Reasons

In a Super Junior World

Hyun Jung’s POV:

Stupid Jessica Jung, if you hurt my Donghae I will ing cut you. You better watch your back, you stupid .

“Jeez, stop slamming the locker door, it didn’t do anything evil to you,” Hannah scolded.

“Stupid Jessica Jung,” I muttered.

“What did you say?”

“Nothing,” I said. “What do you think about SNSD’s Jessica?”

“Jessica? I think she’s really pretty, sweet and perfect for Donghae,” she replied.

“Perfect. For. Donghae? You guys are all blind!” I said, gritting my teeth and slammed my locker shut before stalking back to class. Students walking the opposite direction scrambled aside to make way.

“You’re late. Again.”

“Yes, I am. Again,” I rolled my eyes at him and sat in my usual seat, the class ‘ooh-ed’ at the stupid old bastard, whose name I don’t even remember anymore. He banged the wooden ruler on the white board to get the class to quieten down..

“Enough! Let’s get back to lesson,” he shot me a dirty glare before turning around to write on the white board.

“What.. are you doing?” the guy beside me asked.

"Throwing stuff at him, wanna join me?" I replied, not looking at him since I was too busy getting more staple bullets onto my ruler.

“I'd love to," he smirked. “I’m Tae Jun, by the way.”

“Hi Tae Jun, let’s get started,” I stuck my hand out for a handshake which he gladly shook. I loaded staple bullets onto my bendy ruler and launched it at him. It must’ve landed on him since he started to brush stuff off his head.

“Nice shot. My turn,” Tae Jun smiled and loaded eraser dusts on his bendy ruler and launched it at him the same way I did. The stupid old man brushed the things off his head again but he missed a huge black one, Tae Jun and I burst out laughing, making him turn his attention to us.

“Is there a joke that you’d like to share with the class?” he raised an eyebrow.

“No,” we answered. He gave us a warning look before turning around to scribble more nonsense.

“Here, watch this,” I scribbled ‘kick me, I’m an idiot’ on my sticky note and got out of my seat. I reached out and I pretended to tap his back to stick the note on without making it too obvious.

“What do you want,” he gave me the stink eye.

“Going to the restroom,” I said, trying to hold in my laughter.

“Me too!” Tae Jun raised his hand. He nodded and we rushed out of class. Once out of ear’s reach, we burst out laughing and high fived each other.

“Oh my.. That.. was priceless,” he clutched his tummy.

“I know!” I laughed.

“What’s going on? Tae Jun? You know Hyun Jung?” Jonghyun showed up out of nowhere.

“Jong! Hyun Jung and I just found something in common with each other,” Tae Jun winked.

“You and him.. Know each other?” I asked. Jonghyun was a year older than us, Tae Jun couldn’t possibly know him.

“Yeah, I got held back a year for Math, but I’m in his vocal department,” he smiled.

“Okay. We better head back to class now,” I said. “Kwon would be wondering what we’re doing.”

“You’re right, let’s go,” he said. We turned and walked back to our class when Jonghyun called out.

“Hyun Jung? Can I talk to you?”

“Um.. Sure, anything to miss class,” I shrugged and walked back while Tae Jun entered the classroom.

“What’s up?”

“Can you.. Not talk to him?”

“Why? Is there a problem?”

“No. I just.. don’t like it when you talk to other guys,” he mumbled.

“Jonghyun, you can’t control who I talk to.”

“I know.. But—”

“We don’t have any relationship with each other anymore,” I said before turning around and walking away. How dare he tell me who to talk to and who to not. Absolutely ridiculous!

“That’s one long toilet break, Ms. Cho,” Mr. Kwon folded his arms.

“I had to help a teacher carry books to the staff room,” I lied, sitting at my seat. Just as I sat down, the bell rang for lunch. I packed my stuff and was the first one out of the class.

“Hyun, over here!”

“Coming,” I said and brisk walked towards Hannah who was waiting at the entrance of the cafeteria. We sat at our usual seat and talked about what we'd order. After getting our food, we sat back down.

“Hey, mind if I join you?” Janey appeared, holding her lunch tray.

“Of course, sit,” I smiled.

“Hyun, I have to leave after lunch,” Hannah said.

“What? why?”

“I don’t know, my dad wants to take me back to Incheon to visit my grandmother. In the mean time you could stick with Janey, then you wouldn’t look like a complete loner,” Hannah smiled innocently.

“Gosh I hate you,” I glared at her before linking arms with Janey who was sitting beside me. “But at least I have Janey~”

“Are you trying to cheat on me?!” Hannah scoffed, making all of us laugh. After lunch, Hannah left while Janey and I went to change into our ballet attire. I was on my way to put my duffel bag of normal clothes into my locker when I caught sight of Jonghyun. I mentally cursed when he started to approach us.

“Hyun, I’m sorry about earlier on. I know I don’t have the rights anymore, forgive me?” he look at me with the cutest puppy eyes, maybe a little cuter than Sungmin’s.

“I hate it when you use those eyes on me,” I pouted. “You’re forgiven.”

“It always works, you always end up making food for me,” he shrugged. I recalled how he always used those eyes to get me to cook for him back then.

“It does,” I smile bitterly.

“I’ll walk you home later, kay?” he said, making me snap out of my thoughts.

“Sure.”

“I’ll wait for you outside the studio. Gotta go! Bye Hyun, bye Hyun’s friend!” he waved before jogging off to his next class.

“You cook for him?” Janey suddenly asked.

“What makes you think that?” I said nervously.

“He said ‘always end up making food for me’ so I’m guessing you cokl for him,” Janey said.

“Well, I used to. But that was a long time ago,” I smiled.

“Why would you?”

“Those cute puppy eyes and the sweetest smile.. You’ll never know how it feels,” I said and closed my locker. Ballet passed quickly. One girl, Min Kyung, sprained her ankle so lessons were halted for a while to attend to her. She got sent to the nurse’s office and everything was back to normal. Sometimes, I would notice Janey looking at me, then she would clench her fist and frown. I tried thinking about what upset her but I couldn’t find a possible reason. I shrugged it off and met up with Jonghyun outside the studio after dismissal. I told him to wait at my locker while I went to change. After I got my stuff, we left the school.

“So how’s life treating you?” he asked.

“Pretty good,” I said. My eyes wandered around and landed on the ice cream parlor. Jonghyun took my hand and dragged me to the shop.

“What are you doing? Let go,” I said as I struggled to keep up with him.

“I’d like one mint chocolate chip and one cookies and cream in a cup,” he said to the lady behind the counter.

“Oh, aren’t you SHINee’s Jonghyun?”

“Um, yes I am. We’re not dating, just so you know,” he said.

“Of course, I don’t think Kyuhyun would allow his sister to date at such an early age,” she smiled and keyed in our orders. Gosh, the things she doesn’t know..

“How did you know about me?” I asked.

“Please, your pictures are all over the Internet,” she smiled. “That’ll be 7,000 won.”

“I’ll pay,” Jonghyun said.

“I can pay for myself.”

“Then you’ll pay the next time we go out,” he said and handed the cashier the money.

I glared at him, “fine.”

“Thank you, come again.”

“Here,” he handed me the cup.

“Thanks. You still remember?” I asked softly.

“How could I forget? I still remember how you like your crusts on the bread, how you always stole my hoodies when you came over, and how you'd always ask me to hug you from be—"

"Stop it, Jonghyun. It was all in the past," I said, staring at my ice cream slowly turning into thick green liquid. I dumped mine away and Jonghyun followed suit.

"I'll just walk home on my own," I quickly walked away from him but was harshly pulled back by the arm.

"It doesn't have to remain in the past, we can still do it again. I can still hug you and you can still steal my hoodies, it'll be just like before. Hyun Jung, the only reason why I broke up with you was because my company forced me to," Jonghyun said. I scanned his face, especially his eyes, for any signs of lies. Nothing. None at all.

"You could've said no to them."

"Do you think you'd benefit from any of that? If I didn't get rid of you, they will," he said. At the words 'get rid', my heart literally felt as if there were forces pulling it in opposite directions. "Remember those construction workers? They were sent by SM, they were there to destroy your house, Hyun Jung. I begged them to give me another day, and that's when I broke up with you."

"They wouldn't.. You're lying!"

"I'm not, Hyun Jung. If I had a choice, I would never break up with you, never. My feelings for you haven't changed, they only grew stronger and I know you haven't either. Right?"

"I.. I—"

"Your feelings for me haven't changed yet, right?" he looked so desperate to hear his answer. I don't know why, for a second, the image of Donghae flashed through my mind. But it was quickly replaced by all the happy times with Jonghyun. The time when took me out on a picnic, when he surprised me with a back hug while I was walking. Those little things mean so much to me. But somehow, I feel indifferent to it. He doesn't make my heart beat like crazy anymore, things have changed and—

"My feelings have changed," I said outloud. His hands that gripped my shoulders tightly loosened and they fell to his sides. He stared at me in disbelief, disappointed and hurt. His eyes were glistening, and one lonely tear escaped his eyes, flowing down his cheek.

"The past didn't mean anything to you?" his voice was dry and hoarse.

"It's called 'the past' for a reason Jonghyun. Everything that happened back then, is meant to stay there. There's a reason why it's not happening in the present or the future. It's the past, we were in the past. You gave me a million reasons not to love you anymore, you didn't even give me one reason to keep holding on. I was a wreck when you left, Jonghyun, you can't just come strolling back into my life as if nothing happened. You hurt me. I can't afford to let you do it again," my vision blurred as tears threatened to spill. I tried holding them back but I failed to as the tears warmed my cheeks. I turned to leave. 

"Hyun Jung, please. Just give me another chance," he pleaded in a low whisper. 

"I can't afford to take anymore risks, Jonghyun," I shook my head, stepping away from him. "I just can't."

"Hyun Jung!" he shouted as I ran into the lobby of the apartment. I jabbed the up button impatiently and quickly went in before the doors could fully open. I rushed out as soon as I reached my floor and unlocked the door. Nobody was home. The dorm was so quiet, I wasn't used to it. Wiping my tears, I trudged back to my room and slammed the door shut, making Mimi jump and meow disapprovingly at me. I sighed and grabbed a box of tissues, I pulled one out and wiped my tears while turning my laptop on. While waiting for it to load, I headed to the kitchen and grabbed myself a tub of ice cream from the freezer together with a spoon. The flavour didn't matter, I just needed ice cream.

I the air condition and sat in front of my laptop. I opened google chrome and headed for Youtube, searching for "Simon and Martina's Kpop Music Mondays". I came across one of the videos I haven't watched and clicked on it. They were reviewing Brown Eyed Girl's Sixth Sense. I full screened it and leaned back into the chair, scooping some ice cream. I found myselfs laughing at their silly gags and jokes in no time. The video was over and I clicked on the next one and the next. After watching them review Infinite's Nothing Over, I wanted to watch the MV since the little moments of the cute boys appearing in the review video didn't satisfy my curiosity. I was listening to them sing Fixed Star when Kyuhyun walked in.

"Whatcha doing?" he skipped over and sat on my bed.

"When did you get back?" I sat up. "And have you ever hear of knocking? This is my room."

"Just now. Fine, I'm sorry," Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. "Oh what's that?"

I immediately shut my laptop, "excuse me, privacy!"

"Too late. So, your brother's in the world famous band Super Junior, you're not listening to my songs but to Infinite's. It's nice having a sister like you," Kyuhyun glared at me playfully.

"You guys are old. They're young," I shrugged. "But still older than me though."

"You like them a lot?" he asked.

"Kinda. I just got to know them. But I like this one best," I opened my laptop and pointed to the boy named Hoya.

"Why?" Kyuhyun's eyebrows knitted together as he studied my new found bias.

"He sings, raps and he's the dancing king," I smiled proudly. "Not to mention totally hot."

"I can sing, I'm DancingKyu, I did rock on Immortal Song and I'm totally hot too!" Kyuhyun pouted.

"You're not hot," I frowned in disgust. "Besides, the rock performance was only once."

"Mhm, then there's no other rational reason why girl all over Asia and probably the world swoon over me," he smirked.

"Then maybe it's just 'cause you sing good," I muttered and turned back to my laptop.

"You think I sing good?" Kyuhyun jumped up in excitement.

I gave him a sideways glare, "yes, I do, little Kyuhyun. Now, if you please, get out of my room."

"Fine," he pouted and left my room. "Leeteuk hyung! Hyun Jung thinks I sing good!"

"I can't believe he's the older one," I rolled my eyes and continued finding out more about my new pedo target the new band. I finished the ice cream while watching Sesame Player. Just as I finished all eight episodes, someone knocked on my door.

"Come in," I said, taking out my earpiece.

"Dinner time," Donghae smiled. I mentally sighed and nodded, following him out the door. The members were flocking around the dining table from the smell of that kimchi stew.

"We'll eat well," we said and began eating after settling in our usual seats. I didn't eat much since I was still pretty full from the ice cream I finished not too long ago. Everyone was engaged in their own conversation and I quietly finished my food, wanting to quickly go back to watching more shows with Infinite in it. As soon as I was done, I washed my own utensils and hurried back to my room.

