Discharged~

In a Super Junior World

Kyuhyun's POV:

When Hyun Jung fell asleep, the rest went back to the dorms except Leeteuk hyung. We sat on the couch as we watched her sleep. I was still debating with myself whether or not I should call umma. If I do, she'll come and take Hyun Jung away, and I don't want that. If I don't, I'll feel uncomfortable because umma has the right to know. 

"Hyung.." I sighed.

"Mwo?" 

"Should I call umma? I haven't told her anything. The last time when I called her about Hyun's hand, she flipped out and said she'd take her away if she ever received a call like that again. But if I don't tell her, it's not good because she has the right to know, and I don't want Hyun taken away from me," I rubbed my temple.

"As much as I don't want Hyun Jung to be taken away, it'd be better if you told your mother. Besides, it's better for Hyun Jung to get away from all this Jessica drama and just relax and recover in Canada. When she's recovered, then you can take her back. Your mother didn't say that she'd take her away forever," he replied. I took awhile to absorb what he was trying to say. I understand where he's coming from, but I really don't want Hyun to be taken away.

"Am I being selfish if I want to keep her here? Do you think she'd be happy if she stays here? I mean, for the past months that she came, she's been unhappy most of the time. The only happy time I recall was during the Shindong hyung's birthday party, playing the Wii with her and taking her to meet Infinite. That's it. The rest of the time she's either unhappy or she's getting herself into the hospital. I want her to stay but if she does, she's only going to get hurt. She suffered such injuries now, what happens when she recovers? She could get into a car accident and die or something. I really want her to stay, but I'm afraid she'd get hurt."

"She's not going to get into a car accident, relax. You're over thinking. If you protect her well enough, nothing like that is going to happen. You're worrying too much. As for whether or not your mother will take her away, the first thing you should do is tell her about Hyun Jung's condition. But take your time, when you're ready to tell her, you tell her. Okay?" he squeezed my shoulder.

I nodded. "Okay."

"Let's go back to the dorms," he stood up. I went over to Hyun Jung and pulled the blankets up.

"Hyun ah. Oppa's sorry. Oppa didn't protect you enough and now you're like that. I'll come back tomorrow morning, okay?" I brushed her bangs away from her eyes. i woke Mimi who was curled up at the foot of the bed and set her into the backpack so I could sneak her out. Leeteuk and I left the ward and got into the car. Once we left the hospital premises, I took Mimi out since I knew she'd be uncomfortable. We arrived at the dorms after a half hour drive. Some members were still up and about, all over the house. 

"She's okay, right?" Siwon asked.

"Yeah. She slept the whole time after you guys left."

"You know.. When I was watching her just now, before you guys came," I set the cat down and turned my attention to Heechul hyung. "She looked like she was having a nightmare. When she woke up, I told her to go back to sleep again. But she refused, as if she's afraid of something."

"Maybe just a really scary nightmare, she's been like that ever since we were kids. Don't worry too much about it. Thanks for telling me, Heechul hyung," I smiled.

"Arasso. Get some sleep, you have bags under your eyes. Not cool," he shook his head and patted some lotion on his cheeks. Aish. First he was being Concerned Hee, now he's being Diva Hee. I shook my head and went to my room with Mimi trailing behind. She’s been sleeping in my room ever since Hyun Jung was admitted into the hospital. Little cat’s afraid of sleeping by herself.

--

“Yeoboseyo?” I rubbed my eyes.

“Kyuhyun ah,” umma’s voice greeted. My eyes widened and I panicked.

“N- Neh umma?”

“How are things there? Good?”

“Y- Yes, of course!” I laughed nervously.

“Great. Your father and I, maybe Ahra will be coming over for Christmas. It’s been a while since I’ve seen my two children. Besides, it’s Hyun Jung’s birthday,” my heartbeat quickened. Umma coming for Christmas? She’ll see Hyun Jung in that state! I haven’t even told her yet, aish.

“Umma, why do you want to come over?”

“Is it wrong to spend Christmas with my children?”

“A- Ani..”

“We’ll most likely arrive on Christmas Eve. I’ll call you again for our flight details, arasso?”

“Neh, umma,” I said.

“Mmm. Saranghae,” she said in the motherly voice of hers.

“Sraranghae,” umma hung up first. I slammed my head back onto my pillow. Since I couldn’t sleep anymore, I went to freshen up and headed outside.

“Hyung,” I whined, slumping onto the couch.

“Wae?” Leeteuk responded, flipping TV channels.

“Umma’s coming on Christmas,” I groaned.

“Mwo? Jinjja? Kyuhyun ah, you’re in deep ,” he laughed.

“Hyung, it isn’t funny when you’re me,” I pouted. “Eoddeoke?”

“Just let her come. It’s not like you can convince her otherwise.”

“But still.. She’s going to explode when she sees Hyun Jung in that wheelchair. Then she’ll take her away,” I messed my hair in frustration.

“You can just tell her that it’s inconvenient for Hyun Jung to travel because she’s in a wheelchair,” my eyes lit up. Why didn’t I think of that earlier?!

“Doesn’t mean I’ll be spared of the earful I’m gonna get..”

“You’re going to get that scolding either over the phone or when she comes. Just it up, Kyuhyun ah,” he shook his head. I sighed and went to change, ready to visit Hyun Jung. News had somehow gotten out that Hyun Jung was in the hospital. Fans even knew which hospital she was in. Everyday, they would crowd around the entrance holding gifts and whatnot. Some sneaky few had managed to come in and pass her gifts. A few articles had been released too. They even knew the details of her injury and I’m sitting here like: How the heck did you get all that information?! When I scrolled through the comments, 90% of them were wishing her a speedy recovery while the remaining bitter ones left hateful remarks.

Day of discharge~

“Your ex-ray says nothing’s wrong. With lots of rest and care, you’ll recover. Remember not to pressure your ankle or that’s it. Do take care of yourself,” Dr.Yoo who had been examining me the entire time and checking up on me reminded.

“Neh. Kamsahabnida, Dr. Yoo. I must’ve been a troublesome patient,” I said.

“Aniyo. It’s my job. Take care. If anything happens just come back. Which I hope nothing actually happens,” he chuckled.

“Neh. See you soon,” I smiled as I adjusted my position on the wheelchair that Kyuhyun was standing behind of.

“You want to come back here?” He shot me a quizzical and amused look.

“Aniyo, aniyo,” I said, flustered at my choice of words. “But I’ll be coming back for regular check-ups, though.”

“Yes, you will. The clerk at the front desk will inform you everything,” he smiled. All the members, Hannah and I thanked him one last time before he pushed me out of the room and to the counter. I sat with them as Kyuhyun and Leeteuk went to settle everything.

“It’s going to be hard doing things like bathing and going to the bathroom with her injury and all of you are guys. Will it okay if I come over to your dorm so I can take care of her? I’ll be coming pretty often so if it’s not okay with you guys..”

“We’ll be grateful if you would,” Donghae smiled. The rest of them nodded in agreement and Hannah thanked them.

“Hannah.. You don’t have to. At most we’ll just hire a nurse,” I said.

“Why waste money hiring a nurse when I’m here doing it for free?” she smiled.

“You’re not a nurse, you’re my best friend,” I frowned.

“I’ll be your nurse until you recover,” she shrugged. I sighed and just let her have her way. What she said was true. I have no idea how I’m going to take a piss and bathe with that annoying cast on my leg.

“You gonna be okay?” Hangeng asked, patting my shoulder.

“I guess so,” I sighed. Right now, my mind wasn’t filled with negative thoughts. But I know when I’m lying on my bed, trying to sleep, those thoughts would come back. Everything was settled and Kyuhyun was holding onto my schedule for my rehab and whatever. When we got to the van, Siwon had to lift me up and sat me inside the car while Kyuhyun folded the wheelchair and put it in the trunk of the van. The members were split in half and we travelled in two cars. Leeteuk, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Eunhyuk, Siwon, Hangeng, Hannah and I sat in one car. Heechul, Yesung, Sungmin, Kangin, Ryeowook, Kibum, Shindong in the other. I was sandwiched in between Siwon and Kyuhyun the whole ride home. The members chatted happily during the ride and I quietly rested my head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder. Soon, we arrived at the dorms and the car pulled to a stop. The others got off the car first and Kyuhyun went to get my wheelchair while Siwon was carrying me in his arms.

“Sorry.. I’m being a bother,” I mumbled.

“What are you saying? It’s my pleasure to help. Besides, you’re as light as a feather, I could blow you all the way to America,” he chuckled as he placed me onto my wheelchair gently.

“Thanks, Siwon,” I smiled. He returned my smile and pushed my wheelchair into the lobby while Kyuhyun was holding my bag. The members let me get onto the elevator first and they tried to squeeze in together. When the limit came, the rest just had to wait for the next one. This was the bad point about being such a big group. The worst part is, my wheelchair was taking up a third of the space in the lift. We got out and Leeteuk opened the door for us. The rest of the members joined us not long after we got in and everyone just went about their own things. Hannah helped me change (yes, we are that close) into comfortable clothes and I lent her mine too since she was going to be staying for hours and she’d feel uncomfortable with the skinny jeans.

“I don’t like how you’re basically slaving yourself to me,” I said.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it, okay? It’s not bothering me in any way,” she smiled. “And I’ve got something important to tell you.”

“What?”

“You know how you were pushed and you didn’t trip?” she said.

“Yeah..”

“Well, I told Jonghyun about it.”

“And? Keep going, stop saying your words in little chunks,” I frowned.

“Okay, well, Jonghyun managed to find out who did it,” she stated.

“How?”

“Apparently, she confronted him and told him everything. She’s crazy, I tell you, crazy. There’s something wrong up here,” Hannah pointed to her head.

“Who is it?”

“It’s..”