Of course, a scandal

In a Super Junior World

Hyun Jung’s POV:

It’s been about 3 days after the fight I had with Kyuhyun, and so far, nothing much much has happened. The teacher announced the results and of course, Hannah and I were together in the so called ‘better’ class. I’ve noticed something in school. Whenever hannah and i are just casually walking down the hallway, every 5 people we walk past, theres always one or two that waves at us. Are we popular or are the people here just really friendly. Well, I just hope they don’t know about my relationship with Kyuhyun. Some are going to hate me while some are gonna just up to me just to get close to Kyuhyun. Thats why I’ve been keeping Kyuhyun a secret all this while.

My relationship with the members are good. Sungmin and I even went out for dinner together once, which was an improvement! Mimi was finallly willing to leave my room and walking about the house. The members and Heebum have gotten used to her. I even think Heebum and my Mimi are cat lovers or something. I’ve been helping out around the house and I’ve learnt one thing and one the only. The members are all beasts when it comes to food. I can spend three hours in the kitchen whipping up a table full of food that you can’t even rest your elbows on it, and they still want more. I wonder how Ryeowook has been able to feed them the past five or more years.

“Hyun! Are you ready?” Kyuhyun called from outside.

“Just a minute!” I replied and brushed my hair one last time before heading out. Kyuhyun was finally getting me my ice cream! We left the house and decided to walk to the ice cream parlor which was only 5 minutes away. Kyuhyun, of course, was wearing a disguise made up of a beanie and a pair of sunglasses.

“What would you like?” the salesgirl smiled.

“One chocolate mint for her and strawberry for me,” Kyuhyun said fixing his sunglasses uncomfortably after feeling the stares of the girl in front of us and the other patrons in the place.

“Coming right up sir, by the way, has anyone ever told you that you look like Super Junior’s Kyuhyun?” the girl asked. My eyes widened and Kyuhyun cleared his throat awkwardly.

“Oh.. Uh, of course! Many people—” Kyuhyun’s sentence was cut off when someone knocked into him. The worst possible thing that could ever happen, happened. His sunglasses got knocked off in the process, making the girl gasp and widen her eyes in shock. Kyuhyun and I stood frozen in position. Before she even got the chance to scream “Cho Kyuhyun! I love you!” the other patrons beat her to it.

“Omo, it’s Kyuhyun oppa!”

“Kyuhyun oppa! Let’s take a picture!”

“Yah, who’s that girl? Is she his girlfriend?”

All of a sudden, a flash of light appeared.

,” we said both said. Immediately, more flashes appeared. Kyuhyun quickly put his sunglasses back on, grabbed my hand and ran out of the store.

“They got our picture!” I said.

“I know! Let’s just hide for now,” Kyuhyun said as we ran away from the crazy mob of fangirls screaming his name. Kyuhyun and I just ran and ran, we dashed into a small alley and hid behind the trashcan.

“Where’d he go?”

“He escaped! I didn’t get to have my autograph yet!” one whined. Kyuhyun and I tried to control our heavy breathing in fear of being heard by them. After some time, the mob dispersed and we came out of our hiding place.

“Does this happen every time you set foot out of your house?” I panted.

“Apparantly..” he said, catching his breath.

“What are we going to do?”

“Let’s just wait for the article to come out,” he sighed, “we’ll get your ice cream another day.”

“It’s fine. It’s just ice cream. I don’t want to let another article come out, it’ll only damage your reputation.”

“I’m sorry, Hyun,” he said.

“Don’t worry about it, at least you still remember my favorite,” I smiled.

“How could I ever forget? You were addicted to that stuff,” he smiled back and we walked home. We spent the walk just talking about the past and whatever. Kyuhyun didn’t get recognized so it was fine.

“Kyuhyun! It’s the weekend, let me sleep in,” I whined, squishing my face in between the bed and a pillow.

“No! You’re getting your fat up and having breakfast on the count of 5! 1.. 2.. 3—”

“I’m up! I hate it when you do the countdown,” I pouted got out of bed.

“That’s better,” he smirked and left my room to let me freshen up. I took a quick shower and wrapped my hair in a towel. I put on a simple black tank top and comfy shorts before making my way out. Some members already had breakfast and were playing Mario Kart on the Wii. I joined Ryeowook and Yesung at the dining table for breakfast.

“What’s with all the commotion in your room?” Yesung asked, sipping his milk.

“Kyuhyun was trying to wake me up,” I said.

“Sounds like you’re hard person to wake up,” Ryeowook smiled.

“I guess so,” I smiled and finished my omelette. I did the dishes for Ryeowook and headed to my room.

“How can this happen? Hyun Jung is innocent!” a voice I recognized to be Eunhyuk’s, said loud enough for me to hear.

“Shhh! She’s just across the hall, she’s gonna hear you!” Donghae hushed.

“Hear what?” I said. The boys flinched and switch the monitor off.

“N- nothing,” Eunhyuk smiled. I turned to look at Donghae but he just gave a goofy smile and shook his head. Not buying their story, I made my way to the desk where the computer sat and turned the screen on. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped.

Mystery girl with Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun at an ice cream parlor!

I shoved Eunhyuk off the computer chair and sat down, reading the article.

It has been reported that Super Junior’s Cho Kyuhyun was seen with a girl at XX ice cream parlor. Kyuhyun had been wearing a disguise but his sunglasses were knocked off by someone. After being recognized by the fans, Kyuhyun took the mystery girl’s hand and ran off. Who could the girl be? His girlfriend? Here are some pictures below.

I scrolled down and began reading the comments.

“Hyun Jung, don’t..” Donghae whispered, pulling my hand gently.

“No, it’s okay. I expected an article to come out,” I said and read the first comment I saw.

What’s up with this girl? Does she want to get attacked by fans?

She better stay away from Kyuhyun before us ELFs unleash our anger on her.

Such a , what the hell did that girl give Kyuhyun oppa for them to date? Her ity?

“Hyun, stop reading them,” Donghae said, pulling me away a little stronger this time.

“But they don’t understand, Kyuhyun’s my brother,” I said, feeling a clump in my throat and my vision got blurry.

“They don’t. That’s why we’re going to discuss this with Lee Sooman ssi later, don’t worry, okay?” Donghae smiled and wiped my tears.

“I’m sorry for causing all this. It’s all my fault,” I said.

“Don’t worry about it, scandals happen all the time,” he gave my an comforting hug, and brought me back to my room. I lied down on my bed and checked my phone.

23 missed calls from MyPretty

It was Hannah. She must’ve seen the article, how could she not?

“Hyun? Are you okay?” Hannah’s worried voice flooded my ears.

“I’m okay, Hannah. I’m just worried about the boys.”

“It’s gonna be fine, update me, okay?”

“I will. Bye Hannah,” I hung up and buries myself under the blankets.

“Hyun? Could you get changed? We’re meeting Lee Sooman,” Yesung said.

“Alright, 5 minutes,” I got up and changed into this:

I stuffed my iPhone and wallet in before heading outWe got into the car with Donghae driving. Wow, that’s a change, Siwon ALWAYS drives. The whole car ride was disturbingly silent. After 10 minutes, we pulled up outside a prestigious looking building. The shiny marble walls sparkled under the sunlight and the grand double doors leading to inside the building were guarded by two buff looking men. When I looked up, the letters ‘SM’ were on the building. I followed Kyuhyun and the rest in through the back door since they said there’d usually be fans waiting around.

As expected, the interior of the building was amazing. It was just like that of a 5 star hotel. Just no bellboys or suitcases around. We got into the lift and went to the highest floor, again, in silence. The lift was full of posters of the artistes. Super junior and SHINee were on the walls of this lift. Then I came to realize, Jonghyun could be in this very building right now. I mentally groaned at the thought of meeting him here. I didn’t even notice that we arrived until Heechul nudged me and made me get out of the lift. We came to a stop at a brown door with the initials ‘L.S.M’ carved on a golden plate which was stuck onto the door.

