Chapter 38

In a Super Junior World

 

Donghae’s POV:

“We’re not, just hanging out. Keep it a secret?” Hyun Jung grinned. To be honest, I felt kinda hurt when she said we weren’t dating. I mean, know it’s just to keep it a secret but.. just couldn’t help but feel a little hurt, y’know?

“Sure. Could I have a picture please?”

“Yeah, sure. Donghae,” Hyun Jung nodded in the direction of the waitress who was pulling out her cellphone. After taking the quick of picture together with Donghae, she took our orders and left.

“Gosh that was close,” she sighed in relief.

“Yeah,” I muttered. After eating, we went back into the car and drove straight back to the dorm since she was tired.

“I only said it to protect you, Donghae,” she said, as if reading my mind.

“I know.”

“Then why do you look so upset?”

“Do I?” I feigned ignorance. “Nah, I’m cool.”

“Chh, liar. You’re hurt aren’t you.”

“Maybe a little? But I get it, to protect me, I know.”

“Then stop frowning, you little kid,” she said and pecked me on the cheek.

“Alright, alright,” I sighed. “So what’s new in school?”

“Mm, we’re gonna have something like a showcase sometime next month at Seoul Arts Centre,” she said.

“Are you the lead role in the recital?”

“Unfortunately not. I was in Canada during the selection. But they did make me the understudy of the lead though.”

“Can I come watch? Like as a brother’s friend,” I grinned.

“I don’t think it’s such a good idea. I mean, you’ll get surrounded by the fans there,” she shook her head.

“We’ll disguise ourselves?”

“Please, Donghae. Anyone can see through a cap and sunglasses. Besides, who wears sunglasses indoors?”

“Got a point. Oh well,” I shrugged as we turned into the car park of the apartment. She stifled a yawn and unbuckled her seatbelt and I did the same. After locking the car, we headed upstairs.

End of POV

 

Hyun Jung’s POV:

“Where did you go? What did you do? Who were you with? Why are you so late?” Kyuhyun fired off from the couch.

“I went to the sushi places we frequent, I ate sushi, I was with Donghae, I’m late because I was with Donghae. Does that answer all your questions?” I rolled my eyes.

“I feel like you’re trolling me with your answers but forget that. Shower and sleep, now,” he gave Donghae and I a massive stink eye.

“Yes sir,” I sighed and trudged down the corridor with Donghae.

“Goodnight baby,” he took my wrist.

“Goodnight oppa,” I smiled and we entered our own rooms. After a shower, I hopped straight into bed like Kyuhyun said. After scrolling through twitter for a while, I locked my phone and slowly fell into dreamland.

2 Weeks later~

“Okay, all in the bus! Let’s move along, there’s no time to waste!” the teacher-in-charge herded the 40 of us into the bus that would take us to Seoul Arts Centre for a dry rehearsal of the concert about two to three weeks down the road. After everyone found a seat, the bus began to move.

“Okay, I’ll begin taking attendance. Just raise your hand when I call your name,” she held onto a clipboard and began reading out names. “Kim Haesung?”

“She can’t come today. Her grandma’s sick,” one of her friends informed.

“Okay, Hyun Jung you’re covering her for rehearsals then,” Ms. Lee instructed.

“Neh,” I nodded. Once attendance was done, the one hour bus ride was a rather peaceful one with some chattering amongst cliques in the bus. Hannah and I opted to catch up on sleep during the ride. When we woke up, everyone was preparing to get down the bus. We all gathered outside the main entrance of the centre with our duffel bags slung over our shoulders and waited for Ms. Lee to give us further instructions.

“Later sometime during rehearsal, there’ll be filming for some variety show. Just stay out of the cameras’ way as much as possible. They already know we’re here and apparantly they have a prop in our practice room so when they come in just stop what you’re doing and go to the side, clear?”

“Neh,” we answered. She nodded and PE us into the building. After a lift ride up and a few turns here and there, we arrived at a practice room almost twice as large as ours. And here I thought our practice room back at the university was already big. We dispersed to the nearest bathroom to change into our proper attire and gathered back in the room for practice. The first act of the recital didn’t need me so I just sat on the floor at the side with the others. When the first act was done, it was my turn to come in. I calmly performed my routine I spent hours perfecting. When the second act was done and our coach pointed out things that could be improved, we were dismissed for a ten minute break. Hannah and I headed to the bathroom to relieve ourselves before walking back to the practice room.

“Look, I think the crew is here,” Hannah pointed to the first floor.

“I guess so. What show do you think they’re filming? They said it was a variety show,” I said, also trying to come up with an answer.

“Not sure. I guess we’ll find out when they enter our room later,” she said. We hurried back to the practice room and proceeded with the third and fourth act. My legs were starting to hurt and I really wanted a break. But seeing how the other girls weren’t complaining, I just held it in until we were given our next break. We just finished the fourth act when the door suddenly opened. Everyone who was sprawled on the floor chugging down water turned their heads.

“Annyeonghaseyo..” I almost choked on my water when I saw Eunhyuk at the door. All the other girls were equally stunned. “Sorry to disrupt but I need to do a mission. Is it okay if I snoop around here a little? I need to look for something.”

“Neh,” everyone answered. My mouth wouldn’t close when I observed him looking here and there.

“Could you help me look for it too?” he asked shyly. Gosh.. Lee Hyukjae, if only you were that polite at home. The girls stood up and spread out to look for the item.

“What are we looking for?” one asked.

“Oh right!” Eunhyuk burst out into laughter. “You all watch Running Man right? I’m looking for a Running Ball.”

After receiving the information, we spread out to look for it. I wondered how long it’d take for that silly guy to realize I’m here. I peered behind the couch at the corner of the room to find the familiar silver ball. I quickly grabbed it and was about to tell him when I heard him say something to the camera.

“Seeing all the ballerinas in the room reminds me of Kyuhyunnie’s dongsaeng,” he laughed. Ah he remembers me! So sweet of him.

“Eunhyuk ah!” another familiar voice rang. The other girls immediately erupted into squeals. “Did you find it?”

“I have it here,” I said. The two members turned their heads over.

“Yah!” Sungmin pointed and I burst into laughter. “Hyun ah! Why are you here?”

“I’m having rehearsals. Here, just take the ball and hurry up,” I gave him the Running Ball.

“Kyuhyun and Donghae are here too!” Eunhyuk pointed out.

“Jinjja? Then good luck on the show,” I smiled.

“Right we forgot to introduce you,” Eunhyuk pulled at my wrist. “This young lady is Kyuhyun’s dongsaeng! Pretty right?”

I smiled when the camera man bobbed the camera up and down as if he was nodding.

“She always wanted to be on the show, but said it was impossible because she wasn’t a celebrity,” Sungmin said.

“If you want, you can test her popularity by showing her to the cast,” the one I assumed to be the PD said.

“It’s fine, actually. I was in the middle of rehearsals so..” I awkwardly pointed to the rest of the girls practically flowing with jealousy and envy.

“Sunsaengnim!” Eunhyuk ran over to my teacher in charge and began to show her aegyo. “We can borrow her for fifteen minutes right? Please?”

“But her presence is important..” Ms. Lee pursed her lips. Hearing that, Sungmin unleashed his power.

“Sunsaengnim,” he pouted.

“Neh, fifteen minutes then,” she nodded.

“Kamsahabnida! Let’s go find your brother,” Eunhyuk pulled me.

“But I have to rehearse..” I muttered. Eunhyuk simply ignored me and pulled me down the hallway. I was worried whether I was even allowed so much screen time but the PD seemed to have to problem with it.

“Jihyo noona, did you see Kyuhyun anywhere?” Sungmin asked.

“Kyuhyun ssi? He’s at the main lobby, wae?” my jaw dropped again when I came close to the beauty. “Who’s that?”

“Kyuhyun’s dongsaeng! You don’t know her?”

“Ani.. I know Kyuhyun ssi has a noona but never knew he had a dongsaeng,” she chuckled. “Annyeong!”

“Annyeonghaseyo..”

“Sukjin oppa will surely like you,” she burst into laughter. After letting her leave to go about her mission, we went to the main lobby.

“Oppa, who’s team are you on?” I asked.

“I’m with Jaesuk hyung, Gwangsoo, Haha hyung and Kyuhyunnie,” Sungmin answered. I nodded and figured Eunhyuk was with Jongkook, Sukjin, Jihyo, Donghae and Gary.

“Kyuhyun ah!” Sungmin hollered. Jaesuk who was searching for the running ball along with Kyuhyun both turn their heads.

“Hyun Jung?” Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped as well. My heart was about to jump out of my chest just by meeting so many of my idols apart from Infinite.

“Oppa,” I smiled.

“How come I didn’t know you were gonna be here?” he still couldn’t get rid of his shock.

“Is she your dongsaeng?” Jaesuk turned his head back and forth between our faces. “You don’t look alike at all!”

“I was adopted,” I smiled and accidentally blurted. “Jaesuk oppa fighting!”

“Hyun Jung is Jaesuk hyung’s fan,” Kyuhyun said. Before I could process anything, Jaesuk took my hand and shook it.

Oh my god, oh my god is this real?!

I burst into uncontrollable fan-girly giggles and attempted to stop myself by clamping a hand over my mouth.

“Mwoya..” Kyuhyun jokingly glared at me.

“I- I- I should go. Good luck on the show,” I bowed to them and once to the camera and ran left after they all waved. The euphoria was making me giddy and light-headed. Although I didn’t get to meet the entire cast, I was contented. I quickly entered the room and apologized for my absence before quickly getting back to work. During our next break, the other girls surrounded Hannah and I and kept firing stuff like ‘he really is your brother, huh?’, ‘who did you get to meet?’, ‘I seriously envy you!’

“I just said hi to a few of the cast, that’s all,” I said. “We should hurry and get back to practice, yes?”

Hearing that, the girls nodded and settled into positions. By the end of the entire rehearsals, it was around 8pm. We were provided lunch and dinner during our time there. We didn’t come into contact with any of the other cast members or Fighting Junior after I came back. Sweaty, sticky and tired, I decided to take the easier and more convenient way to get home, the taxi. I dragged my feet to the roadside and found a taxi within five minutes. The house was still rather empty save for the few members who had a lot of free time these days. The Fighting Junior boys weren’t home yet so I figured they must still be filming or having dinner somewhere and the rest should be out on their individual schedules. I showered and decided to use the laptop for a while before heading to bed. I don’t know how long I’ve slept for when I felt the edge of the bed sink a little. Someone was getting into my bed.

“Donghae?” my voice was a tired whisper.

“I just felt like sleeping next to you tonight. Besides, I was the only one that didn’t get to meet you during filming,” he wrapped his arms around me.

“Arasso. Goodnight,” I nodded and closed my eyes. Just before I fell back asleep, I managed to catch him whisper a sweet ‘goodnight’.

 

My latest chapter disappeared after the site went down. So here's the repost! Le sigh.