Christmas! Part 1

In a Super Junior World

Doghae sat up and blinked. He had woken up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty. He stepped out of his room and stumbled to the kitchen to get a cup of water. After washing his cup, he shuffled back to his room. On his way back, he could hear soft cries and sniffs. His eyes immediately landed on her door. Donghae pressed his ear on the thin wooden door and listened harder. Yup. He wasn’t mistaken at all, she was crying. Softly, he twisted the knob and opened the door. Hyun Jung quickly shut her eyes and shifter her position such that she was facing the wall and pretended to be asleep. Donghae didn’t fall for her pretense, gently, he placed his hand on her shoulder.

“I know you’re awake,” he whispered. Hyun Jung didn’t budge.

He’ll go away if I ignore him, he’ll go away if I ignore him.

“I know you’re crying,” he pulled her shoulder, such that she was now facing him with her eyes still shut tight. Donghae gently used his thumb and wiped her trail of tears that she had failed to hide. “You don’t have to hide from me.”

Fresh tears seeped out from the outer corners of her closed eyes and disappeared into her hair. She gripped a fistful of her bed sheet and willed herself to hold it in.

Not in front of the boys. Not in front of Donghae.

“What’s on your mind?” Donghae persisted, wiping away her fresh trail of tears.

“Bad things,” she whispered, opening her eyes.

“Like what? What made my girl cry?” He asked softly.

“I’m not your girl,” she smiled bitterly.

“In my heart, you’re everything.”

“Jessica is your everything,” Hyun Jung shifted her gaze away from his eyes.

“Can’t you tell? I don’t like her. It’s you that I love,” he caressed her cheek.

“Then why’d you take her back?”

“It was a mistake. I thought I liked her, but it was you that I really liked. I failed to realize that earlier.”

“You’re too late,” she took his hand in hers. “A step too late.”

“Why?”

“Nothing,” she shook her head. “It’s late. Go back and sleep.”

“If I leave, you’re going to cry again,” he said.

“I won’t, promise.”

“I don’t believe you,” he chuckled softly. “I’m staying until you sleep.”

“Don’t bother, Donghae.”

“I’m not going anywhere until you sleep. So if you want me to leave, hurry up and fall asleep,” he said. Having no other choice, she closed her eyes. In no time, she was sound asleep. Donghae could hear her steady breathing as he gazed at her sleeping form. Although was slightly open, he still found her beautiful. She finally looked like she was in peace. Donghae got up and went back to his room.

“I’ve already settled your check-ups at the hospital. You’ll go for it in Canada,” Kyuhyun whispered. You’ll never know when any of the members might hear their conversation, these walls have ears, I tell you.

“Neh,” she replied. It was Christmas Eve, her flight was tomorrow.

“You don’t have to pack anything except your personal belongings, you can buy your clothes when you get there. Hyungs wouldn’t suspect anything either,” Hyun Jung nodded. What else could she say? Four months without her boys was going to be tough. When Kyuhyun left, she began to write letters for each of them, including Hannah and Jonghyun, the longest one for Donghae. Not that she was biased, but because she had a lot to say, just not enough time.

Christmas~

“Yah, did you all prepare a gift for her?” Leeteuk gathered the boys in the living room while Hyun Jung was in her room. She had gotten a significant lot better. More cheerful and more smiles. Little did the boys know, it was all just a little facade. She wasn’t okay. She would smile and laugh when watching the different variety programs, she would laugh at the boys’ silly jokes and body gags. But when it was night, when she lied in her bed, every living thing with emotions within a two-mile radius of her would be depressed. At night would be the time she was most vulnerable. She was forced to stay in her room while the boys decorate the dorm and baked her birthday cake. It was already noon and she was sick of being cooped up. She’d leave the room if it wasn’t for Heechul guarding the door as if his life depended on it. Unfortunately, Hannah wasn’t able to join her during the occasion. Well, she had to spend Christmas with her family. Around 4pm, she was released. When she entered the living room, the dorm was oddly quiet.

“Saengil chukahae!” The boys popped out from their lousy hiding places. She could see six feet sticking out from the bottom of the curtain and Santa hats popping out behind the chairs of the dining table. Hyun Jung had already expected them to do this, she didn’t even flinched when they started popping confetti.

“Mwoya, you guys !” Heechul sneered. Just as he commented, the doorbell rang.

“They’re here!” Kyuhyun rushed to open the door. To all of their surprised, the visitors were Kyuhyun and Hyun Jung’s parents together with Ahra and Henry and Zhoumi.

“You guys..” Kyuhyun pointed at the five.

“We met on the way up,” his mother spoke up.

“Really? Well, okay come in,” he opened the door wider as the four of them entered the dorm.

“Henry! Zhoumi!” The boys rushed and clomped on the two before quickly greeting the two elders and Ahra.

End of POV

Hyun Jung’s POV:

“Annyeong kids!” appa greeted enthusiastically.

“Annyeonghaseyo, abeoji, eomoni!” They greeted back.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” Ahra bowed, a bored and uninterested expression evident on her face. Oh God, why did she have to come and ruin my mood?! Gah, just seeing her face makes me wanna throw something at it. All of them removed their shoes and stepped into the dorm. Umma eyes widened as soon as she saw me.

“Umma,” I smiled nervously.

“What happened to you?!” She screeched, making the boys gulp.

“I was careless and tripped,” I shrugged.

“Not surprised,” Ahra snickered. “Why didn’t you hurt yourself even more? This seems like nothing.”

Hold it in, Hyun Jung, hold it in.

“After you fall down the stairs, fracture two ribs and your left wrist, break your right ankle and be wheelchair bound for two months, then you come talk to me,” I shot back angrily. “Why did you even come, does nothing but ruin my mood.”

“A fall did this to you?” Her father raised an eyebrow.

“Down the stairs,” I added.

“Kyuhyun, we need to have a talk,” Kyuhyun swallowed hard.

“Neh, umma,” the three of them entered Hyun Jung’s room while Ahra stood in the living room and the boys silently stared.

“Better than I thought,” Sungmin chuckled.

“Yeah,” Eunhyuk sighed in relief. “Anyway, Henry! Zhoumi!”

They piled into a group hug which just ended up in Henry and Zhoumi falling, making a human tower. I would’ve joined, if I could.

“Anyways, this is Hyun Jung, Kyuhyun’s sister,” Leeteuk introduced.

“Hi,” I smiled. “Cho Hyun Jung ibnida.”

“Are you sure they’re siblings?” Zhoumi whispered.

“Not blood related,” I laughed. “I’m adopted.”

“Glad you know that,” Ahra flipped her black locks and sat down by the dining table. The boys blinked before turning their attention back to me. Can I push her out the window now?

“That explains so much more,” Henry grinned. “You two really don’t look alike.”

“I know. I’m hot, he’s not,” I joked and stuck my hand out for a handshake which the both of them gladly shook.

“What a joke,” Ahra scoffed. I shut my eyes and tried my best to keep my anger at bay.

“It’s meant to be a joke ,” I gritted my teeth. If it wasn’t for the fact that it was Christmas and I’d probably scare the boys for life, I would’ve pounced on her, slit and dig her eyeballs out. “Look here you anno—“

“Hyun,” Donghae hushed, taking hold of my arm.

“So, am I older than you?” Henry asked, trying to calm me down.

“Your age..?”

“Ah, I turn 23 next year,” he said.

“Well, hi, oppa. I blow out my 21st candle today,” I smiled slightly.

“Ah jinjja? Yah, I’m finally older than someone,” he cheered.

End of POV

 

Kyuhyun’s POV:

 “I thought I told you to take care of her!”

“I’m sorry,” I found myself staring at the floor.

“You remember what I said the other time?”

“Neh. Take her to Canada please. If she continues to stay any longer, I’m not sure what else will happen to her. I already bought her ticket along with yours. She’ll leave with you when I send you back to the airport tomorrow.”

“I’m disappointed in you, Kyuhyun,” appa shook his head disapprovingly.

“But since it’s Christmas, I shan’t kill you today. Let’s go outside,” we left the room and joined the rest outside.

“I brought presents!” Zhoumi beamed. “But I’ll give it out later.”

“So did we,” they held up a bunch of shopping bags. “What’s Christmas without presents eh?”

“Leeteuk’s,” umma held out a nicely wrapped parcel.

“Wah, kamsahabnida eomoni,” Leeteuk grinned childishly. They dished out the presents each and finally, Hyun Jung’s.

“If I had known earlier I would’ve bought something else. But your idiot of a brother didn’t tell me anything,” appa sighed.

“Gwaenchana. I can use it when I recover,” Hyun Jung gave a small smile. Oh boy..

“Here,” umma held a huge box wrapped in Christmas themed wrapping paper.

“Looks like you won’t be using it for quite a while,” Ahra snickered. “Oh, poor you.”

“Noona,” I hissed and grabbed the tv remote sitting at the coffee table and hurled it at Ahra, accurately hitting her in the eye.

“Hyun!”

“, I’ve been controlling myself ever since you stepped through that door. It’s Christmas and my birthday, and honestly? I hate the fact that we’re breathing the same damn air. I actually thought you’d have the sense to shut your huge mouth during the occasion, but no! You just have to piss me off. Be glad I waited ‘till now to hit you when I would’ve killed you at ‘hello’!”

“Hyun, calm down,” Donghae squeezed her arm. “It’s Christmas.”

“Ahra, apologize to your sister. Hyun Jung, no matter how badly your sister ticked you off, it’s wrong to hit her, apologize,” umma scolded.

“She started it!” Hyun Jung retorted stubbornly. “I haven’t done a single thing to piss her off!”

“Come on,” I urged.

“Sorry,” the two muttered angrily.

“Uhh. Dinner’s ready, let’s eat!” Ryeowook chirped, running to the kitchen. Everyone gathered round the dining table that was now covered with mouth-watering food. During Christmas, the turkey can never be absent! The steaming hot turkey sat in the middle of the oversized dining table, surrounded by various side dishes.

“Looks good, Ryeowook oppa,” Hyun Jung smiled.

“Jal meogkke seubnida!*” Everyone chorused before eating. Dinner was somewhat awkward because of the little spat Ahra and Hyun got into, but everyone tried to salvage it by making small talk here and there. We just decided to leave the dishes in the sink and wash it later, enjoy Christmas first! The time spent after dinner was used for exchanging of gifts and taking selcas together. Ahra and Hyun Jung didn’t say a word to each other and stayed at opposite ends of the room.

“Hyun ah! Take a selca with your number one oppa,” Heechul exclaimed.

“I’m her number one oppa! Heechul hyung, back off,” I pouted.

“Mehrong,” he stuck his tongue out at me before sitting next to Hyun Jung on the couch and they snapped a photo of themselves.

End of POV