The Beach (Part 2)

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
The sun is shining, the little kids are making sand castles and sand angels, and Tiffany is watching an exciting match of beach volleyball. The game is between the boys and the girls. Representing the boys are Jonghyun and his friends along with Nichkhun and Donghae. On the girls side are Jessica and some girls Tiffany never met. It was an intense match as both teams were neck to neck. Mainly due to the superb skills of Donghae and Nichkhun and Jessica and this one girl - who Tiffany later finds out is named Bora.

 

Tiffany is not sure who to cheer for. Her best friend Jessica or her game mate Nichkhun? She decides to become Nichkhun’s cheerleader after learning that Yonghwa is Jessica’s personal mascot.

 

“Game set! Boys win!” Jonghyun's friend Taemin declares. The boys high five one another, then congratulate the girls, especially Jessica and Bora.

 

“Nice game, Sica,” Nichkhun pats her on her back.

 

“Thanks, Khun!” She smile but it soon disappears when Donghae congratulates her. “Uh, thanks Donghae.” And walks away leaving a dejected Donghae.  

 

Tiffany wants to cheer him up but Nichkhun drags her away for a short walk across the beach.

 

“So are you going to scream, jump in my arms, and scream at how amazing I was at volleyball?” he smirks.

 

Tiffany smirks back, wanting to for a bit. “Sure, but I’m pretty sure Jessica was the better player.”

 

“Ouch,” he feigns a look of hurt. He moves his right hand over where his heart is located. “That hurt me right in the heart.”

 

Tiffany sticks her tongue out. “Man up,” she squeals when he starts to tickle her. “Stop. Oh my! Stop! Nichkhun!” He continues to tickle her even when she falls to the ground on her knees with watering eyes. Nichkhun likes to see Tiffany’s eye smile, prompting him to tickle her even more. “Nichkhun! My stomach is starting to hurt from all the laughing!”

 

Nichkhun stops in fear that he’ll really hurt her, and apologizes as he helps her up. “Sorry,” he scratches the back of his neck, “I underestimate my strength at times.” He flexes his muscles, showing off the results of intense workouts throughout the years, and Tiffany laughs, and her laughter brings a smile to Nichkhun’s face, and no matter how cheesy and cliche that sounds, it’s the truth. Her happiness brings him happiness.

 

“Aigoo, dear.” These words surprise the two, who look up and discover an elderly couple. The lady is staring and pointing at them with a hint of joy in her eyes while the man simply smiles at his precious’ reaction. “Dear, don’t you remember when we were at that age and in love?” she squeals.

 

“Yes, honey, I do.” The man kisses her on the lips, and the couple leaves.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter