Sweet Talking and Nicknames

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I don’t agree with your decision.” Tiffany picks at her food while her friend Taeyeon goes on and on about what a terrible decision she made. “Nichkhun could hurt you, then what? You will be left heartbroken just like your brother-”

“Taeyeon!” yells Yonghwa. He’s sitting directly across from Taeyeon and Tiffany, wearing his signature blue shirt with the stripes - or is is a white shirt with blue stripes? Tiffany never knew nor did she even care.

Normally, for lunch, Tiffany would eat with her friends. Taeyeon, Jessica, and Yonghwa. They sit by the giant oak tree inside the school’s secluded garden area.  Not only does it provide shade, it offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere that you can’t get in the cafeteria.

Sometimes, Jessica’s boyfriend, Donghae, would join them for lunch. Today wasn’t one of those days. Neither was Jessica present at the table. Being best friends, Tiffany panicked at first because she really needed to talk to Jessica, but she figured Jessica is with Donghae making out in another part of the school. Totally gross.

Speaking of Jessica, she happens to be Tiffany’s oldest friend. After Nichkhun of course. Although, Tiffany isn’t certain if she should still count Nichkhun as a friend. Anyways, Tiffany and Jessica met when they were twelve years old; it was during the time when Nichkhun’s mother refused to bring him to the park. Jessica was playing on the bright blue and yellow jungle gym with her younger sister, Krystal; whereas, Tiffany was alone on the bench, a few meters away from the jungle gym, but close enough for Jessica to discover her. Jessica always had this knack, as Tiffany would describe it as, in figuring out others’ emotions and feelings and overall everything. She’s like a detective. The female version of Sherlock Holmes. With that mentioned, Jessica cleverly figured Tiffany was waiting for a person who would never show up. Feeling bad for her, Jessica hurriedly skipped to her mother and asked for two things that she could share with Tiffany: her lollipops, similar to the ones that Tiffany shared with Nichkhun a years back.

“Hi there! My name is Jessica! Lets be friends!” These were the words that caused Tiffany to remember hers and Nichkhun’s first meeting, and immediately wanted to be Jessica’s friend. Since then Tiffany and Jessica have been best friends.

“No need to bring that up,” Yonghwa mouths to the tiny, frowning, girl, fearing Tiffany getting hurt.

Meeting Yonghwa was beyond weird for Tiffany. All she remembers is meeting the boy during her freshman year, because he moved in next door to her. He came over to her house one day during her movie day with Jessica. He strangely asked for a cup of sugar, and Tiffany gave him some because what kind of person would say no to giving sugar. Well, thats what Tiffany told Jessica at the time. The next time Jessica came over to her house, Yonghwa asked for another cup of sugar. It then became an endless cycle of Jessica visiting and him ringing the doorbell for more sugar. Soon enough, Tiffany and Jessica forced the truth out of Yonghwa and discovered that the frightened boy liked Jessica. She was flattered, however, his constant asking for sugar freaked Jessica out that no matter how cute Yonghwa’s accent is, Jessica just could never like him that way. The three remained best friends though once they settled the issue.

Tiffany would like to say there are only two - previously three -  men in her life that she could rely on. First, there is her older brother, Changmin, for Tiffany believes he’s the only one in her family that cares about her. Despite his grumpy grandpa attitude, Tiffany loves him from the moon and back. Then, there is Yonghwa. He has always acted like a second older brother to her, one more humorous and playful compared to her actual brother. Yonghwa is also the only other person to now Tiffany’s secret. Originally, Nichkhun held a place as the third men but things has changed.

“I’m just saying,” Taeyeon shrugs, “She shouldn’t do this.”

Taeyeon was the newest addition to the group, before Jessica introduced Donghae to them. Tiffany knew her since their second year because both girls participated in the school musical as back up singers. It was not until junior year did Taeyeon started a conversation with her when they had homeroom together.

“Guys, guys. No need to argue because I got this. I’m going to win the game,” Tiffany smirks.

Taeyeon folds her arms across her chest. She takes a moment to let Tiffany’s words sink in before expressing her opinion once more.

“Don’t do it”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter