The Heart Says Otherwise

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Krystal wants to die. And I, the author, am not saying she’s depressed or anything like that. It’s more like Krystal’s suffocating from the awkward, tense air set by Tiffany and Nichkhun, whom both look like they want to run away and hide forever. Krystal can totally imagine what they could possibly be thinking in their minds: what is he/she doing here? Oh, the looks of surprise when Tiffany heard Nichkhun’s name and Nichkhun’s face when he saw Tiffany in the living room. They were both priceless in Krystal’s opinion. But the fun is over now and the awkwardness is killing her.

 

There’s another knock on the door, and Krystal, thanking the heavens, excuses herself to answer it despite knowing that one of the other two would have love to escape as well, but Krystal wanted them to suffer more than they already have. When Krystal opens the door, she comes face to face with an embarrassed looking Jessica who simply hurries inside and goes straight to her room without acknowledging the presence of either person currently in the suite. Because there’s only one person on her mind. The one person that she wants to erase.

 

When Jessica woke up, she found herself in Donghae’s car. With Donghae staring directly at her. Jessica’s heart started to beat rapidly, uncontrollably. And when Donghae spoke, dear Lord, with that husky voice of his, it almost caused Jessica to kiss him. But she restrained herself because she knows it’s better for them to be friends.

 

“Thanks for the car ride,” she innocently says. She doesn't ask about what happened to Siwon or what happened afterwards. Instead, she blocked those memories from her mind. When she’s almost out of the car, Donghae pulls her in close, so that he could kiss her on the lips, and then he drives away after he lets her go.

 

Now, in her room, she’s hyperventilating. She does not want to be in another relationship. Since high school, she has had one more boyfriend. His name was Kris Wu, a Chinese foreign exchange student desiring to be a model, and they met at the company that Jessica worked for. People thought they were a good fit because it was like Barbie and Ken in real life. Except for Yonghwa and Krystal. They didn’t think Kris was a match for Jessica because he was too reserved and would force Jessica to spend time in his apartment watching old American movies instead of spending time with friends. The relationship only lasted for four months before she dumped him, because he refused to attend Krystal’s graduation and even tried to prevent Jessica from going. So, yeah. That was Jessica’s last relationship and, quite honestly, she loves being single. She does not have to worry about looking good for a man or notifying someone of her plans with her friends. She feels free, and she likes it. But with Donghae … Would she be willing to get into another relationship if she loves the freedom.

 

 

~The next day~

 

“Let me get this straight,” Jessica rubs her neck, “you want to stay here, at my place, for the meantime?”

 

“Jess,” Tiffany says, sighing, “I have nowhere else to go.” It isn’t that Jessica doesn’t want Tiffany to stay with her. She would love to have Tiffany as a housemate. The problem is, the suite is getting too small for the number of people.

 

“Your brother lives in Seoul,” Krystal reminds Tiffany. “Go live with him. It’s getting crowded around here.”

 

“My brother is living with his girlfriend. I don’t want to live with my oppa when she’s there,” Tiffany says.

 

Krystal sits down next to her sister. On the coffee table there lies a bottle of red wine and Krystal gets a glass for herself and her sister. Drinking her wine, Jessica asks Tiffany, “Why not? Gyuri unnie is nice and very knowledgeable. There shouldn’t be any issues. Plus, Changmin seems to really like her. Like a lot.”

 

“I know she’s nice but…” Tiffany whispers.

 

“But Gyuri unnie isn’t Yunho oppa,” Jessica concludes. “You are aware that Yunho oppa is dating Go Ara, the daughter of Mr. Go who used to be our math teacher in our first year of high school. Changmin oppa and Yunho oppa have gone their separate ways, and they seem content that way.” What Jessica says is the truth to the dismay of Tiffany who was really hoping that Yunho and Changmin would have gotten married. “So I would start to getting used to Gyuri unnie because any day now they could be getting married.”

 

Tiffany laughs. “Getting married is impossible. They’ve only been dating for how long?” And then she thinks about it. “O.m.g. You don’t think they are planning on getting married, right? Changmin oppa is at the age to wed. No! He’s beyond at the age to wed. He should be married by now. O.m.g! They are gonna get married, then have little Changmin’s and Gyuri’s running around, and I’ll be an aunt. I don’t know how to be an aunt. I’m his only sibling. That means I have to play the cool aunt role. How does one play the cool aunt role?”

 

“You play with the kids,” suggests Krystal.

 

“You buy the kids gifts,” Jessica also suggests.

 

“That wouldn't be enough!” Tiffany screams. “Nothing would be enough for the kid or kids.”

 

“You’re overreacting,” scoffs Krystal. “Freak out about them getting married first before you freak out about kids.”

 

“I’m sorry,” Tiffany says, “but there is so much on my mind right now. Siwon and I have not talked in so long and it’s bothering me.” At the mention of Siwon’s name Jessica’s head starts pounding. The pain is tin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter