Comeback

Nothing But a Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CNBLUE’S FRONT MAN IS A LIAR!

Ailee and Yonghwa, a perfect couple? Or just perfect pretenders?

Boices Devastated to Learn the Truth. Lost All Faith in ‘Oppa’

 

Articles everywhere are plastered with the above headlines. Newspapers selling like hotcakes. People tuning into the morning news to learn more of the deception. Outside FNC, reporters camp, waiting for anyone close to Yonghwa to step up, allowing them to do their job and bombard the poor soul with endless questions. Fans are waiting on the other side of the street, watching in either pure agony or anger. The two unfortunate souls to brave the crowds happen to be Minhyuk and Jungshin.

 

“Minhyuk! Jungshin! Any comments on the deception led by your fellow brother?”

 

“Jung Yonghwa is now the most hated man in KPOP. Do you have any comments?”

 

“Did you know about Yonghwa’s and Ailee’s pretend relationship?”

 

Being loyal bandmates, Minhyuk and Jungshin stay silent as they make their way into the company van followed by their manager.

 

A banana peel is thrown directly at Jungshin’s head.

 

 

In her suite, after waking up and still in her pink silk pajamas, Jessica is eating french bread with her younger sister. Their conversation was mainly about Krystal’s reconnection with Minhyuk, and Jessica, as Minhyuk's good friend, ordering Krystal to stop playing with his heart and consider his feelings, because Minhyuk is a good man and deserves someone worthy. Krystal scoffs and fires back that she’s worthy enough. The sisters’ banter continues until Jessica’s maid barges in to turn on the television to the morning news. Jessica, wanting to scold the maid since she dislikes eating with the television on, quiets down when she reads the headlining news, and runs off in her pajamas.

 

 

Yonghwa is alone, in one of the recording studios at FNC, shielding himself from the judgemental eyes of the world. Occasionally, members from his band would check up on him, to see if he’s still there, breathing. Sometimes it would be labelmates, like Hongki or Jonghoon from FT Island or Juniel or Jimin from AOA, if the bandmates are stuck with their activities. Yonghwa doesn’t touch the guitar by his right foot nor pick up the pencil he brought intending to write a new song. He sits. Contemplating. And mentally preparing himself to face the past he tried to leave behind.

 

Bang! As the door hits the wall. Thinking it is someone from FNC, Yonghwa turns around, fed up with the constant sympathy. But he realizes it is Jessica hugging him around his shoulders.

 

“I told you,” she sobs, “I’m still here for you … even in my humiliating pajamas … I’m still here for you.”

 

 

“You shouldn’t have done that,” Changmin lectures while packing several water bottles and snacks into his backpack for a one day trip to Gangnam with Park Gyuri, an old friend from high school, who moved to Seoul permanently following graduation. “High in emotions. Not properly thinking. I would understand it if you decided to hit up a bar and get plastered. But telling a reporter’s son of your friend - and let me remind you that your friend is a celebrity! A freaking celebrity at what could be the peak of his career. Telling a reporter’s son of your friend’s business without hearing the full story, what were you thinking? Wait, I know. You weren’t thinking at all. You weren’t in the right mind, however, that doesn’t give you the privilege of blabbing about your dear friend’s life.”

 

Tiffany groans into her pillow. She’s done. Done hearing your brother rant on and on about her supposedly mistake. But she doesn’t understand. The fans of CNBlue and Ailee hold the right to know the truth in their relationship -  or their non-existent one. “Oppa, what’s happened has happened. All in the past. Can’t do much now.”

 

“So you’re not guilty about that!” He points to the television featuring the news caster reporting that an angry fan threw a banana peel at Jungshin because of the news. Truth be told, she feels bad that Jungshin got hit because he’s innocent in this whole ordeal. Why does he have to suffer when it was Yonghwa’s fault. “You basically destroyed the reputation and career he built for years in one swoop!” Changmin stuffs another round of his snacks into the almost fu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter