Time for Change

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Five Years Later~

 

Sniff in, and sniff out. The Seoul air is different from what Tiffany is used to. She’s strolling along the streets of the beautiful capital; her first visit. Changmin and her traveled for hours to make it in time for Jessica’s big fashion launch. Yes, her best friend in the whole world is launching her own brand after graduating from college a year ago.

 

Today, Tiffany is on her own. Changmin left the hotel, booked by Jessica for them, early in the morning. Jessica is at her shop and Yonghwa …. Well Tiffany is not sure if she’s going to see him. She hasn’t seen him since he debuted six months after he left home. The other three visited in their debut year. They said Yonghwa was the busiest with dramas, variety shows, and producing songs for different artists. As the years went by, the three started to visit less when their schedules got filled with their own drama roles. Same goes for Jessica when she took up fashion. Tiffany can’t blame them though. Big things were happening for them. Big changes in their lives. As for Tiffany, herself, nothing much changed. She still works at the bakery because she really likes the owner. After every shift, the owner kindly gives her the leftovers and wishes her and her brother a good night. However, the money she makes from the bakery is not enough, so she got jobs at the bookstore and Jaejoong’s restaurant.

 

On her way back to the hotel, she spots this huge jewelry store, one where only socials would shop at. “Woah,” Tiffany smiles, as she spots a beautiful necklace in the high prestige store. The necklace holds a sterling silver butterfly charm that has a sparkling pink gem in the middle. It’s so beautiful in Tiffany’s eyes. But it’s more than Tiffany could dream to make. Abandoning the necklace, Tiffany goes back to her agenda with her head down, unaware that she bumped into a person.

 

“Tiffany!” Jessica waves. She invited Tiffany to this swayze jazz restaurant. “I ordered salmon for me and lasagna for you, if that was alright,” she says as Tiffany takes a seat across from her. Tiffany is eyeing her friend. Jessica is wearing this long sleeved, white blouse paired with a knee length red pencil skirt. The gems on Jessica’s necklace are red and flower shaped. Tiffany doesn’t look down at Jessica’s shoes, already knowing they would be of expensive taste. Peeling her eyes away from Jessica, Tiffany notices an empty chair in between them. “Yonghwa is coming. Finally.” Jessica rolls her eyes. “I’ve been trying to convince him to shift his schedule around, so that we can eat lunch together.”

 

“You’ve seen Yonghwa?” Tiffany asks confusedly, feeling left out. Not only has she not seen Yonghwa, she also had not heard from him. In the first few months of being separated, he tried to find time to text her and call her on Skype. After the debut, he totally lost contact.

 

“Yeah,” Jessica nonchalantly replies. Somehow Tiffany managed to stay in touch with Jessica, though, it’s only a text or two every month. “I’ve mainly stayed in Seoul and he frequently visits for the music and variety programs. Believe it or not, I have to take time out of my schedule to go to the broadcasting stations to see him. He is insanely busy.” She’s pulling her lipstick out of her red Michael Kors bag. In college, Jessica interned at a fashion magazine. Eventually, she landed herself a job as a teen writer for their online advice column on all things from fashion to love to life.

 

“Do you guys still text or call?”

 

“Hmm … Yeah. Don’t you guys - Omg.” She drops the lipstick and gasps as she covers . “I’m such an idiot. Such, such, such an idiot. Sorry, Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany picks up the dropped lipstick and hands it back to her. “It’s alright. A bit sad at first since I hardly hear from you and Yonghwa; but like you said, Yonghwa is busy. It’s easier for you guys to meet since you both are here. And I’m not.”

 

The food arrives not a moment later.

 

“Where’s Changmin oppa?” Jessica wipes in a delicate manner, as to not smudge her lipstick, with her napkin. “Has he gotten married?” The waiter comes by and hands Jessica a glass of wine.

 

~Flashback~

 

“Jessica,” Tiffany asks her. “Will you ever drink alcohol?” They’re sitting at the front steps of their high school, waiting for Yonghwa to finish his club activities. Last night, Tiffany’s dead went crazy after two rounds of drinking and threw Changmin’s guitar out the window.

 

“Of course not! I won’t even drink wine, Tiffany!”

 

~End of Flashback~

 

Jessica promised. She promised in their first year of hig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter