Saved

In a Super Junior World

 

“Impossible..” Hyun Jung looked at the girl.

“So how do you like my new look?” Janey smirked proudly.

“H- How did you know where I was studying?”

“The power of money, sweetheart, the power of money.”

“Sick . Look, Jonghyun and I are no more. I suggest you get the out of my house before I scream.”

“I’ll leave, alright, I’ll leave. Once I kill you, that is,” Janey smiled and tied the cloth around again, making sure her screams wouldn’t attract attention. She used the knife and grazed Hyun Jung's neck repeatedly but she didn’t want to get herself dirty. Dirty with the blood of the ‘betrayer’. She tore a part of her sleeve and wrapped it around her neck, in attempts to strangle Hyun Jung to death.

When Janey was playing with her knife, the undiscovered Mimi somehow managed to find sudden bravery and stepped out from under the bed, obviously Janey was unaware. The heavens must be watching over them as the random door Mimi had approached wasn’t latched properly to the frame. Mimi easily nudged the door open and hopped onto the bed, doing whatever she could do wake the sleeping guy up. Hyun Jung was slowly losing her senses, she was slowly starting to see weird colours in her vision and all she thought of was Kyuhyun, her parents and finally the nation’s fish, Lee Donghae.

This is how a person dies. This is the end, Cho Hyun Jung.

The tiny cat pulled at his shirt with as much force as she could. Sensing something was wrong, the half-asleep Donghae got up from his bed and followed the cat out of the room. Just barely a meter in front of him was Hyun Jung’s room. Faint choking noises were coming from it and Donghae immediately ran into the room. He froze for a fraction of a second before moving to pry off the intruder.

“Hyung! Help! Thief!” Donghae cried, using his body weight to pin the intruder down. Janey slipped the dagger out from under her shirt and slashed at wherever she could. While Donghae was distracted with the searing pain on his arm, Janey used the chance and pushed him off. She had him in a headlock before he could even blink.

“Hyung!” Donghae shouted at the top of lungs. “Leet—“

Janey clamped a hand over his mouth. Her fears came true when Leeteuk and the rest burst into the room, each equipped with various ‘weapons’ for defense. Their ‘weapons’ ranged from baseball bats, hand mirror, solid gold trophy and a badminton racket. They rushed in and grabbed the intruder away from Donghae. Siwon thought a step faster and snatched the dagger away from the intruder before joining the rest in holding the intruder down.

 “Get off of me!” Janey squirmed. She was, after all, under the weight grown men almost twice her size. Kyuhyun made a move for Hyun Jung was still tied and struggling to steady her breathing. He quickly untied her and protectively wrapped his arms around her.

“Whatever you do, don’t call the cops yet,” Hyun Jung croaked.

“What? We have to get this lunatic arrested!”

“Later,” she said in a hoarse voice.

“Gwaenchana?” Kyuhyun cupped her cheeks. Hyun Jung could only weakly nod.

“Tie her up,” she threw the ropes over to the heap of boys. Within minutes, the boy had Janey securely tied to the chair.

“Hyun Jung! What the happened?!” Heechul screeched, joining the boys on forming a human-shield around Hyun Jung to protect her from the complete lunatic that had snuck into their dorm and tried to murder their little sister. The boys turned even more alarmed when Janey started laughing to herself.

“She’s crazy!” Ryeowook wailed.

“Janey, how the do you know where I live?” Hyun Jung asked in a weak voice.

“For me to know and for you to find out,” Janey smirked.

“Heechul, pull her over here. Nearer to me,” Hyun Jung said.

“No! She’s going to hurt you!” For a second, Hyun Jung was surprised that he said “hurt you” instead of “hurt me” but that thought was quickly washed away and she urged Heechul to bring the lunatic over. Once she was less that a meter away from Hyun Jung, she told the boys to move.

“How? How were you able to get into the same department as me? More importantly, how did you manage to get in?”

“You think I did nothing but study in high school? I was learning ballet too, you moron. Learning how to pick various locks was no easy task. All that preparation was for this day.”

“Do you think it’s worth it? You still lost, Bongsoon, you lost.”

Don’t call me by that name! There is no more Shin Bongsoon. Shin Bongsoon is dead! This is Janey Kim!”

“Shin Bongsoon! Do you think it’s worth it? In the end, Jonghyun knows you’re a lunatic, you failed to execute your revenge and you’re going to be jailed for God knows how long! Probably for life!”

Stop calling me that!”

“Bongsoon, you spent four years doing nothing but planning your revenge that failed. You have everything. You have the money, you have the talent and now you have the looks.  All that gone to waste because of one night that will eventually lead you to jail. Your life is over, Bongsoon. I still have mine. So who won this time?”

“Shut up! Shut up!” Janey was going crazier by the second. She was hyperventilating and sweating profusely. Definitely gone nuts.

Now, it’s my turn,” Hyun Jung raised her right fist and slammed it into Janey’s jaw. The force was so great, the wooden chair Janey was being tied to, toppled to the floor, brining Janey down with it.

“Hyun Jung!” the boys cried.

“I know it’s probably obvious enough, but I just want to make sure. Were you the one that pushed me down?” Hyun Jung asked in a shaky voice. She was visibly trembling. Not from fear, but from the pure anger towards the girl.

“Looking at your state, I think I did a pretty good job,” Janey started laughing again. Leeteuk and Sungmin had to hold back Kyuhyun who was slowly losing his temper. That retarded pushed his sister down from two flights of stairs, broke her ankle, fractured her left wrist, wounded her neck and tried to ing kill her still had the guts to laugh. The only thought that occupied Kyuhyun’s mind was doing the same thing back to her. She needs a taste of her own medicine.

“You ing !” Hyun Jung used her sock covered feet and stepped on the plastic face, twisting left and right. “Bring her upright so I can punch her again.”

The boys made no movement. They knew if they did, Hyun Jung would keep doing it until the offender dies or gets knocked out. Heechul, who was silently keeping his anger at bay, stepped out and heaved the chair upright. But before Hyun Jung could punch her like she wanted to, Heechul slammed his palm against the forehead of her, making the chair tumble back with the force.

“Heechul! Control yourself!” Leeteuk held the younger one back. He broke free from the leader’s grasp and brought the chair upright again, this time, for Hyun Jung. He held the chair firmly in its place so it wouldn’t topple over again.

“That was for making like this,” Hyun Jung hissed.

This is for hurting my Donghae,” she landed another blow at the same spot where she had hit Janey on.

This is for waking my boys up and causing them to worry,” the punch landed on her nose that started bleeding soon after the blow. “Did the silicon shift? Sorry, you’ll have to visit the plastic surgeon after you get out of jail.”

Heechul couldn’t help but smirk at her comment.

“Let go of the bat, Hyun Jung, you’ll kill her,” Leeteuk warned when he saw Hyun Jung taking hold of the bat.

Fine,” she tossed the bat to the floor and threw a final blow. “That, was for trying to ing kill me you little !”

Janey suffered a busted lip, broken nose, bruised jaw and cheek and was semi-conscious when the police came.

“I want that locked up for the rest of her life.”

“We will see to that, Miss,” the officer in charge said.

In her semi-conscious state, an evil smirk found its way to Janey’s lips. “I’ll come back for you, Cho Hyun Jung. When I do, I’ll make sure to kill you. Watch your back.”

After taking each of their statements, the sun was already rising. Tired, injured and traumatized Hyun Jung could only sit in a daze on her bed while Ryeowook treated the cuts on her neck because she refused to go to the hospital.

“Donghae..”  she said. “Thank you.”

“Don’t thank me, thank your cat,” he scooped the cat up onto her lap. “She was the one that crept out of your room and woke me up. If it wasn’t for her, I would’ve found your dead body instead.”

“You were so brave,” Hyun Jung cooed, tears welled up in her eyes as he the still shivering cat. Donghae watched as the poor girl began to sob. Since prom he’d wanted to confess, but seeing how the girl he loved was suffering like this, he told himself to wait for the right time. Breaking up with stupid Jessica would only cause her to confront Hyun Jung and annoy her even more, so the only thing he could do now was to keep Jessica away from her.

The only way to do that was to keep Jessica by his side at all times. Hyun Jung began to break out into uncontrollable sobs and Kyuhyun pulled her into a firm and comforting hug. The rest of boys took this as a signal to leave them alone. The last thing that only Donghae managed to catch before leaving was, “I don’t care, I’m sending you to Canada.”

Donghae’s eyes widened as the door closed shut behind him.

Would she really agree to go? Is she really going to leave us? I knew it was selfish of me to keep her here, but I really didn’t want her to leave. Is she going to stay there permanently? Will she forget about us? Will she.. Forget about me?

“Donghae, wash up,” he heard their manager’s voice instruct. It was too late to go to back to sleep, yet to early to depart for their schedules that they were supposed to be sleeping early for. Despite that, he did go wash up. Donghae came out to the living room to see Kyuhyun begging their manager to let him stay and keep Hyun Jung company. He knew their manager wasn’t a heartless person, Hyun Jung needed her brother at this point of time.

“Kyuhyun ah, as much as I want to let you stay, I’ll get into trouble.”

“Hyung, I’ll answer for it. I’ll take responsibility, please let me stay,” the rest of the members joined him in pleading and Donghae did too. Eventually, their manager gave in and let Kyuhyun stay. Everyone left the dorms and Kyuhyun returned to his sister’s side.

“I’m right here, you don’t have to be afraid,” the aftereffects were starting to get to Hyun Jung. She was trembling uncontrollably, her fingers were so cold and she was turning paler by the second. Tears continued to stream down her face as she muttered continuously, “why?”. Why would Janey do that? Why would she ruin her life for revenge?

Eventually, Hyun Jung had cried herself to sleep and Kyuhyun laid her gently back onto her bed. He stayed by her side all the time, only leaving for a few minutes for a bathroom trip or get some water. He had made up his mind. Hyun Jung must leave for Canada. It scared him silly just thinking about what else could harm his baby sister if she stayed here any longer. This place was a nightmare for her. First the burn, then the breaking of her ankle and now this! A crazy girl had snuck into their dorm and tried to kill his sister. Death was knocking on her door and if it weren’t for Donghae and the cat, his sister would be dead.