost them?”

“Don’t be afraid let me helps you…” I kneel to the boy as to coax him.

At first the little boy looks afraid as I approaching but once his eyes catch to my face suddenly he come forward and give a hug to me.

“Daddy…” he said and surely gives a thousand questions on my mind.

 

*****

 

“Hyung, who is this boy?” Dong Hoon asked as I enter the house carrying Seon-ah on my arm.

“I found him at the port… He lost his parent”

“Seon-ah here Dong Hoon ahjussi” I put him down on the floor but he keep hugged to me cling to my leg.

“I think he afraid of you” I said as I see Dong Hoon kneeled to the boy.

“Seon-ah don’t be afraid… come to Ahjussi” but the boy started to cry and the grip on my leg become tighter. Sense that rashly I pick him up to my arm back while coo him. He hides his face to the crook of my neck.

“Syuhhh… you’re good boy right, good boy didn’t cry” he stop his cry although still in his silent.

“Jagiya… why I hear the child crying?” Go Eun walked to us with her mother in law from the kitchen. “Who is that boy?”

“Hyung found him… might be he lost his parent”

“Hi little one, what your name?” Seon-ah takes a look to Go Eun a bit before he reply; still grab tight to my neck.

“Do you want milk?” he nodded.

“Seon-ah you want milk right, go with Ahjumma” I said while put him down; he is too heavy for Go Eun to lift. But as Go Eun grabs to his hand, the boy holds and pulls my hand too. “Daddy…”

“Arasso… arasso…” and I followed them to the kitchen.

 

******

 

“Oppa… Seon-ah. Where is he? I think better if we go to police station”

“Ji Hyo-ah, we need to wait until 12 hours… it’s already late better we go back to inn, tomorrow we will search him again and lodge a report. Do you have picture of him right?” I nodded.

And that night how I had a sleepless night worried for my son who nowhere could he been. Just hope and pray that I give for his safety and we can found him tomorrow. My tears keep flows all night long wailing for my son to be back to me.

 

“Daddy…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter