Leap of Faith

My Shining Star
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her aunt told Shin Hye that Minho was waiting downstairs. She asked her aunt to led Minho to their library. 

She just fix herself then went down to follow him.  

When she entered the room, Minho stood up and gave her a warm embrace. “I missed you, my lovely. I am very sorry for what happened last night” he said. “It’s ok. I was thinking of a good headline for last night “ Hallyu Queen got stood up by her boyfriend” and then she pulled free from their embrace and just held his hand and led him to the sofa. 

They were seated close together. 

“So what is this all about? Do you miss me this much?” he joked. “Oppa, did you had dinner yet? I can arrange something” said Shin Hye, trying to avoid the conversation. She’s waiting for the opportune moment. 

“I ate already. Let’s discuss whatever’s running in your mind” he said. 

Shin Hye looked at him “ Oppa, do you love me? “ she asked.

“What kind of question is that. Of course , I do love you” he answered

“At what extent?” she asked again

“I don’t know where is this leading to Shin Hye” he said

“Just answer me, Oppa” she said. 

Then Minho was silent. He looked at her. “Are you doubting what I feel for you? “ he threw back the question at her. 

“No, I am not. But I want to know if were heading to the right decision. Getting married in secrecy? Barely less than 2 months relationship.  Everything is happening so fast. Why are we in a haste? Why are we rushing things?” 

Minho stared at her. “ I thought we agreed about this already. and You agreed. So what are we discussing right now. Did you changed your mind?” he asked 

“ No, I still want to marry you but can we take things slow? “ she said.

“So that’s it. You don’t want to get married. Plain and simple” he said.

“I will marry you but I don’t want a secret marriage” she said.

“Why not, how about our careers.  Aren’t you afraid that it will be ruined ? “ he asked again

“No, because I am willing to take that risk. Are you?” she asked him back.

Now this time, Minho was silent. He was taken aback by her statement.

“Oppa, I love you and I know, I cannot bear to be apart from you but this is not what I want” she said.

“What do you want me to do?” he asked

“What do you want to do? I told you what I want and what I’m willing to do and what am I willing to risk for us. Now, ask yourself. What are you willing to give up. What are you putting up at stake” she said.

“So that’s it? Are you sure this is what you want? What if I can’t give what you want right now?” he challenge her. 

She looked at him “All I want is to be married to you but for the right reasons. Your reasons are irrational. Don’t get me wrong , Oppa. I am not pressuring you to marry me. I am willing to wait until you’re ready, until were ready. But not like this, Oppa. Marriage is sacred” said Shin Hye. 

He stood up and left the room. He just went outside the library. He felt suffocated with their discussion, their heated discussion. He went to their back door. Lit his cigarette and sat on a bench. He needs some fresh air. Shin Hye has a point. How can he dragged her into something that even him doesn’t have to courage to do. Marrying her in secrecy is cowardice. 

 

Shin Hye thought Minho has left. She buried her face in the pillow. How can he leave just like that. She didn’t heard the door opened and Minho went inside the library and saw her. He pulled her shoulders softly and embraced her.  “Yah, why are you crying? We’re not fighting. Ok? We're matured people, trying to talk and solve everything. We may not have the answers now, but it doesn’t mean that it’s the end of everything. This is not a scene in the drama that we film. This is our story, the love story of Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye. This is for real” and then he added “ I understand you, I got your point. Let’s take things slow. But promise me one thing” he said  

“What is it?” she asked  

“Nothing will change. Our love for each other will not waver. Your heart will only flutter just by thinking of me. When both of us are ready, with no If’s and buts running in our mind, you w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter