Starting to hate you

In a Super Junior World

 

Donghae’s POV:

“Friends or family of Hyun Jung?” the doctor asked.

“Friends,” Leeteuk said. “Her brother is coming soon.”

“Is that all?”

“I’m her boyfriend, what’s wrong with her?” Jonghyun said. Immediately, my fists clenched tightly but I decided the news of Hyun Jung were more important.

“Ah, boyfriend is good enough. She fractured her ribs slightly, not bad enough to worry about. Her left arm is fractured which needs to be put on a cast, also, she has a broken right ankle, she has to be hospitalized for 3 weeks and wheelchair bound for at least 2 months,” he said.

“She does ballet, will it affect her badly?” I asked.

“I’m afraid it will, but, she will recover fully in about 4 months of intensive care and therapy then she’ll have no problem afterwards. But you’ll have to watch over her carefully, she must not strain her ankle within those 4 months or the consequences will be dire,” he said.

“4 months..” I sighed. Knowing Hyun Jung, she’s not going to be able to handle 2 months on a wheelchair, much less 4 months without ballet.

“She’ll be put in ward 324, you can go in, but only one at a time. She will be awake once the anesthetic wears off, say about a day, and when she’s awake, more people can go in,” the doctor said.

“Neh. Kamsahabnida,” Leeteuk bowed.

“It’s my job. By the way, my daughter really likes you, can I have an autograph?” the doctor smiled.

“Sure, no problem,” Leeteuk smiled back. We decided to head over to the ward first.

“She won’t be awake until tomorrow. Hannah, you should go, I’m sure your parents are worried. I’ll call you when she wakes up,” Jonghyun said just as Leeteuk returned.

“Okay, I’ll get going. Call me first thing she wakes up,” she said and handed me Hyun Jung’s purse.

“They told the manager to inform Kyuhyun, he’s worried but he has schedules til late at night. He wants to come but manager hyung wouldn’t let him,” Leeteuk said. “And I have Sukira later.”

Jonghyun who was on the phone with someone came back, “I can’t stay either, I have a radio show in an hour.”

“I guess it’s just me then,” I said.

“We’ll take turns watching over her. I’ll tell Kyuhyun to come when he’s done with his schedules,” Leeteuk said. “Eat something first, you haven’t eaten anything since breakfast, and she’s not going to wake up anytime soon.”

“I will,” I smiled. He waved goodbye and left with Jonghyun. I did a time check and it was already past midnight. I entered the room quietly and pulled a chair beside her bed to sit. Her leg and arm was in a cast and she had scratches all over her right arm and cheeks. I sighed and brushed her bangs aside.

“What happened to you..” I whispered, holding her hand. My eyes fell onto that bruised up yet stunning face of hers. Long eyelashes, double eyelids, sharp nose, kissable pink lips. The inner corners of her eyebrows pulled down and she started squirming. I gripped her hand tighter, only then she stopped moving, but her frown remained. I eased it putting my finger between her eyebrows.

I wanna love you, I can’t live without you

“Yeah?” I answered.

“Can you come keep me company?”

“I can’t. Hyun Jung’s in the hospital, I have to take care of her, besides, it’s late,” I said.

“Can’t someone else do it? It’s not as if you’re her boyfriend or anything.”

“Sica, if I leave, nobody’s going to be around when she wakes up,” I said. I felt irritated.

“Forget it. Just stay with her as long as you want then.”

“Sica—” I frowned when I heard the beep. Whatever. Don’t have to hear her unreasonable protests anymore. I tucked Hyun Jung in before making my way to the sofa in the ward and fell asleep.

“Donghae? Wake up, I’m here, you can go home now,” I opened my eyes to see the maknae standing beside me.

“Arasso. Is she awake yet?” I asked, rubbing my eyes.

“Aniyo. When she does, I’ll call you. Meanwhile, you should head home, shower and get some proper sleep. The sofa’s pretty uncomfortable,” he said.

“Aniya. I’ll just shower and bring her necessary items along. I want to he here when she wakes up,” I said, getting up.

“Are you sure?”

“I am. See you later,” I patted his shoulder and made my way to the exit of the hospital.

“Donghae oppa! What happen to Hyun Jung unnie! Is she okay?!” the fans screamed as soon as I stepped foot out of the hospital. The students in her school probably spread it.

“She’s fine. No need to worry,” I said. I quickly flagged a cab home.

End of POV


Kyuhyun’s POV:

After Donghae left, I sat on the chair that was pulled up beside her bed.

Again.

Again I wasn’t the first one to be there for her when she got into the hospital. I couldn’t help but blame myself for everything. For not protecting her enough, for letting others harm her, for not being there for her and for not fulfilling my duties as her brother. I felt like crap. I couldn’t do anything right. And look, she’s in the hospital again. Looking at her bandages and casts, I could feel the pain she had endured through the whole thing. She’s only 20. The worst thing is, umma’s going to take her away. My cheeks felt warm, I was crying.

“Stupid. You didn’t even go through all the pain she went through, who are you to be crying? You ing useless piece of trash,” I wiped my tears away and held the hand that wasn’t it a cast tightly. “I won’t ever let anything else happen to you. I promise. And I won’t break it this time.”

End of POV

 

Donghae’s POV:

“Donghae hyung! How is she?” Ryeowook ran up to me with his apron still on and holding onto his spatula.

“Quite a few injuries, but nothin permanent. She’ll probably wake up later in the afternoon, you guys can come when she does,” I said tiredly. “I’m gonna go shower.”

“Neh, hyung. Catch up on some sleep too,” he said. I just nodded and headed to my room. I grabbed fresh clothes and showered quickly. I got out just as my phone started to ring. I ran for it, expecting it to be Kyuhyun telling me Hyun Jung had woken up.

“How is she?” I asked as soon as I accepted the call.

“How is who?” Jessica replied. I mentally sighed.

“Nothing. Is there anything you need, Sica?” I asked, trying my best not to sound disappointed and irritated.

“Yes. I need you here. In my dorm, now,” she said.

“Sica I can’t do that. Hyun Jung’s still in the hospital,” I frowned and threw my dirty clothes into the laundry basket by the door.

“So?”

“Sica, if you don’t care about her, it’s fine. But I do, so if there’s nothing else, I’m hanging up,” I said and reached for the end cal button.

“Wait!” I brought the phone back to my ear.

“What?”

“You’re saying you care more about her than you do for me? Is that what you’re trying to say?” I wanted so badly to say ‘yes’ right now, but I couldn’t.

“That’s not what I meant. Quit being childish, will you? Hyun Jung’s in the hospital, are you? No, you’re not,” I said.

“But you’re not her boyfriend, you’re my boyfriend,” she said stubbornly.

“Okay, where are you?” I sighed in defeat. Just staying with her for about half an hour should shut her up for the rest of the day.

“Just meet me at Yeouido Park.”

“Arasso,” I hung up without saying goodbye. I went over to her room and took one of her empty backpacks but I didn’t know what to pack.

“Wookie! Help me!” I called out. He came over and took the backpack from me and started to fill it with clothes. He packed her toothbrush and toothpaste along with her daily items, including the soft square packets that had wings. After he was done, he handed me the full backpack. I thanked him and left the dorms. She was already there when I arrived.

“Oppa!” she waved excitedly. “So you decided that I was more important than her huh? I knew it.”

“Uh.. Sure, if that makes you happy,” I rolled my eyes.

She giggled, “oppa always thinks about my happiness. But you know something that can make me happier?”

“What?”

“You not talking to that ever again.”

“? Who?”

“You know.. The one acting all pitiful in the hospital right now,” she said as if it was nothing.

“She’s not a , what are you saying,” I held a glare back. “And she’s hurt severely, you can’t even imagine half the pain she’s going through.”

“Whatever, I’m sure she’s just faking it,” she rolled her eyes. I didn’t actually hate her, but now I’m starting to.

“How is she faking it when she’s still unconscious from the anesthetic,” I grit my teeth.

“Good! Then you don’t have to be with her!”

“You’re im—”

I wanna love you, I can’t be without you

“Kyuhyun ah, she woke up?” I asked hopefully.

“She did. Can you come over with her stuff? And the guys can come visit her if they want to,” he said.

“Arasso. I’ll be there soon. Call her friend, Hannah and tell her she’s awake too.”

“Neh,” he hung up and I picked up the bag with Hyun Jung’s stuff.

“Where are you going?”

“Hospital, she woke up.”

“I’ll go with you,” she grabbed my arm

“That’ll be unnecessary,” I pried her hand off.

“I want to.”

“She won’t like your presence.”

“It’s either you take me with you or we’re both staying here,” she snatched the backpack away from me and sat on it.

“Get off!”

“Take me with you!”

“Okay fine,” she got up and I slung the bag over my shoulder. I got in and started the engine. “Aren’t you gonna get in?”

“You’re supposed to open the door for me,” she folded her arms. I groaned and got out of the car. I opened the door and slammed it shut the moment her legs were in. I was beyond pissed by now.

“Wookie ah, she woke up, you guys can come if you want. Seoul General Hospital, ward 324,” I said.

“Neh hyung, we’ll be there soon,” I hung up and continued driving. We arrived and she asked me to open the door for her. Knowing she would just hold me back, I opened it for her so I could see her faster. Arriving at her ward, I knocked and opened the door. She was awake but I’ve never seen her so dead looking before.

“Jonghyun?”