Christmas! Part 2

In a Super Junior World

 

Hyun Jung’s POV:

“Donghae,” I called out. He left his spot beside Eunhyuk and Siwon and came over.

“I was waiting for you to call me,” he grinned cheekily.

“Che. You could’ve come over yourself,” I slapped his arm and held out my phone beside his. “Kimchi!”

I suddenly felt his lips on my cheeks when the ‘click’ sounded. My jaw dropped and I found myself staring at him in shock.

“Heh. Lemme see,” he smiled and looked at the photo. I blinked myself out of the daze and quickly took a peak at the picture. Honestly? It was cute, but I wanted another one, this time, without his lips on my cheek. He took his phone and held it next to my phone and wrapped his free arm around my waist and pulled me close. I kinda liked it, he was warm and smelt nice. It gave me a sense of security.

“Looks good,” he smiled. “But I like the other one better.”

“R-Really? I like this one better,” my heart raced as I stared at the second picture. I took a selca with my parents before taking a solo shot with every member. I smiled and rested my head on Hangeng’s shoulder while I skimmed through the pictures happily.

“So how’s Donghae coming along?” Hangeng asked quietly.

“What?” I froze.

“Spill it. I saw that scandalous photo of you and him,” Hangeng chuckled.

“Don’t exaggerate,” I felt myself blushing and I locked my phone.

“Mhm. So are you gonna tell me ‘bout it or am I gonna hafta force you?” He raised an eyebrow.

“There’s nothing to tell you!”

“Che. Fine, don’t. I’m not important enough, huh,” he folded his arms.

“Oppa, quit being childish,” I rolled my eyes. “Gather everyone, I wanna take a group photo before I—“

“Before you what?”

“Before I open my presents! Ha, ha,” I fibbed. “Help me gather them?”

He shot me an unsure look before nodding and rounding up the boys. Heechul somehow managed to talk Ahra into being our photographer. Well, to be her, she has to take the photo with 15 different cellphones.

“Kimchi..” She muttered bitterly. Shindong and Eunhyuk were being total dorks and started to lie down and pose on the floor. To my surprise, Ryeowook joined them. I never expected the poise and calm Ryeowook to be like that! The rest of the members did goofy faces while I clung onto Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s arm. After changing poses fifteen times, everyone finally had a group picture in their own phone.

“Here’s your cake!” I was sitting on the same spot on the couch when Eunhyuk came out from the kitchen holding a plain looking chocolate cake. Honestly? I was a little disappointed. Before I could even make a wish a blow the candles, Kyuhyun blew it out and took the candles out while I felt myself being held back by my waist by Donghae.

“Yah! I know what you’re thinking! If any part of my body gets into contact with that cake I will skin you guys alive!”

“Aww, come on, Hyunnie, what’s a birthday without getting caked, eh?” Sungmin smiled. Before I knew it, they slammed it into my face.

“Yah!” I burst out laughing. “You’re all dead!”

“Say ‘kimchi’!” Heechul smirked and I managed to catch a glimpse of multiple flashes from all around the room.

“This is so going on my twitter account!” Heechul chuckled.

“I know right!” the boys sounded their agreement. I grabbed the nearest person and rubbed my cheek onto his for revenge.

“Hyun!” Leeteuk shrieked, I burst out laughing in response.

“Oh, come here you,” I heard Donghae say before turning my head to face him. He started using his shirt to wipe off the cake.

“Your shirt is stained, Fishy. I could just use a towel, y’know,” I mumbled, secretly enjoying every second of this moment.

“It’s fine, I was planning on throwing this out anyways,” he smiled.

“I smell love in the air!” Heechul proclaimed. Dammit, Chul, my parents are here! How awkward do you want to make me feel?!

“I approve! I approve!” I heard appa shout. I found myself smiling while Donghae continued to wipe off as much as he could. It was the first time in so long that he was being.. I don’t know, sweet? Yeah, sweet. I kinda liked it, to be honest. The lights suddenly switched off just as he was done wiping it off.

“A blackout?” I asked, trying to make out what was happening. Suddenly, candle flames came into view and I broke out into a wide smile. Aish. No wonder that cake looked so shabby, it was meant to go on my face! This one was meant for eating!

“Saengil chukka habnida! Saengil chukka habnida! Saranghaneun Hyun Jungie, saengil chukka habnida! Make a wish and blow out your candles!” Kyuhyun smiled.

I wish, I wish that my boys will stick together forever and live in happiness and blessings.

I opened my eyes and blew out the two big candles and one smaller one.

“We decorated it ourselves!” Siwon beamed.

“Jinjja? No wonder it looks horrible,” I laughed.

“Yah!” They whined.

“I was kidding. It’s the most beautiful and meaningful cake I’ve ever seen. Thank you guys so much,” I hugged the nearest person to me which so happened to be Leeteuk. “Leader-nim, you’ve worked hard.”

“Hyun Jung ah, are you crying?” He hugged me tighter.

“No, why would I?” I smiled.

“You’re really not?” He held my shoulders at arm’s length and the boys peered over at my face.

“I told you I’m not. Now lemme try the cake,” I smiled and took a bite from the fork. “It’s good.”

“Ah,” appa opened his mouth like a child. I giggled and fed him some. Ryeowook got the cake knife out and cut it so everyone could have a slice of the sugary goodness. My phone suddenly buzzed and I reached into my pocket for it.

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Hyun Jung ah! As much as I like to see your beautiful ear, I’d like to see your face even more,” Jonghyun chuckled.

“What?”

“It’s a video call, silly,” my jaw dropped and I brought the phone away from my ear.

“Sorry, I didn’t know,” I laughed.

“It’s okay. Anyways, I just wanna wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy birthday. I’m sorry I couldn’t celebrate it with you today,” his hair was styled up, instead of his usual bangs.

“Thank you. And it’s cool. You’re with your members?”

“Yeah! Hold on,” he looked into a direction. “Guys! Come over here!”

“Mwo?” I recognized it to belong to Taemin. “Omo, noona!”

“Annyeong!” I waved into the camera. The boys had surrounded me, hoping to catch a glimpse of their dongsaeng and hoobae.

“Taemin ah!” Heechul shouted.

“Hyung! Noona, you’re with Super Junior hyungs?”

“Yeah. I live here, what do you expect?” I laughed.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hyun Jung ssi. I heard it’s your birthday. How lucky, it’s on Christmas,” Minho came into view.

“Yep. Merry Christmas to you too,” I smiled. Key, Onew, Minho and Taemin all wished me a happy birthday and a Merry Christmas, before Jonghyun snatched the phone away.

“Back off guys, my turn to speak,” he came into view. “Hyun ah, I heard about Janey, I mean Bongsoon. I’m sorry that happened and I’m sorry I couldn’t be there to protect you. You’re okay, right?”

“It’s not your fault, Jonghyun. And yes, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me,” I said.

“Okay. I’ll visit you some other time. For now, I shan’t disrupt you any longer! Have fun,” he waved.

“Alright. You too!” The screen turned black and I tossed the phone on the couch. “What?”

“Since when were you so close with SHINee?” Leeteuk raised his brows.

“Since I met Jonghyun in school, duh,” I sorta lied. Well, they didn’t need to know the past!

“Anyways, my present’s a little different from the rest of the guys,” Heechul reached into his back pocket and pulled out his phone. He dialed a number before handing it to me.

“What?” I took the phone and stared at it. It was another video call, the only difference was that the person on the other line was wearing a mask. “Heechul, who’s that?”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Hyun Jung ssi!” The voice was somewhat familiar, and so was the background. But who?

“Heechul! Who the hell is that?!”

“Talk to him and you’ll find out, I’m sure you’ll be able to guess,” he dismissed me with a wave of his hand and continued eating his slice of cake.

“Hi, who are you?”

“You really don’t know me?” His voice.. His voice.. Aish! Where have I heard it from?! I was busy racking my brains when I heard a puppy’s bark. A.. Puppy?

Oh. My. God.

“Hoya?!” My jaw dropped.

“Ding Dong Daeng!” He removed his mask as the other members came into view. “Saengil chukahae!”

“Gosh, I look like now. There’s still bits of chocolate on my face isn’t there,” I quickly rubbed my cheeks. “Donghae help me.”

“There’s nothing there, you look fine,” he rolled his eyes.

“Jinjja?” I grew really self-conscious. Dig a hole for me and let me crawl in will you? “Ah, kamsahabnida. Merry Christmas.”

“Merry Christmas, noona!” Sungjong waved to the camera.

“Merry Christmas!”

“Come look for us again. Hoya hasn’t stopped bragging that Kyuhyun sunbaenim’s sister is his fan,” Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

“Hyung, you’re just jealous,” Hoya slapped his chest playfully. “You’re still my fan right?”

“I don’t know.. Grandpa Gyu has been climbing up the ranks lately,” I started to tease. Well, it wasn’t a complete lie. Grandpa Gyu was wrecking my bias list.

“Aww thanks! Wait, Grandpa Gyu? We’re not really far apart!” Sunggyu protested.

“Anyways, we just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy birthday. We won’t disturb you any longer. Send our greetings to Super Junior sunbaenims, okay?” Woohyun hogged the phone.

“Neh. Goodnight and Merry Christmas!” I waved back and hung up on them. “Oh my gosh, Heechul, I love you!”

“Who doesn’t?” He smirked.

“Okay, present time!” Leeteuk announced. Everyone brought out all their shopping bags and started handing out gifts to each other, including umma and appa. Well, Ahra refused to participate since it’s “stupid and she better things to do.” Nobody probed any further since they didn’t really prepare any gifts for and she didn’t prepare any gifts for anyone. I received lotsa things, accessories, iPhone covers, a hoodie, new shoes, clothes, etc. etc. It was getting late and umma, appa and Ahra decided to go back to the hotel they were staying. I almost forgot that the hours I had left in Korea with the guys were getting lesser and lesser.

 

Look at me doing a double update! It's my birthday today and I'm feeling generous. Lololol. :D Merry Christmas!