"Aish, I haven't thrown this away yet. Disgusting," I muttered and took the empty tub of ice cream that had dried up and sticky smudges of chocolate on the sides. I walked to the kitchen and opened the rubbish chute.

"Eh? Someone ate my ice cream," Donghae said quietly. My eyes widened and I stared at the empty tub of chocolate floavoured ice cream.

"I.. I think I did," I bit my lip.

"Ah wae?!" Donghae whined and stomped his feet, throwing a child's tantrum and muttering something along the lines of always getting his ice cream eaten by others.

"I wasn't.. feeling good," I muttered.

Donghae pouted at me, "then as your punishment, you'll follow me to the store to buy more."

"Okay. Fine. I'll go change.." I sighed. As I turned my back to him, a smile spread across my face. It's been awhile since it's been just Donghae and I alone, I was excited. I changed into a comfortable baby pink hoodie and a pair of black shorts. There was no way I'm showing myself in public with my Tom and Jerry pajamas Heechul gave me. I stole some of Shindong's chips while I waited on the sofa for Donghae. He came out wearing a T-shirt and jeans. Gosh, he still looks as charming as ever.

"Let's go," he said. I got up and put on my sneakers.

"Where are you two going?" Leeteuk questioned. He was standing in the middle of the living room, holding a bowl of popcorn. Shindong lazily used his feet and nudged Leeteuk's . He moved a few steps forward so he wouldn't block Shindong.

"Buying ice cream because she ate mine," Donghae pointed at me.

"Okay. Be careful," Leeteuk said casually and joined Shindong on the couch. We left the building and walked towards the grocery store all of us frequented.

"So, why weren't you feeling good?" he asked, shoving his hands into his jeans pocket.

"Just you know.. bad day," I said, finding interest in the pavement.

"What happened? Jonghyun again?" he asked. I shook my head and kept walking. "Come on, I know it's him. What did he say to you?"

"What makes you think it's him," I scoffed.

He shrugged, "I just know. So what did he say?"

"He said to give him another chance," I sighed. He stopped walking, making me stop a few steps ahead and look at him.

"Are you gonna?" he asked seriously.

"I don't know," I said.

"You're not going to, right?" he grabbed my wrist.

"Why? Doesn't matter to you," I laughed.

"It does."

"Now why would it?" I shook his hand off and looked him in the eyes. Please say it's because you're jealous, please, please, please.

"Because Kyuhyun wouldn't like that," he said after a pause. I sighed in disappointment and continued walking.

"Let's just buy the ice cream and go," I said flatly and pushed the glass door to the supermarket open.

"You didn't answer my question! Are you going to or not?" he showed up beside me. I ignored him and continued browsing the selection of ice cream.

"They don't have my flavour," I said softly.

He grabbed my shoulders and roughly turned me to face him, "answer my question."

"No! I'm not! Now would you just pick your damn ice cream!" I huffed pushed his hands off.

"Thank goodness," he sighed in relief before picking out a cookies and cream flavoured one and a strawberry flavoured one. "Let's go."

"How much is it?" I asked pulling out my wallet. Donghae made me pay since I was the who ate his ice cream.

"8,000 won please," I handed him the money and Donghae grabbed the plastic bag. 

"Let's walk slowly," he said.

"But the ice cream would melt."

"It's nothing compared to spending some quality time with you," he turned to me and flashed the most charming smile ever. I looked away and swallowed hard on my saliva as my heart started beating faster.

"If I were you, I'd be running off to meet Jessica," I said.

"She's coming over tomorrow," thanks, Donghae. Really appreciated that.

"Oh. Okay,"" I muttered in disappointment. "Hurry up. I don't want the ice cream to melt."

"No, we'll walk slowly," he said stubbornly and held my hand with his free hand.

"Donghae, you're cheating on your girlfriend," I reminded.

"If you don't tell, I don't tell, nobody will know," he grinned. Oh, Donghae, you keep confusing me. If you really like Jessica, then stop trying to pull me towards you. If you like me, then why are you with Jessica?

"Okay, we're here. Let go now," I said. He let go and got his keys out to open the door. I put the ice cream in the freezer and went back to my room. I bathed and continued started watching You Are My Oppa. It got late and I hadn't finished the show yet. I decided to turn in for the night since there was school tomorrow. But, at least it was Friday.

End of POV

 

LOL SORRY. I just had to add in bits of Infinite 'cause I was being a little too biased. Hahaha. Comment a lot, okay? Sorry for the grammar and spelling mistakes. By the way, anyone willing to make me a poster or can recommend me any nice shops that make posters? Hehe