Can't Stop

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just once in a day, I remember you, miss you

Just once in a day, I try to forget

This can’t be right, then what am I supposed to do?

 

Tracing the cold plastic surface, which is separating him and his loved one, he stares at the beautiful lady laying peacefully in there. Everyone expected him to cry, to scream, to let loose, like he did in their debut album for “I’m a Loner”. But nothing. People assume he’s holding in his emotions, acting strong, because that is what she would want for him. For him to be strong. What they did not know is that he held it in for so long that it changed him.

 

“Jung Jessica! Look over here!”

 

The reporters scream, attempting to catch the attention of the hottest new fashion designer on the scene. Jessica waves at the cameras, practically flirting with them. The next to appear on the pink carpet, on the request of Jessica, is CNBlue wearing blue suits that Jessica specially designed for them. Reporters go wild when they learn of this fact, and fan girls love the idea of high school friends helping one another. After CNBlue’s arrival, Ailee steps out of her limo in a classic fitted red dress designed by Jessica. CNBlue’s and Ailee’s managers push the supposed love couple in front of the cameras, forcing them to pretend to get along and smile for the pictures. Changmin, who despises the flashing lights, arrived hours before the event to help prepare the opening, so he’s at the door, shielded with a red ribbon, to greet his sister’s friends. Tiffany is the last to arrive. She wanted to be here the earliest for her best friend but Siwon told her to come with him. Unfortunately, Siwon got the time mixed up and the limo came an hour late, and he did not want to go to the event without one when he knows the press will be there. So Tiffany came thirty minutes after the ribbon cutting. Jessica assures her that it’s fine. At least she came in support.

 

“Say ho! Say ho ho ho!” Big Bang’s G-Dragon screams. For the opening night party, planned by Jessica’s younger sister, Big Bang was invited as the performers. Krystal could have easily invited CNBlue but she wanted to give them a break and let them enjoy the night. Nevertheless, CNBlue did a performance of their single, “Can’t Stop”, for their special friend. They even did a rock rendition of Jessica’s favorite song, SNSD’s Gee.

 

Tiffany saunters through the crowd of dancing bodies. She sees some familiar faces like Sooyoung from high school, Jessica’s old Running Man partner; Minho, Onew, and Taemin, the boys Jessica played against in beach volleyball; and even Kim Jonghyun, Jessica’s ex-boyfriend, with his fiancee in tow. Surprisingly, Jessica greets them both warmly and strikes a conversation.

 

“What did you talk about?” Tiffany asks her later on.

 

“I was congratulating them on their engagement,” she replies as she greets more of her guests. “Jonghyun’s fiancee is so beautiful and sweet. She bought a thousand dollars worth of clothing from my brand.”

 

Tiffany smiles when the guests kindly greet her but she is more focused on Jessica. “Isn’t it awkward though?”

 

“Awkward? Why?” At the snack table Jessica quickly grabs a plate of fruits for her and Tiffany.

 

Tiffany accepts it but continues the questions. “You guys used to date.”

 

“Hi,” Jessica welcomes more guests. “For a short time,” she swiftly glances back at Tiffany. “Sure, we thought we were in love,” admits the fashion designer, “but when I mov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter