Saved but not saved?

In a Super Junior World

Another door clicked open and Hyun Jung emerged from her own cubicle. The sight that greeted her seemed to have been a slap right across the face. There, lying on the floor and bleeding profusely was her best friend for at least half her lifetime and standing nearby was the one who had the deepest hatred for her. Hyun Jung didn’t even have time to scream or cry before she was backhanded across the face and landed on he ground.

“Looks like I got the wrong person,” Bongsoon giggled. “But it makes you suffer all the same.”

“Hannah!” she began to sob while making a grab for her hand. Bongsoon picked up her left leg and twisted it as hard as she could and a shrill scream of pure pain flooded the entire bathroom. Her other leg suffered the same fate and both her feet were twisted at gruesome angles. For the finishing blow, Bongsoon pulled out a second knife and plunged it into the shoulder of Hyun Jung who was already on the brink of unconsciousness from shock and pain. Before she could do more damage, the bathroom door burst open and Bongsoon was tackled to the floor by Jiwon. After cuffing her, Jiwon called the ambulance. There was a huge crowd around the ambulance and Hannah’s gurney was loaded onto the first ambulance followed by Hyun Jung. There were makeshift splints on both her legs as well as a white cloth used to soak up her blood. Behind them was Jiwon and reinforcements surrounding Bongsoon so she wouldn’t get away. She was shoved into the police car which zoomed off. Those who recognized her from the news gasped and pointed.

“Are all of you here for Cho Hyun Jung and Hannah Choi?” the doctor read from a clipboard in his hands.

“We’re here for Cho Hyun Jung and are acquaintances with Hannah,” Kyuhyun answered. Hannah’s parents were already at her ward.

“Ms. Cho is in the ICU, only family please,” he said.

“We all are,” Leeteuk stated firmly, giving Kyuhyun a knowing look.

“Um..” he scanned the group of idols in front of him who shot him intense gazes as if to say ‘if you don’t let us see her, our ELF will murder you in your sleep.’ “Right this way.”

“Can we see how Hannah is doing first? If it wasn’t for her..” Sungmin couldn’t continue.

“Sure,” the doctor led them to Hannah’s ward first.

“Will she be okay?” Siwon asked the doctor, worriedly glancing between Hannah and him.

“Unfortunately not. It’s highly unlikely she’ll wake up anytime soon, much less have a chance to live,” he said with a sigh. They didn’t hang around her ward too long and was led to Hyun Jung’s soon after.

“We lost her once on the way here but we managed to revive her. She suffered a lot. The stab to her shoulder was quite shallow, which is fortunate. If it went deeper, her spinal cord would be affected and her upper body will be paralyzed. The thing I’m worried about is her legs. Both have been twisted and broken. The nerves have been torn and walking will no longer be possible for her, not to mention sports, dancing, running etc.”

“D- Dancing is her life,” Kyuhyun choked out a sob. “She’s suffered this kind of pain once how do you think she’ll handle a second time?! And she’ll never be able to walk much less dance. It’s worse than just killing her!”

“I’m very sorry. But there’s nothing we can do to help her anymore. Too much damage has been done,” he sighed.

“Will she wake up?” Heechul asked.

“That was thing I was going to mention to you. Her mind is active, it’s only her body that doesn’t want to cooperate. It could take days, weeks, months and if you’re unlucky, years. I just want to let you know that if you have to wait that long for her to wake up, just free her of her pain. If you decide to, let us know and we’ll give her an injection that’ll let her go painlessly.”

“She’ll wake up. She will,” Leeteuk wiped a tear away.

“I’ll give you some time to yourselves then,” the doctor bowed before leaving the ward. Kyuhyun was still sobbing softly by the side and was being comforted by Sungmin. Donghae took her hand and looked at her pathetic form. There were tubes connecting to her various machines and packets of liquid.

You’ll wake up for sure, you’re strong, Hyun Jung, I know that.

~~

Weeks passed but Hyun Jung wasn’t showing any signs of improvement at all. Kyuhyun and her parents were called down to Seoul. Of course, mommy Cho was in hysterics. The members were beginning to panic, Kyuhyun and Donghae especially. They were all trying to think of ways to wake her up. They tried playing Infinite’s songs, got Hoya to speak to her on the phone and made sure she heard them announce that the room was decorated with Infinite posters. It seemed childish but it was worth a try. But nothing worked, there was no movement at all. Although they didn’t admit it, deep inside they were all beginning to lose hope.

“Donghae hyung, where’d you go?” Kyuhyun asked.

“I went to meet Jessica..” he answered lifelessly.

“What for?” Kyuhyun’s face darkened. Here was his beloved sister and Donghae’s girlfriend struggling between life and death and there he was meeting other girls?

“I went to give her the money she’s been demanding for the past months. Hyun Jung isn’t here to make my life better, I don’t need Jessica to make it worse. She’s finally off my back,” Donghae pulled up a plastic chair and sat beside Kyuhyun.

Lee Donghae, I thought I told you not to give the money to her?! Someone is going down.

“DIE!” Hyun Jung’s eyes snapped open. The other two jerked their heads towards her with wide eyes.

“She’s awake! Call the doctor right now!” Donghae rushed to her side while Kyuhyun spammed the emergency button.

“You’re finally awake,” Donghae held her hand tightly.

“You gave her the money,” Hyun Jung’s eyes narrowed at him.

“Y- You heard?” Tears brimmed in his eyes.

“Of course I did! Take me to that right now!”

“You’re not going anywhere just yet,” the same doctor jogged into the room and conducted a simple check up. “All is well.”

The two guys heaved a sigh of relief at the doctor’s statement.

“Wait, wait,” all the heads turned to her. “I can’t.. I can’t feel my legs.”

“About that—”

“It really happened?” Her face was pale.

“Hyun—” Kyuhyun was cut off by her pulling the covers off. Both her legs were in permanent thick white casts.

“So I can never walk on my two feet again..” Hyun Jung breathed out slowly and shakily. “I can never.. Never dance again, right?”

“You can do other things,” Donghae said.

“You’re right,” all of them were stunned. They expected her to scream, cry, throw a fit. Being calm was what they least expected, heck, they didn’t even expect it at all. “There are other things to do.”

“Yeah, you can try writing,” Kyuhyun egged her on. “Or singing.”

Hyun Jung smiled bitterly and shook her head. “Hannah must be in the hospital as well. Take me to her.”

“Hyun Jung, Hannah’s—”

“Resting,” Donghae interrupted. “Hannah’s resting. You should too, I’ll take you to her some other time.” Hyun Jung nodded. Unsure, Kyuhyun just helped her lie down again.

 

Ok so she woke up quite unbelievably.. Ha. Ha. :x