Donghae's comfort.

In a Super Junior World

Hyung Jung's POV:

I looked away. If I didn't, I wouldn't be able to control my tears and burst out crying in front of Donghae. That was a big no-no since he'd just laugh at me because he is that much of a jerk. All I want is to hurry get home and cry my heart out, pouring my feelings to Mimi and Hannah.

"Are you crying?" he suddenly asked.

"I'm not. I just have a runny nose," I lied, "are you done with your ice cream?"

"Yeah, I am," he sounded unsure but bought my story anyway.

"I'll go dump it," I said and took the cup from him before he could say anything and made my way to the waste bin near the ice cream store. Just as I was about to turn around, the bell jingled, meaning that the glass door to the ice cream store opened.

"Excuse me," he called out. I froze.

Please be talking to someone else, please be talking to someone else!

I heard footsteps approaching and he tapped my shoulder. I had no other choice but to turn around.

"Hyun Jung.. ssi?" he asked.

"You've got the wrong person," I said, looking down and letting my hair cover my face.

"Oh, really? I'm sorry, it's just that you look so much like her," he bowed. I nodded my head and quickly walked back to Donghae's car.

"Let's go home," I said and he started the engine.

"What happened?" he asked.

"Nothing, got the wrong person," I said and leaned back into the seat, facing the opposite direction from Donghae.

--

"We're here," Donghae said, killing the engine and unbuckling his seatbelt. We got into the lift and he opened the door for me.

"Where did you guys go?" Leeteuk asked. I looked at Donghae, telling him to explain to them with my eyes.

"Hyun Jung had to teach classes to kids, so I tagged along since I love kids," Donghae said and I went to my room. I closed the door and changed into comfortable clothes, mainly tank top and comfy shorts. Mimi crawled from her bed and jumped up to mine, making herself comfortable at the foot of my bed by curling up into a ball. I sighed and slipped under the blankets, giving myself time to think about everything.

"Hyun, time for dinner," Kyuhyun said.

"I'll pass, you guys go ahead," I said. He didn't say anything and just closed the door. I remembered the times with Jonghyun and just started crying. I don't know how long I've been doing that but I just kept going. My sobs were getting louder but I didn't care. I quietened down when I heard the door open.

"Hyun Jung," Donghae said.

"Go away," I sniffed and tried wiping away my tears.

"Stop crying. I brought you food," he said.

"I'm not crying," I remained unmoved, buried under the thick blankets. I heard him sigh and set the food ony my desk.

"You wanna tell me why you were crying?" he asked, sitting at the edge of my bed.

"I said I wasn't crying!" I shouted. He stood up and ripped the blankets off of my, tossing it to the ground. I quickly covered my face with the pillow, not wanting to let him see my tears. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to a sitting position.

"Donghae, that hurts!" I said and jerked my hand away from his grasps, more tears flowing down. He took the tissue box and crawled onto my bed, sitting next to me.

"Wipe your tears, liar," he said gently, handing me the tissue. I took it and wiped my tears.

"What are you doing here," I said.

"Trying to counsel you, depressed kid," he smiled. I looked at him, he seems like he's joking but the look in his eyes told me he really wanted to help, yet, I couldn't bring myself to tell him anything. Kyuhyun doesn't even know, only Hannah knows.

"Tell me what happened, why are you crying?" he took my hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

"Nothing happened," I said, looking away.

"You can't be crying for nothing. Tell me about it, maybe you'll feel better," he said. 

I took a deep breath, "it happened 7 years ago.. I was 13 and Kyuhyun was leaving to become a singer. I couldn't bear to part with him. He was the closest person to me in the house, apart from umma and appa. Ahra was cold to me, I didn't know why. The first few months after he left, he always called me every night, telling me what he did during that day. But after awhile, he stopped. Not even a text to tell me he was alive. I eventually gave up waiting for his calls. 3 years later, I met this guy called Jonghyun. Well, I was 16 and I was foolish. I really loved him, and I could tell that he really loved me too. We dated for a year, I was the happiest person alive. But then, the same thing happened. Like Kyuhyun, he left to be a singer. I still remember the words he said to me."

"What did he say?" Donghae asked.

I took a deep breath, "he said.. that I was in the way of his dreams." I broke there. I just cried and cried, not caring about my image anymore. Donghae pulled me into his arms and rubbed my back.

"Shh, it's okay. Go on."

"So we broke up. I was devastated. My life was just spinning into a disaster. Grades were falling, fights with my parents, gaining new enemies and turning.. suicidal. I cut my wrists numerous times. I was home alone once, I went to take a bath. I fell asleep in the bath and I ended up in the hospital. My mom said I was unconscious for about 5 days and my mom tried calling him to tell him about me. But all he said was that he was busy and had no time to talk.  I got the message that he didn't really care if I was dead or alive. So I hated him. I hated him for neglecting me. And I hated you guys because you took my brother away from me. But I figured I was being unreasonable, so I tried to change my point of view of you guys. I'm still trying."

"You're a strong girl, Hyun Jung. You're very strong," Donghae whispered gently, hugging me tighter.

"Kyuhyun doesn't know about Jonghyun. Don't tell him, okay?"

"I won't. Promise," he said. 

End of POV

 

Donhgae's POV:

".. 3 years later, I met this guy called Jonghyun."

Jonghyun?

SHINee's Jonghyun? 

I shook that thought out of my head and continued to listen to Hyun Jung. This girl.. She's been through so much. When she was done, she told me something.

"Kyuhyun doesn't know about Jonghyun. Don't tell him, okay?"

"I won't. Promise," I said, "can I ask you something?"

"What?" she said, pulling away from me. I reached into my pocket for my phone and showed her a picture of SHINee's Jonghyun.

"Is this the Jonghyun you're talking about?" I asked. She looked at the picture for a moment and a teardrop fell onto my iPhone screen.

"H- How do you know him?"

"He's.. in the same company as us," I sighed. 

End of POV