Heechul to the rescue?

In a Super Junior World

Hyun Jung’s POV:

“Hurry up, we’ll miss the bus,” Hannah pulled me forward.

“Then we’ll miss it. I’m still ticked off on how you accepted him without my permission,” I frowned.

“Come on, he’s a nice guy,” Hannah rolled her eyes. The bus came shortly after we arrived the nearest bus stop. We got on and found ourselves a seat. After a ten minute bus ride, we got off outside Lotte Mall. Hannah was all excited and everything while I just wanted to get this over with and head home.

“We’ll try here,” Hannah said and dragged me into the first boutique she saw. There weren’t really anything that caught my eye so I just sat on one of the chairs and waited for Hannah. I’m the kind that once I see nothing the interests me, I’ll just walk away. But Hannah was flipping through the clothes here and there.

“Are you done? You’re taking forever and this is only the first shop we’ve been to,” I grumbled and rested my chin on my hand while tracing random shapes with my sneakers on the tiled floor.

“I’m done, let’s go,” she said. We walked around and entered another store. I looked around, pulling out random dresses here and there, but nothing caught my eye.

“You found anything?” I asked.

“No. Plus, the stuff here are way off my budget,” Hannah muttered. We left the store and looked for another. It was 3pm and I was getting hungry.

“Yah, let’s grab a bite,” I said. Hannah agreed and we entered a fast food outlet nearby. After filling out stomachs, we headed out in search of our dresses. We entered Forever 21 and began looking. I started looking at the accessories first and found a cute connector ring, the price was reasonable too. Deciding on that, I went in search of my dress. I was just about to give up looking when I saw a cute black dress.

“Hannah! I found something, you?” I took the dress along with the hanger and looked for her.

“So did I!” she had a white one in hand. Smiling, we went to pay for our items. After leaving the store, we bought a cup of frozen yoghurt from Frolick and waited the bus home. The weather wasn’t as chilly as yesterday so I didn’t need to wear it thick. Hannah and I had to take different buses home so she left first when her bus came. I finished my cup and threw it away in the trash just as my bus came. It was a twenty minute ride home and I almost dozed off. I got off and headed into the lobby. I was nearing the lift when I saw someone get in, not wanting to waste time waiting for another one, I ran for it.

“Hey! Wait up,” the guy quickly held the door for me.

I straightened my clothes, “thank y— Donghae?”

“Hi,” he smiled.

“Where did you come home from? I raised an eyebrow. He wasn’t with the members or his manager.

“Jessica’s place,” he said warily.

“O- Oh, okay,” I mumbled and stared at the red numbers, praying the lift would go faster.

“You.. Went shopping?” he asked, looking at my bag.

“I’ve got prom on Friday,” I said.

“You going with anyone?”

“Yeah, a guy asked me so I said yes, sort of,” I replied.

“A guy? Who—” the ‘ding’ signaled we reached our floor. I got out first and unlocked the door for us. The members were all home and doing their own thing.

“You guys came home together?” Leeteuk raised an eyebrow.

“No we met at the lift,” I replied, taking off my shoes.

“Why are you later than usual?” Kyuhyun asked.

“Shopping,” I answered simply, heading to my room.

“Shopping for what?” he asked, poking his head through the gap of the open door.

“Prom.”

“What’s up with all the one worded answers?” he frowned, coming into my room.

“Problem?”

“You’re doing it again,” he pointed.

“Sorry,” I rolled my eyes and set my shopping bag down. He gave me a look and I burst out laughing. “Okay, I’ll stop.”

“Who are you going with?”

“A guy I know,” I said.

“What’s his name?”

“I’m not telling you!” I replied, heading to my wardrobe for my comfortable clothes. I walked into the bathroom and changed. When I came out, Kyuhyun was holding up the dress and scrutinizing it.

“Hey what are you doing? Put it down, didn’t say you could touch,” I frowned, dumping my clothes in the laundry basket by the door.

“At least it’s not too flashy. But I don’t like how it exposes your arms. It better reach your knees,” he looked at me.

“It doesn’t reach my knees. Maybe two, three inches above?” I said, snatching it away from him.

“What’s his name and what’s the boy like?” he asked again.

“His name is Tae Jun and he’s very nice,” I replied, hanging it carefully in my wardrobe. I took connector ring out from the bag and placed it in my accessories drawer before folding the bag and chucking it somewhere.

“He better not do anything to you. I’m watching your every move,” he warned.

“He won’t, and no, you’re not watching my every move because you don’t know where I went,” I replied curtly.

“Whatever, you get my point. Dinner will be ready soon,” he said, heading towards the door.

“Need help?”

“No it’s almost done, just come out when I call you,” he said.

“Will do. Close the door on your way out,” I my laptop. He grumbled and closed the door. I updated my twitter after a long time and watched some videos on YouTube. Kyuhyun called me out soon after. Leeteuk and Sungmin did the dishes and I went back to my room. I watches a few episodes of Poseidon and immediately loved the drama.

“Siwon, think fast,” I threw a sloppy high kick at him and he dodged it effortlessly.

“What was that for,” he whined.

“Your drama’s awesome,” I smiled.

“So sweet,” he smiled back and hugged me tight. “God will bless you.”

“No, God will bless you if you let me go now,” I groaned. He let me go and ruffled my hair before I trudged back to my room. I watched the drama until it got late before I showered and headed to bed.

Prom day~

“Wake up or you’ll be late, I’m not driving you today!” Kyuhyun screamed into my ear.

“I don’t have to go to school today,” I groaned and covered my ears with my pillow.

“Why not?”

“There’s nothing except prom in the evening so let me sleep,” I said irritatedly. He didn’t reply but left my room. I slept later into the day and wouldn’t have woken up if it weren’t for my phone blasting Paradise into my ear.

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered groggily.

“Hyun Jung ah, this is Tae Jun,” he said. I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

“Yes how can I help you?” I blinked, still half awake.

“I can’t make it tonight. My mom fell sick, so I got my friend to keep you company, is that okay?”

“Mm, yeah, sure,” I said.

“Sorry.”

“It’s cool. Hope she gets well soon,” my eyes closed.

“Thanks. Have fun tonight, bye,” I muttered a goodbye and fell back onto my pillow. I was just about to fall asleep again when my phone
rang.

“What?” I hissed, annoyed.

“Someone got up on the wrong side of the bed,” Hannah grumbled.

“Sorry,” I sighed.

“You’re not still sleeping are you?”

“… No,” my eyes shot open.

“Good. You wanna head to the salon to get your hair done?”

“I think I’ll just leave it as it is,” I yawned.

“Okay, I’ll meet you outside the school at 7, we’ll head inside together.”

“Sure. I gotta go, bye,” I said. She said goodbye and I hung up. Seeing how I couldn’t fall asleep anymore, I went to wash up. Leeteuk, Heechul, Sungmin, Donghae, Siwon and Hangeng were at home but the rest were nowhere to be found.

“We heard you have prom tonight,” Leeteuk said.

“Kyuhyun told you?” they nodded. I shook my head and joined Hangeng and Siwon on the couch.

“Hungry? I can cook fried rice for you if you want,” Hangeng straightened my hair.

“No it’s fine,” I rubbed my blocked nose. “What time is it?”

“It’s 4pm,” Sungmin answered.

“I slept in that much?” I rubbed my eyes.

“Don’t worry, Donghae got up five minutes before you did,” Leeteuk said. “Are you sick?”

The members turned their heads towards me. “I’m not, don’t worry. I think I should go prepare.”

“At least eat something..” Hangeng muttered.

“There’ll be food, don’t worry,” I smiled and headed to my room. I showered and blew my hair dry before sitting in front of my dresser trying to think of ways to do my hair. Feeling lazy, I just decided to curl it a little. It was done in no time and I moved on to makeup. I didn’t want too much gunk on my face so I stuck with simple eyeliner, curled my eyelashes, a little foundation and lipgloss. Satisfied, I put on my dress.

I shoved my phone, ID and some cash into my clutch and fixed my hair before heading out with my shoes hooked on my fingers and my coat slung over my arm.

“How do I look?” I asked, twirling on the spot.

“Definitely prom queen material,” Leeteuk gawked.

“Agreed,” the rest said after.

“Thanks,” I smiled and put on my heels and coat. The members wouldn’t stop staring, Donghae especially.

“I’ll drive you there,” he said. I looked up from my shoes and blinked.

“No, it’s fine. I’ll driving there,” I said, wondering why he’d so such a thing.

“He should, it’s cold and you’re wearing so little,” Hangeng said.

“Plus you haven’t drove in a while, you may get into an accident and the dress would go to waste,” Leeteuk added on.

I rolled my eyes, “please oppa, my driving skills are much better than you think. I’m not like you, I can drive properly. I have my coat and besides, prom is indoors.”

“Just let me take you. I’ll go put on something thicker,” Donghae said stubbornly. He walked away before I could even say anything. Donghae came out soon after with a jacket and his car keys. I bid goodbye to the members and left the building with Donghae. We got into the car and he drove off.

“So.. Who’s your date?”

“I actually have no idea,” I bit my lip, trying to guess who could Tae Jun’s ‘friend’ be.

“How come?”

“My supposed date couldn’t come today, so he got his friend to keep me company instead, but he didn’t tell me who.”

“Oh. Well, if you want, I could be your date,” he chuckled.

“No way, the girls there would go crazy,” I smiled. “So.. How’s it with Jessica?”

“Speaking of her.. You know that incident?” my smile disappeared. “I just wanted to say that I’m really sorry. I didn’t know what came over me that day. If I hurt you, just know that I didn’t mean it and I would never hurt you, okay? I want us to be like before, sharing ice cream and making fun of each other, not those same old ‘have you eaten?’ and ‘yeah, I have’ kinda thing, you get what I’m saying?”

