Leaving

In a Super Junior World

 

Hyun Jung’s POV:

“Well that was fun!” Eunhyuk yawned and stretched.

“Thanks for everything, guys,” I smiled and rested my head on Kyuhyun’s shoulder who was sitting beside me on the couch.

“Aren’t you touched?” Heechul smirked.

“Far from that,” I rolled my eyes.

“Anyways, you have to be at the airport tomorrow by 7am, don’t you? You better sleep now,” Leeteuk reminded. I looked towards the wall clock, it was already breaking 1am. My parents and Ahra left around 10 and we’ve been doing nothing but just talking and playing silly games.

“Yeah. Thanks for the presents and that epic cake smash. Although that was dirty, it was fun because it was you guys who did it. I won’t ever forget it,” I gripped the hem of my shirt tighter.

“You better not forget,” Heechul ruffled my hair.

“Alright. Go to sleep, we’ll clean up here,” Sungmin said. I nodded and Kyuhyun lifted me onto the wheelchair before pushing me into the bathroom like I had asked him to so I could wash my face and brush my teeth before heading to bed. When I was done, Kyuhyun was sitting on the armchair waiting for me.

“When you get there call me immediately understand?” he said in a protective tone and I nodded.

“Be careful there. It’s not Korea, you can get lost and meet dangerous people. Stay at home unless you really have to leave the house. When you do, get someone to go with you, okay?”

“Neh~” I replied.

“I’ll miss you. Skype me every night, okay?”

“Arasso, oppa. A goodnight hug?” I stretched my right arm out.

“A goodbye hug,” he wrapped me securely within his arms. My eyes got wetter as the hug tightened.

Come on. It’s not as if you’re leaving forever. it up.

“Goodnight oppa,” I said when he pulled away. He lifted me up and onto my bed and pulled the covers over.

“Goodnight, princess,” he pinched my cheeks and left the room after turning off the lights. My eyes landed on the box filled with the letters I wrote. I wonder how they’d react. Nah, probably nothing much. I’m not that important to them as I made myself out to be in my head.

“You gotta wake up now, you’ll miss your flight,” I woke up to Kyuhyun shaking my shoulders. It was still dark out, my guess was that it’s still probably around 5am. I groggily got out of bed and prepared myself for the day. After my shower, I grabbed a tote bag and packed all the stuff I’d need for my flight before wheeling myself out to the dining table. Surprisingly, the boys were all up and about, all half asleep. The table was silent apart from the clanking of silverware and a few “pass me this” or “pass me that”.

“Kyuhyun? Can you push me to my room?”

“Sure,” once we arrived inside, I told him to close the door.

“What do I do with her?” I pointed at Mimi who was still curled up at the foot of my bed sleeping.

“Hide her in your bag for a while and we can check her in at the airport. Get some snacks for her and that special kind of water bottle you have,” he instructed.

“Help me get it, please? Hehe,” I smiled.

“Aish. Arasso,” he rolled his eyes and began heading out.

“Wait,” he stopped and turned. “The letters.. Pass it to them once my flight has taken off, okay?”

“Arasso. Get changed and we’ll go pick umma and appa up,” he smiled and shut the door. I liked how he didn’t bother mentioning Ahra, hehe. That’s right you little idiot, Kyuhyun’s closer to me than he is to you!

“Okay! Come back soon,” Eunhyuk waved from the front door along with the rest.

“Neh!” Kyuhyun replied while I kept the figedting Mimi still. The door close and we headed down to the carpark. Kyuhyun lifted me into the passenger seat and folded my wheelchair before placing it in the trunk and driving off. I buckled my seatbelt and got Mimi out.

“Isn’t this your first time on a plane?” I rubbed my hand against her smooth fur.

“It is?” Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Yes— Red light!” the car came to an abrupt stop, flinging me forward a little while I kept my arms around Mimi. “Kyuhyun, shut up and just drive without trying to kill us, would you?”

“Fine, fine,” he rolled his eyes. Soon, we arrived at the hotel they were staying at. They were already waiting with their suitcase and all. There was only one since they stayed for only a day.

“Good morning!” I greeted.

“Good morning dear,” appa said and got into the car along with umma and Ahra after stowing the suitcase in the trunk.

“Okay, everything’s settled! Mimi’s safe, just collect her from the pet pickup at the other airport,” Kyuhyun came back from the check in counters.

“Arasso,” I said. The sun had risen by now and it was nearing 8am, my departure time.

“Alright, time to head into the departure hall,” appa got up from his seat and took position behind my wheelchair. This is it, goodbye for four months! It’s not a long time, but it feels like I’m never coming back. Only a sigh could escape my mouth as we approached the entrance to the departure hall with two policemen stationed at two ends of it.

“Bye umma, appa, noona, Hyunnie,” he looked at each one of us with a meaningful gaze. Seeing that almost made me not want to leave. I felt like just jumping out of my wheelchair and start crawling to his car to go back to the dorm. But no, that would be selfish of me. If I stay, they would have to take care of me. If I go, the maid can take care of me.

“Bye oppa,” I gave him one last hug.

“Come back soon, healthy and safe,” he whispered and patted my back.

“I will. Take care of yourself. And remember, the letters,” I reminded one last time. My eyes landed on the bunch of running figures. My eyesight so I couldn’t make out who they were through the distance. Why are they running in the airport? Sheesh, public nuisance. One even bumped into another guy.

“Cho Hyun Jung, where are you?!” I heard a shout. Oh my God, no way. No. Freaking. Way. It’s not possible! They didn’t have the slightest clue back at the dorms!

“A- Appa, let’s hurry in. Don’t want to miss our flight!” I said nervously, not taking my eyes off the running figures. I managed to make out Donghae, Shindong and Leeteuk.

“Okay, let’s go,” he turned my wheelchair around such that I was facing the entrance. We had barely taken five steps into the departure hall when I heard a commotion from behind.

“Hyun! Please don’t go,” I heard Donghae shout. I fearfully turned around an saw him struggling to break free from the officers. My eyes began to get wet as all the members began to join Donghae at the entrance.

“Hyun Jung, you didn’t tell them?” umma asked, completely shocked.

“No..” my voice came our hoarse when I saw Eunhyuk beginning to tear up. Aish, that crybaby. “Let’s just go.”

“Are you sure?” appa raised an eyebrow.

“It’s too late now,” I sighed and wheeled myself to the counters for passport and ticket screening.

“Don’t leave!” I heard Donghae shout over the noise the boys were making.

You’re too late, Donghae. A step too late.

End of POV

 

Donghae’s POV:

I was heading back into my room when I saw her door slightly ajar. It was off since she always had the habit of shutting her door when she was out. I was about to close it when I saw her bed in a mess. Aish, this lazy girl never makes her bed. I shook my head and went in. In no time, her bed was all neat. My elbow knocked something over. I quickly turned around and saw a box opened on the floor with papers spilled out. I bent down and started to pick up the paper. But something caught my eye. My name was written on one.

Donghae, this is probably going to be the most corny letter you’ve ever read, but just know I tried my best to make it as least corny as possible. Anyway, Kyuhyun probably handed you and all the boys one of these letters. If you were wondering why I didn’t come back with him, then well, I’m actually on a plane to Canada right now. Shocked aren’t you? You’re probably asking why I’m leaving. Actually, remember the last time I got burnt by Jessica? Yeah, well, umma threatened Kyuhyun that she’d take me away if I got hurt one more time. As you can see, I’m in a pretty bad condition right now. I didn’t want to leave you guys, especially when there’s Ahra waiting at the other end. -.- But I figured I’d only cause more trouble and burden you guys if I stay any longer. I can’t do anything for myself, I can’t get into a car on my own, I can’t help you guys with your chores, I can’t do anything. I hope you understand why I’m doing this. On to another topic, I hope you finally break up with her when I come back. Being around her just isn’t good for you and your money. You little five year old kid, I won’t be there to look out for you once I’m gone. The worse part? You won’t be there to look out for me. Every little thing you’ve done for me made me fall for you a bit more everyday. I remember the time when I just moved in, we were seriously at each other’s neck every single day. But I guess over time we’ve grown closer. Feelings were formed and.. Jessica came in. Well, let’s not talk about the unpleasant things, shall we? I also remember the time you saved me from the sick-in-the-head Janey. If it weren’t for you, I’d be dead and watching you in heaven, which is where I’d rather be than in Canada with Ahra. So.. I hope you don’t take this too hard. Please take care of yourself, eat your food and have enough rest. I love you, Donghae. More than a friend. Get the message, would you? See you in four months!

“HYUNG, WE HAVE TO GET TO THE AIRPORT NOW!” I shouted and ran to my room to put on thicker clothing.

“What?” Leeteuk shouted back.

“Hyun Jung’s leaving for Canada! We have to hurry and stop her,” I put on my shoes. The members were all alarmed and staring at me.

“Are you serious?” Leeteuk looked at me.

“Yes, she wrote all of you letters! It’s in her room on the floor, now hurry up, or I’m leaving on my own!” everyone rushed into her room. Leeteuk emerged the first with the box in hand.

“We’ll read it on the way there, let’s go!”

“Where is she?!” Hangeng scanned the place.

“Just look for someone on a wheelchair,” I said and began running in search for her. “Cho Hyun Jung! Where are you?!”

“Guys! She’s over there by the departure hall,” Yesung pointed and all of us ran over. We didn’t make it in time before she went into the departure hall.

“Hyun, please don’t go,” I tried to jerk my arms free from the policemen but I couldn’t. She was looking at me with those light brown eyes, as if to say “I’m sorry.” She said something to her parents before turning and moving towards the counter, away from us. Everyone was shouting and begging her not to go.

“Don’t go!” I shouted again. She simply ignored me and handed her passport to the staff. Eunhyuk was sobbing by now and was being comforted by the leader.

“Hyung, just let her go. She’ll come back soon, don’t worry,” Kyuhyun grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the officers. He quickly got us all away from the entrance and apologized profusely to the policemen. We could've been in deep if it weren't for the fact that they gave us allowance since we were idols. I watched helplessly as she slowly started moving further and further and eventually, out of my sight.

You better come back after four months or I’m finding someone else to love.

 

Lol, I made it seem like she was leaving forever. Anyway, Happy New Year's Eve everyone! School's starting soon which means less frequent updates (psh, as if I update very frequently). So yeap! Hope you have a wonderful New Year! See ya'll at the next update! <3 

P.S Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I enjoyed myself that day, I hope you enjoyed it too! Thank you all!