Leeteuk knocked on the door and a female voice answered for us to come in.

While Leeteuk was talking to the girl, I whispered to Eunhyuk, "Lee Sooman ssi is a girl?"

"That’s just his secretary," he whispered back.

I was silent for a moment, thinking of how dumb I sounded just now, "right. I knew that."

Eunhyuk chuckled softly while the secretary showed us to the door which was just across the door we came in from.

"Just let Leeteuk and the rest do the talking, Lee Sooman can be quite harsh," Donghae said while Leeteuk knocked the door. We all filed into the room after getting permission.

"Sit down," Lee Sooman said. He was sitting on a black leather chair behind a huge desk with lots of papers on it.

"You must be the girl who caused all this," he said, a fierce look in his eyes. A great wave of guilt hit me when he said that.

"Lee Sooman ssi, with all due respect, please don’t say that about my sister. She didn't want it to happen either," Kyuhyun said, secretly clenching his fists.

"Your sister?’ his eyebrows shot up.

"Neh, Cho Hyun Jung ibnida. Sorry for causing so much trouble," I got up and bowed as low as I could even though I absolutely do not have a good first impression of this rude man. Yes, I know it’s my fault, but isn’t there a nicer way to phrase?

"I see. So, care to explain how it happened?"

"Kyuhyun and I were just going to get ice cream, as we were about to pay, someone knocked into Kyuhyun, it made his sunglasses drop onto the counter and he was recognized. The patrons took a picture before we could run away," I explained, not leaving out a single detail. When I was done, he took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes, as if in deep thought.

"I see. Well, I have one way to solve the issue but I’m worried about what will happen to you," he said. Worried about me? Dude, you just indirectly verbally abuse me 10 seconds after I came into the room and you’re worried about me?

"What is it, sir?’ I asked.

"We’ll just tell the public that you guys are siblings,’ he said.

"But that way, the people in Hyun Jung’s school will hate her even more than how much they hate her after reading the article," Kyuhyun protested.

"We have no other choice, it will doe down sooner or later. This is your reputation we’re talking about!"

"But sir—" Leeteuk said.

"Do it," I cut him off.

"Hyun Ju—"

"Just do it. Hold a press conference and tell them we’re siblings. It’s the truth anyways. Besides, it’s your reputation we’re talking about. The moment you make a mistake in your performance or whatever, people are going to jump at you and say that you’re not focusing on your career and you’re distracted by your girlfriend. As for school, don’t worry. I can handle it. It’ll just die down sooner or later and everything will be back to normal," I said, ‘when will the press conference take place?’

"Let’s put it on Tuesday. It’s Sunday today, it’ll be two days from now. A van will come to pick all of you up at 4pm. The press conference will be at 6pm," he said.

"I understand. Sorry for causing so much trouble, Mr. Lee," I bowed once again.

"Its okay, these things happen. Just be more careful next time," he smiled slightly. Hmm, maybe this guy isn’t so bad after all. We said our greetings and left the office.

"Hyun, we’re gonna stay behind for practice, will you be okay by yourself?" Kyuhyun asked in the lift.

"I’ll be fine, I can just flag a cab. I’ll make dinner for you guys,’ I said.

"Okay. We’ll talk about this again once I come home okay?’

"Arasso. Take care," I smiled and they got off at the 10th floor. The lift stopped again at the 6th and guess what? Oh lucky me, I’m in the same lift as Jonghyun and this orange-y haired boy.

"Hyun Jung? Are you okay? I’ve heard about it,’ he said.

"I’m fine.’

'Hyung, who is she?’ the orange haired boy asked.

"She’s one of my schoolmates at the school that manager hyung forced me to attend," Jonghyun said.

"Annyeonghaseyo," he bowed a little.

"Annyeong, you’re.. Taemin, right? If I’m not wrong, I’m your noona," I smiled.

"Jinjja? Eh, I’m always the youngest ," he whined.

"You’re forever our baby maknae," Jonghyun smiled. We reached the ground floor and the three of us got out.

"Where are you going? I’ll give you a lift," Jonghyun offered.

‘No, it’s fine. I don’t want another scandal. I already have ELFs hunting me down, I don’t want the Shawols after me," I smiled, "bye Taemin, bye.. Jonghyun."

"Bye. Take care," he said. I nodded and left the building. I managed to get a cab without getting spotted by ELFs. As soon as I got home, I changed back into my tank top and shorts before calling Hannah.

"Yeoboseyo?’

"Hannah? It’s me," I said.

"Hyun! Updates!"

"Okay, so we’re having a press conference on Tuesday to announce that we're just siblings."

"But the people at school—"

"Yes, I know. Well, they probably hate me already so a little more wouldn’t make difference," I laughed.

"I wonder how at times like these, you can still smile."

"Well, being sulky wouldn’t solve anything, I’m just making myself and the people around me upset.’

"You’re right. Anyways, gotta go, take care okay?’

"I will, you too. Bye," I said and hung up. I gave Mimi some cat food and went to make dinner for the guys. I decided on some ddukbokki, spaghetti and samgyupsal. I got out the necessary ingredients and equipment. I washed my hands and began slicing the rice cakes while Mimi sat on the floor at my feet.

"Mimi, the people in school hate me," I said, "what should I— AW ."

I clutched my bleeding finger and ran around the house looking for a first aid kit. I finally found it in Eunhyuk’s room and quickly cleaned the wound. After bandaging it, I returned back to the kitchen. There was blood on the cutting board and rice cakes.

"Ugh, wasted food," I said and dumped the bloody rice cakes. I got out some fishcakes and just decided to boil it or something. I made a huge portion of spaghetti since that’ll be the main course and the boys eat a ton. Thankfully, no accidents happened and dinner was done. I wrapped the bowls and plates with plastic cling wrap and put them in the fridge for the boys to re-heat. I went to my room to change into my ballet attire before heading down for practice. I don’t know how long I’ve been in there until my iPhone lit up, signalling a call.

Calling - GameKyu

"Oppa?"

‘Hyun, where are you?!"

"I’m in the studio downstairs!"

"Come up!"

"Alright, I’m coming up," I said and hung up. When I checked the time on my phone, I realized I’ve been in here for a good three hours. I came into the apartment to see the members already devouring the food I made.

"Gee, thanks for waiting guys," I said sarcastically.

"We were hungry.." Heechul pouted, his mouth stuffed with food.

"I was just playing with ya. I'm gonna take a shower. Carry on guys," I said and heade to my room. I got some fresh clothes and took a quick shower. I changed my plaster to a clean on with a little dinosaur on it. Yes, I like animal plasters, problem? Anyways, I dried my hair and headed out. Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Ryeowook and Heechul were at the table drinking.

"What happened to your finger?" Leeteuk asked.

"Oh, just a small accident, all taken care of," I said and began eating.

"Are you okay?" Ryeowook asked, examining my finger.

"I'm fine. I won't die so easily," I said.

"Yah, stop talking like that!" Kyuhyun lightly chastised. I rolled my eyes and brought the plates back to wash. 

"Oppa, can I have some?" I asked, pointing at the alcohol the boys were sharing.

"Absolutely not!" Kyuhyun said.

"Why, I'm of age," I said and snatched the bottle of vodka from him. I got a bottle of coke out and poured it into the glass of vodka and mixed it. I sat with the members just drinking and chatting. I stopped when I got sleepy and headed to my room. i brushed my teeth and gave Mimi some snacks before heading to bed. I'm seriously dreading school tomorrow..