“Donghae you’ve already apologized, there’s no need to do it again,” I said.

“But apologizing didn’t erase that scar I gave you, did it? Because if it did, we wouldn’t be like this now, no matter how much you say you’re okay and I’m forgiven, you know things aren’t the same, you know we’re awkward.”

“Okay. I get it. We’ll be like before. But Jessica wouldn’t like it. She.. Doesn’t like me. I don’t like her either,” I said.

“Why don’t you like her?”

“It’s.. It’s nothing. But whatever I do to her in the future, just know that it’s all for your own good. Okay? Remember that.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Just remember that. Promise me,” I held out my pinky. He looked and me unsurely but hooked our fingers together. “Thanks for driving me.”

“No problem. Can you.. Call me oppa again? Like before?” he looked at me.

“Thank you, Donghae oppa. Bye,” she smiled and unbuckled her seatbelt. “I.. I love you.”

End of POV

 

Donghae’s POV:

“I.. I love you.”

Before I had the chance to respond, the door slammed shut and she waved one last time before leaving. Did she just? She didn’t, right? It couldn’t be. It’s not possible.

I.. I love you

She did. She said it. She said it once but she was drunk, her saying it again when she’s sober is totally different. I liked it. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, something.. Something I’ve hardly felt, no, never felt, when I was with Jessica. I’ve always wondered why the one making me smile, making my heart beat faster than usual, giving me butterflies in my stomach, was all her and not Jessica. Does it mean I love her instead? But it’s not possible, the one for me is Jessica, everyone says we’re perfect for each other. But it doesn’t feel the same. Being with Hyun Jung makes me feel happier than when I’m with Jessica. What’s wrong with me? I should ask Heechul hyung, or maybe Eunhyuk. Heechul hyung is an expert in this kind of things.

I drove home as fast as I could and charged to Heechul hyung’s room.

“Hyung! Help me!” I panted.

“What? What’s wrong?” he asked, a little flustered. He was on the bed with Heebum.

“I have a problem,” I mumbled.

“Okay, come in, close the door and sit down,” I did as told. “What’s wrong?”

“You know I’m dating Jessica, right?” he face contorted into one of disgust and anger.

“What about her?”

“It’s about her and Hyun Jung. When I’m with Jessica, the only love I feel like I’m giving her is brotherly love. She doesn’t make my heart beat, she doesn’t make me feel warm inside when she smiles or tell me that she loves me, she hardly says that anyway. But with Hyun Jung, it’s totally different. She makes me feel what Jessica doesn’t. And she said she loved me just now—”

“She what?” he grit his teeth. “Continue.”

“And I felt warm and nice. But I’m supposed to he in love with Jessica! Everyone says we’re the perfect couple! I’m confused!” I whined.

“Okay. We’ll first talk about Jessica. She doesn’t love you,” he said.

“What?”

“She doesn’t love you. Not in the past not now. She hit on me the last time you guys dated. She hurt Hyun Jung on purpose during that incident a month ago. She. Doesn’t. Love. You.”

“Then.. Why is she with me?”

“That one.. I can’t tell you. But just know that she doesn’t love you. Now, we’ll talk about Hyun Jung. That silly girl is all over you. Do you not see the look in her eyes when you bring Jessica over? Did you see how badly she cried when you took Jessica’s side over her’s when it was clearly Jessica’s fault? She’s the one that truly loves you, not Jessica. The reason why you feel all those things with her and not Jessica is because you, Lee Donghae, you love her.”

“But Jessica and I are perfect for each other, everyone says so,” I mumbled.

“As corny as it may sound, I’m going to say it for the sake of you and Hyun Jung,” he took a deep breath. “Everyone says you’re perfect for each other, but does your heart say so? Does your mind say so? If it does, the one you should be feeling all those things with is Jessica. Whether you admit it or not, the one your heart, the one you are yearning for, is Hyun Jung. You want to be with Hyun Jung, but you’re in denial, you’re under an illusion that you love Jessica. You say you love Jessica, but your actions show that you love Hyun Jung. You’re sending the poor girl mixed signals, Donghae. She’s just as confused as you are about her feelings, if not more and what do they always say about words and actions? That famous saying.”

“Actions.. Speak louder than words.”

Exactly. Break up with Jessica, Donghae. Just because Hyun Jung loves you doesn’t mean you don’t have any competitors. Don’t ask me how I know, but Jonghyun is a strong rival, just thought I’d put that out there.”

“Jonghyun?” I recalled how Hyun Jung told me they dated and he was asking for a second chance. “Oh .”

“So hurry along, do your lovey dovey confession and break up with Jessica.”

End of POV

 

Lol, idk if Forever 21 has that dress, but we'll pretend that they do. Haha, saw that poster? Do you like it?